my first build

Status
Not open for further replies.

justinlm24

Apr 13, 2015
ohio
Just finished up my first build using 24 Guage kanthal with 9 wraps. It's a dual coil build that came out to .49 ohms. It's not the best looking build but for my first attempt I guess it's not too shabby. It was built on my mutation x v4. 40-45w was about as high as I could go before it got too hot for my liking. just wanted to share it.
20150523_170440.jpg

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
Just finished up my first build using 24 Guage kanthal with 9 wraps. It's a dual coil build that came out to .49 ohms. It's not the best looking build but for my first attempt I guess it's not too shabby. It was built on my mutation x v4. 40-45w was about as high as I could go before it got too hot for my liking. just wanted to share it. View attachment 458904
Pretty snazzy looking build there. How's the flavor on it?

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
The flavor isn't too bad. Definitely different than using my tanks. I did get an awful dry hit. Rookie mistake I suppose. Lol not used to having to drip.
It's definitely a different experience. I don't have a dripper atm, but I did a few builds on my buddy's tugboat for him. The flavors are... different in drippers, at least for me. I taste more, especially the little hints of flavors and the aftertastes. Dry hits are worse On a dripper lol.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Just finished up my first build using 24 Guage kanthal with 9 wraps. It's a dual coil build that came out to .49 ohms. It's not the best looking build but for my first attempt I guess it's not too shabby. It was built on my mutation x v4. 40-45w was about as high as I could go before it got too hot for my liking. just wanted to share it. View attachment 458904

Looks Pretty Damn Good to me.

BTW - Style Points for Perfect Coils and Completely Symmetric Wicks is Cool. Not Smoking because you are using an e-Cigarette is Priceless.

Reactions: justinlm24

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
That looks great :thumb: not saying anything against it, again great job! But I just picked up a coil jig a few weeks ago, after doing it by hand forever, I'll never go back! Makes it a lot quicker and easier. Worth looking into, just my opinion.

^^^^^
Me too. Got a coil jig thing a few weeks ago, and whenever I need to wrap a new coil in the future I at least have a tool; only had to wrap once so far. Kinda like buying screwdriver instead of trying to use a penknife.

Wheats

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
Union NJ
Looks good for sure. Only thing I can see is you might want to put some shoulders on your wicks so they dont collapse and develop hot spots. The coil is nice though.

Hey VHRB2014,

I have the collapse problem. How do you I prevent that? shoulders? I am using the Koh Gen Do pads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
The ebay "Monkycabletech" JOC that I use is so efficient I have to use just a little more then I think I would need, because if I don`t it will over saturate, collapse and then spits or leaks depending on what its going in.

And Iv found shoulders help with gravity`s natural pull on the wick which will help it collapse, and pull it away from the coil after a little while if its not just the right density. Fluff it up and build up a slight camel hump right before the coil, this also gives it a reserve if you are hitting it hard.
L1050871.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread