Not open for further replies.

BWhare

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2012
Indiana
Post #1

I'd been promising myself for years to stop smoking. Actually, I'd been doing that ever since the last time I started, over thirty five years ago. I'd been looking at e-cigarettes ever since I first became aware of them but initially they were either far too expensive or obviously too limited to be bothered with. This year, it looked as though things in the industry were finally settling down and at last there were options that fit both my needs and my wallet. Not wanting to dig a financial hole I'd never be able to justify, I opted for an 808 kit that included two batteries and a passthrough, ten cartos and everything else necessary to give it a shot. My thinking was, if the batteries didn't live up to my needs, I'd be able to fall back on the tethered stick.

Two days after my kit arrived, I had my last cancer stick and two months later, my batteries aren't quite living up to their previous daily expectations which is fine with me. I've had two months of success, lots of time for in-depth research, the batteries actually lasted longer than I'd thought they would and the passthrough is still doing exactly what I'd planned on it doing. As I slowly bid farewell to two thirds of my original kit, something new and well researched is in the wings and now the postal stalking begins anew.

BWhare

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2012
Indiana
Post #2

My Three Blind Mice - Winken, Blinken, and Nod

KR808D.jpg

danimal40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
Boston
#1 I started vaping 5 months ago with my wife.. I smoked a cigar or 2 a day she smoked a pack of Mar red a day.. we were walking thru the local fleamarket and went past a booth selling ecigs... they had sample juices and pv's to try. We bought 2 kits of ego t's went home and started surfing the net. Found ECF reserched, bought ce4's and have been hooked ever since. We both havent smoked since.. still use my ego tho I did get the twist... Thanks for the contest

DreamingButterfly81

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2012
Muncie, Indiana
#1 I saw the commercials on TV for the ecig. I thought it was a joke, lol. But my daughter (who was five at the time) would tell me every time I lit up that I need to try "that eeeeeeeeelectronic cigarette". I refuse to buy into any of that tv commercial stuff, and being so skeptical it wasn't hard to dismiss the concept. I'd tried everything else, why would this work? A few months later, me and my daughter went to the mall, and stumbled upon one of those kiosks lol. Well, I'd have kept walking, except my daughter insisted I stop and try it. So I did. I was super impressed! I thought "Wow! This could actually work!" I couldn't afford the overpriced mall set up at the time, so I made a strong mental note to save up for this! So some time passed and I didn't give it much thought, but I saved and returned to the mall for my sadly overpriced kit. Got me started tho! Over the next couple days the analogs became increasingly unattractive, and at the end of my last pack I just threw it away and realized it was completely unnecessary to buy another pack. All because my daughter insisted I try that *eeeeeeeelectronic cigarette* lol :)

DreamingButterfly81

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2012
Muncie, Indiana
#2 The pic!

I done ran out of punched cartos so sadly this set up is not in action atm, but its my fave thus far! :) currently I'm using Stardusts on my twists or kgos lol

Oh, and coffee is a "must" part of pretty much everything I do lol

Attachments

• IMG_20120810_200705.jpg
    IMG_20120810_200705.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 36

Raynen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
CT
gamingraynen.blogspot.com
1] A friend of mine owned a 510, but we both didn't have a clue how vast the e-cigarette information is. Having not heard "510" as an e-cigarette type (I had only heard of smoke 51, green smoke, etc), I was a lot more willing to purchase a mall kiosk 510 once I tried it. Ironically she didn't last on the e-cig but I was instantly in love and began doing research, which led me to ECF.

Last edited:

jula

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
# 1 MY HUBBY'S SISTERS STARTED VAPING SO I THOUGHT I WOULD GIVE IT A TRY I SMOKE FOR 16 YEARS,
STARTED OUT WITH THE BLU AND THEN WENT TO THE EGO..
I HAVE NOT HAD A CIGARETTE IN OVER A YEAR THANKS TO MY SISTERS;)
AND IF I WANT TO KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT VAPING I JUST ASK THEM:laugh:
Thanks for the contest...

frosting

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2011
Connecticut

Thornie

Sep 2, 2012
High Desert, So. Cali
[/Post #1 Tell us how you got started vaping, and what you chose for your first PV. How did you discover e-cigs? Did you research before your first purchase or did you dive right in? We want to know.]

Post 1

I dove right in, which was a huge mistake and cost me almost $100 and 2 years of continued analog smoking. My first starter kit was some no name made in China thing that cost about $35. It seemed to work okay but the draw was like sucking on a blocked straw and the flavor was nothing to write home about, but the big issue came when I tried to find carto's for it. It didn't even have a model number. The next month I got an 808 starter kit for right around $50. I liked the supplier, she was super nice and even tried to help me identify my cheapo so I could use it as a backup. I was specifically seeking clove juice, and she had it. I vaped for a couple of months but never fully transitioned off of analogs. Next thing I knew, she had chemist problems... no juices available... too much crazy spam and misinformation all over the internet. I gave up. 2 weeks ago I decided to give it another go. Found ECF, and began doing some research. I'm still not fully analog free, but I'm down from 2-1/2 packs a day to under 1/2 pack a day. my little old 808's are dying fast, but my new PV has already shipped. I'm so excited!! Thanks for the contest!

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
(I asked the OP if I could repost since I couldn't edit my other post and put my picture back in after I deleted my attachments like an idiot. He said go for it.)

The PV, the myth, the legend. Old Trusty. This is the PV that allowed me to quit smoking and you can see by the worn-out brass on it, it's been down a lot of roads with me. Both of them are still running strong.

IMG_20120910_223942.jpg
R.I.P. Trusty. (Feb 2012 - September 2012) You will be missed (until I resurrect you).

In case you are wondering what's in the carto, I got a bottle of clove juice recently and I like to try new juice in a cartomizer before I commit a clearomizer to it. I'm REALLY enjoying it. By the way, that Boge LR (2.0ohm) cartomizer pictured above has been cleaned dozens of times (note the white ring around the top, it also runs down the side seam (not shown), and is literally over 6 months old and also running strong. To be honest I am not really missing my Ego Twist as much as I thought I would right now, but I am SO getting it back ASAP. It's a little weird vaping the old KGO because it's so short compared to the EGO Twist. Ok I lied. I miss my Twist.

Update:
That night I killed Old Trusty while cleaning him with a paper clip (his real name was Zeke K. Go) leaving me with only one battery (Jake K. Go) (TRAGEDY!). I since took him apart and I know how to fix it I just haven't had a chance yet to get the tools I need to do it. I will be posting how to avoid my mistake as well as how to fix EGO style batteries on my blog once I get it done (with pics). So Old Trusty is dead. :( I definitely have to get my Twist back with a quickness.

Bookworm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
USA
#1. I discovered e-cigs when they started showing up in gas stations. I bought a mistic e-cig for under ten bucks just to try it out. As soon as I realized it could work, I got online to research the options. I started with the joye 510, and used that exclusively for 2 months. Then I upgraded to a couple ego batts.

Thanks for the contest, and good luck to all!

Hillbillie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
Texas
Post #1 Tell us how you got started vaping, and what you chose for your first PV. How did you discover e-cigs? Did you research before your first purchase or did you dive right in? We want to know.

I had been thinking about trying the ecig for a while, so finally I decided to begin some research on them. After almost 3 weeks of searching, researching, and lurking here in ECF I went out and purchased a Joyetech eGo-T 650 mAH starter kit (though I walked in asking for the twist, I was told this was a better starter). It was love at first vape! With a week, my husband went back and upgraded to the eGo-T 900 mAH....then again for the eGo-C Twist 1000 mAH.

Hillbillie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
Texas
Post #2 Post a picture of your favorite set up. Let's see what you're vaping on!

This is DukeBlue's set-up, but it's identical to mine (haven't learned how to upload from the iPad yet...but I know how to link!)

Chrome ProVari with Penelope - my fave because it give great, consistent, flavorful, and full vape...each and every time!

ChromeProvariandGGPenelope-1.jpg

AEW830

ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2012
Loganville, GA, USA
My first vaping experience was in May of this year when my son gave me V2s and an EgoT, DCT tanks and juices for Mother's Day. A wonderful present! He gave me a VV mod a few weeks later, and I liked it so much I bought a backup just like it.
I was hooked from the first vape and am thoroughly enjoying this new hobby and the health benefits of not smoking. Since joining ECF, I have spent a lot of time here soaking up the info, exploring all the vendor cites and then ordering some amazing juices. Thank you, Bryan, for introducing me to vaping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread