Not open for further replies.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
An SVD, MVP, or a Vamo would be my suggestion. I'm partial to the SVD, but that's just me being biased. If you're going for a tube mod, you're going to need external batteries (the SVD can take 18350, 18500, or 18650 batteries, the Vamo either 19350's or 18650's), and a battery charger. Unless the vendor supplies them in a kit. However, I wouldn't trust ANY battery charger that is included in a kit. Best to toss the included charger completely and buy a Trustfire or Nitecore charger.

+1 on these recommendations. Any of the above will do. I went with the Vamo V3 for its eGo compatibility, power management features and sleek design. I also bought 18650 and 18350 batteries and already had the charger. Once I paired it with a ProTank 2, I was satisfied that I'd taken the right path.

The SVD and MVP are solid choices, too. Take your time. Read the forum and mull the features of the devices compared to what you're looking for. It took me weeks to make up my mind. Again, it's hard to go wrong with any of them.

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
One last thing I'll throw in. When I first played with my SVD (man, that felt weird typing...) I noticed the threads were crunchy and abrasive. A buddy of mine had given us some Noalex (sp?) and a small pea-sized amount on the tip of my finger and rubbed along the threads completely removed that. They glide like buttah now, baby. ;)

wrath186

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
Scranton, PA
Ok, did a ton of studying and comparing and finally went with the Innokin Itaste SVD. Looks like it gives the best bang for my buck. I also needed batteries so I went to RTD Vapor and purchased two AW IMR 18650 and two 18350s plus an Nitecore I4.

Can't wait for it to arrive. I'm going to pair it with my PT2 and see how that works.

DuffTime

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
May 7, 2013
United States
Ok, did a ton of studying and comparing and finally went with the Innokin Itaste SVD. Looks like it gives the best bang for my buck. I also needed batteries so I went to RTD Vapor and purchased two AW IMR 18650 and two 18350s plus an Nitecore I4.

Can't wait for it to arrive. I'm going to pair it with my PT2 and see how that works.

Attaboy. Solid choice. Quality materials, it will be sure to give you a quality vape with that battery life you were chasing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread