My first vaping story

Status
Not open for further replies.

richberstler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2013
Harrisburg (area), PA, USA
Early last week I ordered my first ever gear to get started (in my signature) and a few bottles of 'get me started' juice. The next few days since I've read too many comments/articles and watched too many videos and ordered more.

First a 6 pack sampler from mom and pop. Next a whole bunch of replacement coil heads for my tanks of a bunch of different ohms to experiment with. Then it seemed prudent to get some 510 attys & drip tips to sample juice and some other trinkets to make my setup look a little sleeker. So now I'm stoked.

Friday I get my first package, was so excited. I expected my batteries and tanks because I ordered them first, but got the coil heads instead. Then I decide to check some tracking numbers because I'm really anxious now. @%&@*##%#@ if my package of gear doesn't show on USPS website as delivered 2 HOURS AGO. So now I have to call and argue with the ornery USPS supervisor late on a Friday afternoon that they lost my stuff. A couple hours later I realize he had no intent on contacting the carrier and calling me back.

Today (Monday) I call them again. This time I get the 1st shift supervisor and she seems to know her stuff. So now I await my carrier to see if he finds the package during his route and delivers it. INSTEAD!?!?!?!.... I get my drip tips and 6 pack sampler.

PURE TORTURE lol

All these toys and juice for and not a way to get started with it. Meanwhile I continue to suck on my cancer sticks :cry:

What a bummer, but hopefully it only gets better. A heck of a way to get started so I felt the need to share.

Amberina

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
Just wait.... it will all come together eventually. I know it is torture to have to wait but it is WELL worth it! it is so frustrating too deal with incompetent mail carriers. I had the same thing happen with a package. It said 'delivered' several hours before, but it never made it to my house! I went to all of the neighbors to see if they got it by mistake. No luck. I finally found out that a lot of deliver people will mark the packages as delivered so their performance times are better! Then they deliver them when they get around to it. Sometimes it's within an hour sometimes its off by a day!
Hope everything gets to you safely and SOON!!

Good Luck!!

IMZed

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2013
Hamilton, OH, USA
I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience with USPS! I've had some pretty bad dealings with them on the local level, too. I'd thought things had gotten better, but now they seem to be slacking off again. I guess with personnel cutbacks and vacations they must be short handed. My latest experience was just the opposite of yours. I got 2 deliveries in 2 days from different parts of the country (MN, CA) and both of them still showed at their places of origin when I received them! I would agree with the have patience philosophy, but I think it might also be a good idea to contact the vendor and let them know that you have not gotten your shipment even though it shows delivered. Just my :2c:!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread