More addicted???

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotoriousJDP

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Springfield, IL, USA
I think I have become MORE addicted to nicotine now that I vape instead of smoke. I smoked a pack of Newport 100's a day. Sometimes I could go 3 hours or so without having a craving. Ever since I started vaping I just can't seem to put my PV down. I vape 24/mg juice. I seem to constantly be sucking on my PV. I don't really have what I'd call cravings or nicotine fits, but feel like I might be more addicted to my PV than I ever was to analogs. Is this just me or does anyone else feel like this. Any suggestions on how to cut down the vaping? (Not that its such a bad thing)

yerdreamsrequiem

ECF Veteran
May 5, 2013
Wellington, KS, USA
I think I have become MORE addicted to nicotine now that I vape instead of smoke. I smoked a pack of Newport 100's a day. Sometimes I could go 3 hours or so without having a craving. Ever since I started vaping I just can't seem to put my PV down. I vape 24/mg juice. I seem to constantly be sucking on my PV. I don't really have what I'd call cravings or nicotine fits, but feel like I might be more addicted to my PV than I ever was to analogs. Is this just me or does anyone else feel like this. Any suggestions on how to cut down the vaping? (Not that its such a bad thing)

I started the same way. Eventually, you'll naturally wean yourself back down without even trying. Just listen to your body.

ennagizer

ECF Veteran
May 18, 2013
South Florida, USA
I started the same way. Eventually, you'll naturally wean yourself back down without even trying. Just listen to your body.

Ditto.

I felt I was vaping more than smoking also, but was aware of it and now I don't vape as much as I did the first couple weeks. This morning was a big milestone for me as I didn't have a vape until after my morning coffee. I never do that.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Here is something I posted awhile back.

zoiDman said:
Not a Debate or an Opinion. Just something that Happened to me Related to Teaching and School.

-----

I teach at a college and Many of my students know that I am a former Smoker who now uses e-Cigarettes. I had a student two semesters ago ask if he could vape During class? I told him No.

He was polite but wanted to know what the reason was. I told him that our College has a No e-Cigarette use policy on campus Policy (Parking Lots and Cars is Fine) so it really wasn’t my decision to make.

I asked him if he could get through a Two Hour class without taking a hit of his e-Cigarette? He said “Yeah, But I think about it All the Time.” I asked him if he had his PV with him right now and he pulled out an eGo from his Shirt Pocket.

I told him that Maybe he wouldn’t think about it so much if he Didn’t carry his PV to class? I asked him try something. To leave his PV in his car when he came to my class and see if it helped. He kinda looked at me funny but said he would try it.

I never said anything else to him about it but for the next couple of weeks every time I would come into class I would look at him and Wink while I pointed at my Shirt Pocket. I think the rest of the class though I was Crazy.

On the day of the Mid-Term, the student said he wanted to talk with me after class. After all the exams were turned in he told me that he had been leaving his PV in his car when he was on campus. He said that he wasn’t constantly thinking about taking a Hit or Stealth Vaping much anymore. And that he could concentrate more not only on my class but All his classes. I told him that was Great because he was somewhat struggling with the course material in my class. (Some people just have a hard time with Math.)

He also said that he was starting to leave his PV in his car when he went to the Mall, to Movies and to Restaurants.

I didn’t talk much with him for the rest of the semester. When I did it was always about some Math Concepts.

About the last week of classes I was getting out of my car when I saw a Student running towards me waving their arms a shouting something. Trust me. A student Waving their Arms and Shouting is Seldom a Good Thing. But it was my student and he had this Big ....ty Grin on his face.

He told me that two days ago he got to campus and realized that he had left his PV at home. He said that he was going to drive home after his Chem class to get it. But after class he had gone to the Library to study Math and it was about a Hour into his studying until he realized that he still didn’t have his PV. He decided just to stay on campus and study Instead of going home for the PV. That this was the first time in a Year of vaping that he had Not Freaked Out or Rushed home to get his PV.

He went on to say that he didn’t Stealth Vape anymore and if he was busy doing something, that he could go for Hours before he “Needed” to take a Hit. He was so Animated and kept wanting to shake my hand.

He ended up getting a “C” in the class. But when I saw him the following semester he said he wanted a “B” but was OK with the Grade because he learned something Very Important. And it didn’t have Anything to do with Math.

---

What I learned was that by carrying around my PV All The Time that I would think about vaping All the Time.

Try taking some hits and then put your PV down across the Room.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
That's really good advice. I need to remember that!

What I found when I first started Vaping was that I could vape in places I would never have smoked. Like inside at my Desk.

But the problem was that now there was Less Limits. When I smoked, I would always go Outside. Now I could just sit and Vape for Hours on end. But this lead to me Vaping for Hours on End.

Maybe if Vaping Cost the Same as Smoking. And was Less Expectable, many people would Vape more like they Smoked.

Because Most of Vaping is a Mental Addiction verses a Physical Addiction to all the Chemicals they put into Analogs.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Back off the favorite flavors a bit - Pick something that is just Okay and vape that now and then. You will naturally slow down. Also try working on cutting the Nic down in 1/2 steps.

45yrs here and nothing worked for me for more than a few days. Marlboro 1.5pk day

9 months and I'm down to a split of 12mg and 6mg. Hoping to be all 6mg within 30 days. -0- by years end.

I have already found I can Vape some favorites with no nic and still enjoy them. Also Sleep better after a few hours of No nic.

Benjaimin

May 23, 2013
Mesa, Arizona
I keep getting forced to reduce the nicotine in the vape.. I have been doing it for a month and a halfish, I am down to 12mg... I started out with 24mg, but I got sick after a couple days, then I went to 18, that lasted about 3 weeks... then on to 12mg.. now I am starting to get that feeling again.. I am thinking maybe in a month or so, I wont be on nicotine at all...

Insurgence

May 26, 2013
USA

I've been lurking on these forums for a few weeks now, and I finally had to register to say: I feel like I'm reading my own words.
Pack of Newport 100s a day, went to 24 mg juice, I never put it down when I'm home.

I only kicked analogs 2 weeks ago, but my intention was and has been to gradually cut down on nicotine and maybe quit eventually all together. I'm not so worried right now because I'm still euphoric that I'm not a true smoker anymore. I'd been smoking the 'ports for about 12 years and only in the last few had I been wanting to quit. I tried a handful of times but never before did I think I truly could. I started young and I really thought I was going to die a smoker. Idk how long you've been on the ecig and I wish you the best with your goals, but no matter what we can still rejoice in being free from the clutches of analogs in general and Newports in particular. Those things are killer.

What I learned was that by carrying around my PV All The Time that I would think about vaping All the Time.

Try taking some hits and then put your PV down across the Room.

I really like this advice. Thanks so much for sharing! I've even noticed it to an extent, but I never put it together that way. If my PV is across the room and I'm doing something, I'm often too lazy to make a special trip to get it.

Last edited:

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
I think it does take time and most all of us chain vaped when we started. I now only vape when I take breaks during the day, I never have it on me all the time nor do I use it when I am on the computer. I can run into town without it and no biggy. So in time you will be less tethered to your PV :) bnrk

SASmith

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2013
Abbotsford, B.C. Canada
I treat vaping like smoking when I'm out and about and don't do it in places where smoking isn't allowed. However I work from home so I do tend to vape a lot at home. I have quit smoking for a little over 1 month and I am hoping to cut down my nic level slowly. I will probably not ever quit vaping, but trying for less nicotine.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
I'm new to this but I already think it would be harder to quit vaping than it was to get off ciggies. I'll be glad when I get to the point where it won't bother me to forget my toot at home. Right now I am having problems with a herniated disc just from carrying around all my vaping supplies and batteries in my pocketbook. I am so scared to be without them. But hey, whatever it takes to keep me decigatized and happy.

Jivarro

Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Lake City, Florida, USA

I feel the exact same way. I carry 3 with me and I am constantly hitting one of them. Drives me crazy when I can't, like while I'm at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread