Mini Vivi Nova Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

soulstar

Sep 14, 2012
Norcal
I've tried searching much as I can but I can't seem to find an answer to this.

I'm fairly convinced that my Mini Vivi Nova is leaking; slightly. I got mine from gotvapes whom I hear are selling legit Vivi Novas. On my 4th day using Mini Vivi Nova.

I've noticed this thing consumes juice much faster than my Kanger T2. This may be normal, or not. Couldn't find an answer to this either.

What convinces me the most is that sometimes, when I touch the plastic tank, the outside of it seems a bit 'greasy'. As of there is a very slight coating of juice that leaked over. I thought it was perhaps I was clumsy in filling the tank so I made sure to fill correctly, tighten correctly and all other things. My biggest evidence is that at work, I had a clean sheet of paper that I had rested my Twist/Nova setup lying on it's side on. An hour or so later, I noticed that there were stain marks on the paper. So it's leaking somewhere, I just can't find where. Tried tightening very securely and that didn't seem to help.

Any ideas?

Fred Rogers

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Las Vegas
I have 3 mini novas and I have found the same thing.

What I think was happing is then when I twist off the top cap to refill with juice, the bottom cap is getting slightly un-done.

Now after I refill, I check the bottom cap as well to make sure it is snug. (but do not over do it)

This has solved the issue for me.

-=fred=-

soulstar

Sep 14, 2012
Norcal
I have 3 mini novas and I have found the same thing.

What I think was happing is then when I twist off the top cap to refill with juice, the bottom cap is getting slightly un-done.

Now after I refill, I check the bottom cap as well to make sure it is snug. (but do not over do it)

This has solved the issue for me.

-=fred=-

Thanks. I'm wary about tightening too much but I'll try to tighten both caps a bit more than I normally do to see if it makes a difference.

-VapoHolic-

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2012
NJ, USA
Happens to me from time to time, as someone else has said its the threads on the top cap. The tank itself isn't leaking, juice just gets caught up when tilted down in the metal part of the cap, once you take off the cap juice slowly trickles on to the female thread portion, once you screw the cap back on the juice gets squeezed out by the threads and leads to the slight runoff juice you see on the outside of the tank around the cap line. Its nothing to worry about just wipe off any excess juice with a towel and vape on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread