tooflyryguy

• Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Neither wait for the sig Tmax it's amazing ss box mod which is vv/vw and has rms.
:thumb: I agree with this. The Segelei Tmax should be on the market in the next 2-3 weeks. Should combine the best features of both the MVP and the Smoktech VV Gripper. It will use an 18650 imr battery. Not sure what the eventual price point will be.

segelei_Tmax.JPG

I have the Gripper and a Segelei/Ovale V8, another gripper-style box mod. I like everything about the Gripper except for its cheap body and body parts. The battery door is very fragile. The top connector on some models is wobbly. The fire button is cheap feeling. But the design and form factor is ideal. Just wish they had made it of more durable parts. I had my first one for 7 weeks when all three front buttons fell into the body. It was still under warranty, so it was exchanged for a new one. I like the 18650 battery for all day use.

The Segelei/Ovale is plastic, too, but appears to be made much stronger and better with better fitting and functioning parts. I'm not aware of any vendor currently selling these at the moment. It uses two 18350 batteries for all day use, too.

The MVP having a metal body makes it more durable to the two above mods, but I'm not a fan of the proprietary batteries. Once it has run its life, there's no way to replace it. At that price, I want my mod to last longer than an eGo battery. I would have prefered the option of a replaceable rechargable battery.

Last edited:

Lowlife

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2013
Oklahoma
I am pretty sure it is all metal. Here is a comment from VaporJoes.com - Deals on Vaping Goods

Here comes the 1st variable wattage box mod from the people at Sigelei. According to the specs this is a Zmax system in a box mod form. It looks like it comes with the standard OELD display.

This can take 2 x 18350s or 1 18650. From what I can see - its a nice design and made of all metal (not sure what the outside coating is). This is to directly compete with the Smoktech Groove.

To slow.....

Skullman

~ Membered ~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
South Sound Lahar Zone
Hi all! I'm looking at the smoktech gripper and the Itaste mvp right now... Looking for comments on both, which would you choose and why?

Hey Lowlife: You didn’t specify what Gripper but if you are speaking about the standard I have one and I like it for what it is and at the prices you can get it for! I was using mine as My Stealth Vapor Device until I received my VMOD I like the Gripper because of the recess to put your Cartomizer down into it keeping its small shape perfect for stealth! I now use it for dripping with the Phoenix & Octopus but will still use it for stealth while out and about with a different Flavor then what I’m using in the VMOD!

Skullman {:{}

Mrrickyyap

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
San Francisco, California
Vv gripper is an excellent mod if your looking for a low price vv mod that takes 18650. With a 18650 you'll be able to get like 2+ days of vaping all day. It's really stealth. My only complaint is that it is made kinda cheap. But hey for 50 ish bucks, it's way worth it. Now I just use it to read the ohms on a freshly built rba before it goes on my mech mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread