**Mister-E-Liquid Contest Thread!!**!

Status
Not open for further replies.

danbob987

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Welcome, welcome to another Contest from Mister-e-liquid.com! We strive to bring you top quality, great tasting e-liquid and today we're giving you a chance to win some!

Our first winner will receive 4x 18ml bottles of our handcrafted juice!

Our second and third winners will receive 4x 6ml bottles!

You pick the flavors, nic strength and pg/vg ratio.

How to Enter: Please Read Carefully!

You have 3 posts and 3 chances to win! Remember, each of your posts should be NUMBERED and separate. This thread is for contest entries only! Ideally, each post should be an entry. For all things Mister-E check out our Take a Break and Vape thread :D

Post #1 Tell us how you got started vaping, and what you chose for your first PV. How did you discover e-cigs? Did you research before your first purchase or did you dive right in? We want to know.

Post #2 Post a picture of your favorite set up. Let's see what you're vaping on!

Post #3 As a bonus entry you can post a review on ECF for any of our products. Just post a link to your review here in this thread.

Winners will be chosen using random.org. Contest ends in 2 weeks on Monday 9/24 Winners will be posted in this thread within 24 hours of contest end!

Good luck and Happy Vaping!

*Mister-E Team*

Don't forget to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!

Loveridden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
Schaumburg, IL
Thanks for the contest!!! I love Mister-E Liquid!! :)

I knew my aunt was using e-cigs and I was curious to try them, I did do a little online research and decided to order from Smoketip. Smoketip actually wasn't that bad, I could have done a lot worse as I read in other newbie threads lol. My first love was their prefilled menthol cartos, it was a sweet menthol and I liked it a lot!!

I have been smoking on and off, mostly on, since I was a teenager and after being quit for about 9 or 10 months and having easy access to smokes again, started to smoke a little here and there. I knew I was on my way back to full fledge smoking again so that's when I decided to try the electronic cigarette. Now over a year later I am very glad I did!!!

daniele25

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
phoenix
Thanks for the contest...great idea!!

#1 - I started vaping about 7 months ago...and it was basically the only thing i had not tried to quit smoking. My first device was a gas station e-cig, brand was Jasper & Jasper. It was "ok", it had a jewel tip...which I liked! It helped me cut back, but not cut out smoking altogether. It did make realize there was potential though. So from there I went online and did some research. At that time, i definitely wanted a cig-a-like device..and I wanted the option to try other flavors. I did searches like "best electronic cigarette" and kept coming across these Top 10 lists....most of which listed Blu, GreenSmoke, ProSmoke, etc. I ended up going with ProSmoke. I liked how it worked...but the prefilled cartridges did not provide enough flavor for me. I started doing more research on the whole topic...and found a youtube video on how to actually refill those cartridges with your own juice...that opened up a whole new world to me. Before I bought online....I went to a local smoke shop to see if they had "smoke juice", which they did. They had a few flavors of some random brand...of which I bought a tiny bottle of Chocolate. I realized quickly that it was FAR better than the pre-filled. I had the feeling I was getting very close to cutting out the analogs for good!

From there...I found ECF!! The day it all changed! I found some juice reviews, placed an order for a couple juices that were highly recommended, and then day that juice order arrived was the last time I had a cigarette! (I obviously quickly switched equipment after that as well after spending even more time on the forum!)

somejerk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2012
Utah
number one.

I began vaping about a year ago (a couple of months after I got pregnant) . My first PV :facepalm: was a 21st century from the gas station. After that we got blu's, those were even WORSE. Then I got a little Yeti-c. A couple years previously my friend had an ecig that refilled with juice. I bugged my partner about getting something that used juice, so we finally got a 700? MAH from volcano with some tank atomizers. Now I'm vaping an ego c-twist with a vivi. Planning on getting a mod (maybe a provari?) soon it's been quite the journey :)
I feel SO much better. I can breathe when I walk up a flight of stairs now. It's nice.

Last edited:

briponi

Aug 7, 2012
California

I started vaping just over a month ago. Currently I'm using just 808 batteries from V2. I have started using CE2 clearomizers and that's really the only extra I've been buying. I really like my V2 and it's working great. I spent hours researching e-cig starter kits and they were consistently in top reviews and I haven't had any problems. I have a lot of people that are curious about my e-cig. So far I've been able to "preach the gospel" to one of my supervisors and friend at work. My favorite part about vaping is finally being free of smelling like smoke! My biggest surprise is being more interested in unique flavors (like Grey Matter) than regular tobacco vapes - who says I can't get a nice TH from something other than tobacco? Thanks for all that you do!

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
Thanks for running this contest!

#1:

I had been smoking 15 years a pack a day Marlboro Reds. I started to develop physical symptoms due to my addiction. Foremost among them, my heart would race and give me great difficulty going to sleep. A year before I decided to quit I did a lot of running and strength training to combat this problem, but it was no use. I knew it was not lack of physical activity, it was the tobacco. Now I go to bed and my problem is all gone. I decided to quit, not only due to health reasons, but because my grandfather died of complications from Emphysema. My best friend and my uncle both died of lung cancer too, all within a relatively short period of time. Now I have to carry on and live a life that would make them all proud. My mission in life is to save as many other people's loved ones so their families don't have to go through what I did.

I read about ecigs in an article some years back when they were brand new. They were like $300 back then for what you could get for $20 today. On top of that I saw a movie with Johnny Depp vaping in it (The Tourist) and I decided at that time to make the change. I tried my first vape at a mall kiosk (which was a total ripoff. I think they wanted $150 for a cig-a-like), and then later on bought a disposable for proof of concept. I did over a month of research before I started with my first E-Cig, the KGO. I still use it as a backup, and in fact I am using it right now since I left my Twist at my friend's house. :( Good thing he's not a vaper. I probably would have noticed before I got home if a certain somebody would let me vape in the car with her... :)

Last edited:

Mare1077

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
Miami, FL
1. Originally I started vaping back in August 2010. Someone mentioned that they had seen something about e-cigs and then they left it at that. I had been trying to quit for years, and nothing had worked. I started looking around online and watching youtube videos on ecigs and reviews and found this forum. All I knew was that I wanted a cig-a-like. I wanted to look and feel similar to a cigarette. I loved watching Grimm Green videos and he did a review on V9 Nebula (KR808) and decided that I was going to go with that kit.

As soon as I got the kit, I put down cigarettes and didn't think I would ever smoke again! I was in love with vaping! It was about a month before I started looking into mods. I was out of work and pretty broke, so I ended up getting an Aloha Mod (it was a flashlight mod) from Ivape.net. When I started vaping at 6 volts and dripping, I was in heaven. Then the UNTHINKABLE happened. My Aloha quit on me!!!! I tried going back to the 808 and cartos, but I couldn't stand the taste of filler cartos anymore - they tasted like I was smoking pillows - even when they were first filled. That combined with the reduced voltage and stress led me back to cigarettes. I then smoked for 2 more years.

Then, in May of this year, I pulled out some of my old stuff (I had bought a RIVA right about the time I went back to cigs.) I started vaping again and did so in conjunction with smoking for the first few weeks. On June 1, 2012 I put down my cigarettes and haven't looked back. I am vaping full time now and haven't touched a cig in over 100 days!

frosting

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2011
Connecticut
#1 Post #1 Tell us how you got started vaping, and what you chose for your first PV. How did you discover e-cigs? Did you research before your first purchase or did you dive right in? We want to know.

Well I had heard about it for some time but was always under the impression they where really expensive "200$ just for one electronic cigarette" so I didn't get into it. Then came a point I had to quit. I got more serious about finding information. I found vapor talk forums. They led me to get an eGo and it helped me a lot. ECF helped tremendously though learning curves. I researched LIKE CRAZY. However, when it comes to anything I find actually important I am a pretty "studious" sort of person. I love to learn, when it involves money I think of it as my responsibility to learn as much as possible. Being a heavier smoker, after all I had learned the eGo direction was what made sense for me.

After getting my eGo and figuring it all out it was great. I quit smoking within 2 days of it. I was ready to make the switch. Mister E's liquid helped me a lot that first week as you guys were the first vendor I ever used for juice! hehe... After that initial purchase I was pretty much hooked on MEL. Fell in love with a lot of flavors.

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
#2:
The PV, the myth, the legend. Old Trusty. This is the PV that allowed me to quit smoking and you can see by the worn-out brass on it, it's been down a lot of roads with me. Both of them are still running strong.

View attachment 133792

In case you are wondering what's in the carto, I got a bottle of clove juice today and I like to try new juice in a cartomizer before I commit a clearomizer to it. I'm REALLY enjoying it. By the way, that Boge LR (2.0ohm) cartomizer pictured above has been cleaned dozens of times (note the white ring around the top, it also runs down the side seam (not shown), and is literally over 6 months old and also running strong. To be honest I am not really missing my Ego Twist as much as I thought I would right now, but I am SO getting it back ASAP. It's a little weird vaping the old KGO because it's so short compared to the EGO Twist. Ok I lied. I miss my Twist.

mogium

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2011
St pete florida
#1 I started vaping after a friend researched it and wanted to try we went half on a 2 battery 510 ecig kit with menthol that didn't quite work so I stopped using it went back to cigarettes, about 6 months later picked it up again when money got tight, put it back down because it just wasn't satisfying. picked it up again when the ego's came out found I liked it better and figured out I had to up the nic level though I hated the ego tanks. from there once those batteries died I went with a mod box and been there with tanks and carto's and clearo's

kbdintern

Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Fairmont, WV, USA
I started vaping in July 2011. I started out by buying the Blu. I had been smoking since I turned 18 and decided I really want to change to something better. I went from being a pack a day smoker straight to this. Granted within a month I was not happy with my Blu so I switched to Volcano's version so I could just buy bottles of juice and fill my own cartomizers. Then in September I bought my first ego kit and I haven't looked back since. I recently just celebrated my one year without analogs and bought my self a bottom feeder box mod. I have since been able to convince some friends and coworkers to make the switch as well.

kbdintern

Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Fairmont, WV, USA
kd.jpg

Here is my daily carry anymore. It's my Bogger Box bottom feeder loaded with a diy pumpkin cheesecake flavor and then my Volcano Inferno with a mega clearomizer and cone loaded with a blueberry tobacco.

nahuelarg86

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2012
Minneapolis
Tell us how you got started vaping, and what you chose for your first PV. How did you discover e-cigs? Did you research before your first purchase or did you dive right in? We want to know.

One day (I think a month ago or so), on a road trip I stopped at a gas station to buy cigarettes. I saw on the counter these cigarette-like things called N-Joy. My wife (who wants me to quit so bad) also noticed them and pointed them out. Back in the car, we were discussing that maybe they would be a good way to quit the real cigarettes, and since the ones that I saw were disposables I suggested that I may buy one to give it a try. We stopped at another gas station and I bought an Onejoy (disposable version of Njoy). For my surprise, the ecig tasted good, and could feel some kind of satisfaction. So, I thought that I might have found a solution to quit, since nicotine gum didn't work on the past.
After some days of thinking about it I decided to get more involved into this ecig world. Then I found this website and did TONS of research. I'm one of those persons that will research the heck out of something before doing anything. After 1 or 2 weeks of constant every day reading, and some advices from some members here I placed an order with Smokeless Image, to get a Volt starter kit.
To begin with, I wasn't a heavy smoker. I bean smoking when I was 20 years old, and right know I'm 25 almost 26. There was a period of time I smoked 15 or 20 cigarettes a day, but before my immersion into ecigs, I was smoking 1 cigarette a day, and maybe 5 or 6 on weekends. Right now, I cannot be more satisfied with the ecigs! I have some bateries, and cartos, and some juice collection from some contests I won. I couldn't be happier with this ecig world. I probably still or will smoke 1 or 2 real cigarettes on weekends, but that will end soon since I'm tasting the real ones very bad compared to the flavors I get with the ecigs.
Thanks everybody here that gave me that little push into the ecig community!! :vapor:

charmed412

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2010
constant state of confusion
1. I started vaping in October of 2010. My daughter was due with a baby in Nov. and being the daycare provider I had nightmares about leaving my incredibly creative 2 year old grandson in the house with a newborn when I went out to smoke. Due to an extremely limited income, I researched and stumbled into ECF. After spending I don't know how many days here reading and trying to digest it all, I made a post asking for direction. I got lots of answers and lots of posts. My first PVs were Egos that were sent to me by some wonderful people here. I also had attys, and cartridges, cartos, juice....and even blue foam :blink: show up to set me up. I slowly worked my way up and became a mod *insert word here* and a juice junkie. I tried lots of things and and still struggled. With Chemo everything made me sick except banana flavors. I put up with leaky tanks and clearos, mods that didn't satisfy me, and juice that was not even remotely vapable. But I have finally settled into what works best for me....provaris, Silver Bullets, and lava tanks. But I still struggle at times....I will admit that. When I can afford my seizure meds, they make me so sick that sometimes I have to smoke an analog for the nausea so I don't throw up those expensive and necessary medications. But I am working on that. And my vapey friends and family don't look at me with disgust when I do it because they understand.

It has been a long journey but I wouldn't have changed a thing. Finding support in the ECF community and VapeTV and the vaping twitterverse, I made lifelong friends, like Dan and Dave....and Josh :p and the love of my life, SirOgre. I see so many new vapers jumping right to the end so fast. Slow down, try new things. Vaping is a journey, not a destination. While I am quite happy with what I have now, I wouldn't trade those blue foam days for anything!

Agorizer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
In the Market
Just passed my 1 year anniversary smoke free. I had been dabbling in e-cig research online for a few months before deciding to "buy and try" a disposable locally. Like many others, I found it to have potential, even if the njoy type and the subsequent blu weren't totally satisfying. More research, including finding ECF! Then FINALLY dove in with a 510 starter kit from an online vendor that happened to be close by. Amazing--it worked! But the atomizer/cartridge setup was quickly set aside for the convenience of the boge carto. I had a bad run of luck with my original 510 batts, and although my vendor tried to make it right, it didn't take long to realize that MORE POWER was needed. Got my 1st ego batt and a cone for looks--there was no turning back. After only a few weeks and a few "test smokes" of my former habit, I knew that I was in fact, a Vaper! :vapor:

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
#3:
The Vivi Nova clearomizer is the best CE style clearomizer tank system on the market. It is very easy and inexpensive to maintain. Although the stock version is not the best looking clearomizer on the market (when compared to the mini tanks the EGO has to offer such as the Stardust Ego Vision Clearomizer, or the E1-V) for a full sized tank clearomizer it is the best there is. It is the standard by which all clearomizers are judged. The flavor is top notch. The top is compatible with most 510 drip tips too which lends a certain level of customization and can improve the looks. Lastly, it's relatively eco-friendly since you don't throw it away when the coil dies, you just get another atomizer head on there.

The only drawbacks are what I consider a less than beautiful appearance, the fact that sometimes the clear polytube can become damaged by certain juices (especially those of the citrus or absinth variety which can turn the clear polytube opaque(YMMV)), and lastly the fact that you are screwing metal onto plastic threads (which can be detrimental to the longevity of the tube if you cross-thread).

Unlike any other tank on the market (clearomizer, or carto tank) that I know of the Vivi Nova can be fitted with a metal replacement tube, which lends a splash of color, and essentially makes it the "Forever Clearomizer™". It also effectively solves all of the aforementioned drawbacks. For the price the Vivi Nova simply cannot be beat.

XIVChrissyVIX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2012
Wyoming

I wanted to quit smoking, I had tried...and tried again...and again....and yet again. I was filling up the car with fuel at the local Maverick and they had a sign for a disposable e-cigarette from Nicotek Metro. I figured, why not? So I went and bought one. It wasn't terrible, but I still smoked my regular cigs. So I figured, maybe the disposables aren't that great, I need a real set up. I did minimal research and found that Nicotek Metro offered a rechargeable set for $20! So I bought that. I was officially off of cigarettes. It didn't take long for me to figure out the metros weren't going to cut it as a final answer to my cigarette addiction, so I began my real research. I still needed that cigarette look as a new vaper, so I invested in the VaporKing from Vapor4Life (KR808d-1 manuals) so I could fill my own juices. Yes! I found it! Of course, as we all know and have been through, the experimentation must continue. This is where my love affair with ECF came into play. After my entry into the forum, I ended up purchasing a couple of EGOs (KR808d-1) for extended battery life for my busy lifestyle. Throw in some work with clearomizers and tanks and I nearly had it figured out. Then began the search for juices.....and MEL got me! Every juice....every single juice....delicious! Recently I won my VV Box Mod (The Detonator) from MEL, which has opened up a whole new world of vaping....Varivolt and a 510. Whoa....look at the clouds of vapor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread