Making the switch to "natural" eliquids

Status
Not open for further replies.

CosmicCatalyst

Dec 31, 2013
Evansville, IN
Been vaping about 4 months now and have been juice chasing about 2. I found out I don't like fruity juices or overly sweet ones. I found out I despise the artificial sweeteners and many flavorings used. I can taste the fakeness now. I've been honing in my palette now and I'm seeking a more "pure" eliquid. I recently started to get a combo of mouth sores/ sore gum effects I've deduced to be from a mix of PG and artificial flavors/sweeteners problems. So, I put out a few orders for some organically flavored, unsweetened, 100% USP or organic VG based liquids. Hopefully after steeping I'll find a few daily vapers, and maybe satisfy my palette and oral health all in one. Has anyone made the transition to only natural/organic/pure or whatever you want to file it under?

CosmicCatalyst

Dec 31, 2013
Evansville, IN
I placed orders from VirginVapors, OrbVapor, Heathers Heavenly Vape (Purity Line), VelvetCloudVapor, and I think that's it. I ordered mostly small quantity coffee/tobacco/minty flavors, but once my vape budget gets refilled I'll be placing some larger sample packs. I really like the easy and customizable options of Orb, and I've heard great reviews of Velvets flavors.

firephly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
CA
I've found the word "natural" in the juice world akin to "organic" in the food world... it has no quantifiers, and is thus almost meaningless.

organic certification does have meaning in the world of food Agricultural Marketing Service - Home

i haven't noticed an eliquid yet that has the label that it is certified organic though.

With that said I have noticed that the organic brands do have a very clean and natural taste.
The organic vendors I've tried and liked have been Free State Vapor, Virgin Vapors, Velvet Cloud vapor, Dripeez

I'm curious to try Orb, Guilty Pleasures Organics and Vaperite

CosmicCatalyst

Dec 31, 2013
Evansville, IN
I'm not as much concerned with the eliquids being certifiably organic as much as them not including artificial flavors and a lot of artificial sweeteners. Also not containing PG unless I can rule no allergy to it soon. I'm a chef so I know the serious line from meaningless "natural" to "organic" to USDA certified organic, but its the synthetic chemicals used to imitate the scent/taste of flavors that I can easily pick up on and kind of sits wrong thinking I'm inhaling their vapors. I wouldn't eat it and I don't really want to vape it.

TCO76

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
KS
I'm not as much concerned with the eliquids being certifiably organic as much as them not including artificial flavors and a lot of artificial sweeteners. Also not containing PG unless I can rule no allergy to it soon. I'm a chef so I know the serious line from meaningless "natural" to "organic" to USDA certified organic, but its the synthetic chemicals used to imitate the scent/taste of flavors that I can easily pick up on and kind of sits wrong thinking I'm inhaling their vapors. I wouldn't eat it and I don't really want to vape it.

.......................ok.

sent from my S4 using tapatalk

firephly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
CA

Dripeez uses no sweeteners at all, and the flavors are so natural, I think you'd really like them.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I'm not as much concerned with the eliquids being certifiably organic as much as them not including artificial flavors and a lot of artificial sweeteners. .

Keep in mind that there are a limited number of flavoring companies that ejuice vendors can use. So they are all "artificial" in that sense, they are food flavorings. If you understand how flavorings are created, then you also realize that they are "artifical" because nobody is squeezing part of a banana into your juice.

I think people do not have an understanding about how flavorings are made. I know you are a chef but I will just put the encapsulated version anyway: "the first step in producing an artificial flavor is to isolate it from a naturally occurring substance. You can boil out the crucial chemicals, or squeeze them out, or leach them out. At this point, you have a concentrated extract, or what can be referred to as "natural flavoring." You can stop there, but you can also take this substance, liquify or vaporize it, and analyze it with a chromatograph. Then, you actually take a look at the way the molecules in the compound are put together, since variations in the flavor can arise from different combinations of the same molecules. Given this intense chemical analysis, a chemist worth his NaCl can then pretty much reproduce the compound in question artificially."

Also keep in mind in your pursuit of *organic* that in vaping, that is not always better, because in the lab they can take naturally occuring stuff like diacetyls OUT. Some organics have naturallly occuring things in them that you can only take out in a lab.

I have no problem with lab made flavorings. But I eat mostly organic FOOD. :)

All flavorings in a sense are artificial. Do you see?

I would just find some high VG juice that you like and not go too crazy because only chemists really know this stuff.

Dripeeze is really good. YOu might also talk to Ahlusions, they make some of their own flavorings so know more about what is in their juice. There are problaby others but this whole idea of flavorings tasting fake, I can pretty much assure you that I could find you a lab made flavor, and one extracted (still done in a lab!) and you would not tell the difference.

I think what you ARE talking about is juice mixers who use flavorings in a way that don't work well, so they taste bad. Believe me, I've vaped plenty of that myself. :lol:

I think what you are looking for that you find with "fresh food" you are never going to find with a food flavoring. You know?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread