Not open for further replies.

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
^ it was Caridwen, who just over a year ago, suggested the REO to me. I got one and I have not owned any other mod since. I have bought 8 other REOs though :)

Their all I use and all I ever see myself using. I don't even have curiosity about any other mods.

Portability, durability, outstanding vape, simplicity and consistency were my demands in a mod. The REO exceeded my expectations in all categories :)

I particularly like that it's a juice feed system - no tanks / connections to leak in pocket or break if dropped. The system is truly a game changer :)

This is a larger model - the grand. Extremely portable and pocketable. Custom door (a circuit board) made by ECF member pdib :)
sy5ejupe.jpg

You have 8?

Super jealous! I'm still eyeing the blue grand I've been talking about for over a year! :D

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
You have 8?

Super jealous! I'm still eyeing the blue grand I've been talking about for over a year! :D

No, I have 5 :). I traded 2 mini 2.0's for chalices and sold 2 grands to buy different color grands.

Now I have 2 grands, 1 VV grand, 1 VV woodvil and 1 18490 woodvil that Rob redeyedancer gave me a few months back. Here they are now:
sujyma4a.jpg

You created a monster :). And I sincerely thank you for steering me this way :)

This is Binky, he's one of my favorites. :)

View attachment 274408

I love it...the more I vape I have found that I love small rigs and stealth gear as much as I love my big mods and 1300 mah spinners...and as I write this I have just put in my first order for a Provari so does that make me an "official" member of the the club? I just had to throw that picture in I recycled in from a post I made in the GoGo thread because it is really hard to tell but that mini e-Go is an Innokin "Inno" 3.7 regulated baby e-Go battery. I was trying to throw an ironic off topic twist in while staying on topic at the same time...guess I am not smart enough to do vape "cheeky" :facepalm:

Still, maybe while the other grownups are deciding which device is better maybe we can have a play date for "binky" and "baby." I have four of those mini's, they all have names and love company. Just don't mention their bigger, fancier, MVP brothers...they can get a bit sensitive since no one ever seems to remember them anymore. ;)

B1sh0p

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2013
Chicago
Has anybody figured a technical reason for why a Provari would vape differently than an MVP? Better yet, why an MVP would be vape like a light cigarette vs a non filter. I'm still trying to figure out that claim.

I know the Provari crew will come out when they see the bat signal. I wasn't dissing the Provari. I was defending the MVP. Us regulars need a voice too.

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
Has anybody figured a technical reason for why a Provari would vape differently than an MVP? Better yet, why an MVP would be vape like a light cigarette vs a non filter. I'm still trying to figure out that claim.

I know the Provari crew will come out when they see the bat signal. I wasn't dissing the Provari. I was defending the MVP. Us regulars need a voice too.

Are we talkin the MVP in VW mode or in VV mode? In VV mode, I would expect it to vape similar to a ProVari. Should give you a nice smooth DC output. There should be very little difference, except for accuracy under load. The MVP is accurate to within one tenth of a volt, which is a little less than half a watt. The ProVari is accurate to within one hundredth of a volt... That's where the big differences are going to lie... You also have to vape within the wattage limitations of the MVP. So it won't vape lower than 6 watts, or higher than 11... The ProVari can operate within the entire range of voltages from 2.9 to 6 volts with a high watt cap of 14.5 watts. So, if you're on the low or high side of the usable limits of the MVP, I can see where there would be a difference, but as long as you're operating within the limitations of the MVP, the output signal is very similar.

The MVP mods are very good devices, especially considering they only cost $40

Oh yeah... In VW mode, the MVP is a little shaky... Try it in VV and see if you notice a difference. Use Ohm's Law Calculator to figure out what voltage you should use to match up with the Wattage you have set, and the resistance measured by the device.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread