My Own Personal Experience To Help New Vapers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I didn't really know where to put this being this covers a lot of everything. But I wanted to help anyone new with vaping.

So I LOVE the forums and there is an abundant amount of info here...but I didn't see anything that kinda covered everything at once for peeps just starting. I've been off cigs now for almost 4 months and I couldn't be happier.

So here goes.. (mods plz move if this isn't the right area for this)

My friend turned me onto BLU. I know..I know...but I have to give credit to BLU...they got me off cigs!!

Pros:
Easily obtainable (drug stores, corner stores..etc)
Very good vapor (when I started on them...I guess they fixed this??)
The PCC case is GREAT!! I think this is their strong point!
AWESOME flavors!
Easy to carry and very discrete when in public

Cons:
batteries are only good for about 50 puffs (if that for a 2 packa day smoker like me). It's horrible to charge them every 10-15min!
Carts (even tho good vapor) last about as long as the batts. Refilling them does NOT produce the same experience.
Very expensive when you start to add up the cost of ownership.
Support staff....not friendly and almost non-existent.

So I switched to ProSmoke! I wanted the same as BLU but a better overall vaping experience.

Pros:
FAST shipping from them direct!
AWESOME customer service! Answered my emails in 1-2 hours and fixed any issues immediately!
The PCC case is great (not as good as BLU ..but great!)
Easy to carry and very discrete (when in public)
Super easy to refill the carts!
GREAT Vapor!
Batteries actually last (I clocked mine at about 100-130 puffs!)
Mini USB charger for the PCC!

Cons:
Carts (when filled) WILL leak into your mouth. You have to blow them out before use. Kinda annoying.
Carts don't hold much juice, but will last 100 or so puffs.
Their flavors aren't really that good. (use your own juice)
PCC is good, but feels flimsy. And to charge your batt, the threads don't work that well. You really have to push the batt down and screw.

***Now I still have my ProSmoke, and still like it overall for when I'm traveling***

So now I wanted more battery life, better flavors, better refill option and more overall options. I found Halo. OK WOW! I STILL love my Halos! Now I tried VOLT as well, but I didn't get the same vapor or experience from them. Same product, but Halo was much better. I didn't understand this myself...

Pros:
Outstanding customer support!! Had a couple of issues and even questions, FAST response and super fast fix!
Excellent battery life! I got about 150-180 puffs. And great colors to choose from. 65mm and 72mm are available and both are great.
Small case is great! Easy to carry and very elegant looking.
Flavors...wut?? If you tried Halo's juices you know what I mean! Love them!!
Carts are easily filled and haven't had any that leak or flow over into your mouth.
Mini-Tank options that are cheap in price and awesome!!
EXCELLENT VAPOR!!
Easy to carry and very discrete (when in public)
PCC case works great!
Easy USB charging

Cons:
PCC case only holds 2 batts, no carts and no tanks.
102mm battery does last, but is soooooooo long, it will not fit in any case they have and is kinda awkward.
NO "cig style" (like BLU or ProSmoke) PCC! To me....for such a great mini e-cig this is a HUGE con!
Mini-Tanks are disposable. You can clean them and they are cheap enough, but would be better if you could replace the atty.
All the threads are proprietary to Halo (and Volt and others). No 510's. I would love to use a Tritan batt with some ego style tanks.
Thicker then most mini e-cigs (but not that bad)

**I still LOVE my Halo cigs!! And I still do use them...more so then any other mini e-cig!**

Now from friends, I've tried Southbeach Smoke, Green Smoke, V2...on and on...and didn't care much for them. So I'll stop here being I think the above mini e-cigs are really worth writing about.

Ok....so now I found out about tanks!! Oh YAY! BUT, here's a thing I've noticed more and more. I've gone into a few local shops and when new vapers are asking "well what should I try?". They always suggest ...this tank....this eGo batt...and so on. I really do think a mini e-cig is a great starting place. Here's why. For being a smoker for so long, you do get used to the cigarette. The size, the shape and the portability. You find that in a mini e-cig. I think new vapers would have an easier time starting with that, and like me...would find the "pro" items and slowly move to those. :) Which leads me to my next journey..

I got my very first battery...The eGo-C Upgrade 1000mah (blue) (authentic...not a knock off)

Pros:
GREAT battery!!
Easy to operate
LASTS FORVER on a charge (well you know what I mean!)
Great to go to VV or Fixed when using different coils
It's a great size. It's not fat (or huge) so you can easily carry it with you.
Great matte style grip with great colors.
5 click on/off feature

Cons:
It's not free!

Now, with this next one...I won a couple of Joye eGo-C 1100mah twists (NOT authentic)

Pros:
Same design as the authentic eGo
Great colors
Good performance
GREAT battery life!
5 click on/off feature

Cons:
I swear this thing has a 4 sec cutoff. Better take quick puffs!
The voltage dial easily spins. I have to check it EVERY time I take a puff and I notice...3.8 ... 4.2...3.2...it doesn't "click" so it always moves. VERY annoying!
I should put a meter on it being I really don't think the voltage is very accurate.

Conclusion with the eGo batts. Get an authentic Joyetech!! (I'm not speaking of the Vision or Kanger..etc..I mean the eGo "kockoffs"). They aren't bad batts...but NOTHING like the true Joyetechs.

I don't have a review on this one...but I just got a Joyetech eVic!! I can't wait for it to come it!!! I'll review it once it arrives. I am SUPER excited about it!!

On to tanks...

My first tank was a Vision V3 Dual coil clearo.

Pros:
Great vapor!
Nice warm hit
Holds 1.6ml of juice
Easy to clean and change coils
Cool colors

Cons:
Built in (glued) gasket breaks causing leaks after so many refills.
Slight leaks (not that bad) at the connection to the batt
Top coil demands tilting of the clearo or it WILL give you dry hits.
After a while, it's disposable. Don't plan on keeping it for a while.

Kanger Mini-Protank

Pros:
AWESOME THICK VAPOR!!
Cool hits (although I do like warmer hits, PT 2 made me love cool hits!)
Nice mixture of air/vapor. It is an "air'y" hit, but coupled with the vapor, throat hit and flavor...makes this a non-issue (or at least for me).
Easy to change coils (and coils are cheap too!!).
Easy to rebuild a coil.
Pyrex glass tank. A+++!!
Strong and very well built.
Works with all 510/eGo threads and snugs up nice to an eGo battery.
Holds 1.6ml of juice
The hits taste "clean" and FULL of flavor.
Does not flood or leak like the Protank 2. (don't understand that one)

Cons:
Maintenance! More than what I want to do. To get the most from your PTM, every 3-4 fills, clean the coil and wick. A slight pain...
Metal will get "tarnished" with use. Just get some metal polish and looks like new!
A pain in the .... to clean. With non-removable parts, it's not so easy to get in there to clean.
Fixed drip tip (although this seems to have changed with the new Mini-Protank 2)

Kanger Protank II

Pros: (where do I start!!??)
AWESOME THICK VAPOR!!
Cool hits (although I do like warmer hits, PT 2 made me love cool hits!)
Nice mixture of air/vapor. It is an "air'y" hit, but coupled with the vapor, throat hit and flavor...makes this a non-issue (or at least for me).
VERY easy to clean and change coils (and coils are cheap too!!).
Easy to rebuild a coil.
Pyrex glass tank. A+++!!
Strong and very well built (I dropped mine and survived!!)
Replaceable drip tip.
Works with all 510/eGo threads (on an eGo batt get the beauty ring (fitting) to help keep the base firmly planted and safe).
Holds 3ml of juice
The hits taste "clean" and FULL of flavor.

Cons:
Loves to flood! After HOURS and tons of videos and comments...I found out how to fix this. Take out the 2 flavor wicks in the coil. Replace them with a single 2mm wick. Then when filling, fill it to the top of the inner tube. Screw the base on, no flooding since.
Maintenance! More than what I want to do. To get the most from your PT2, every 3-4 fills, clean the coil and wick. A slight pain...
Metal will get "tarnished" with use. Just get some metal polish and looks like new!
LOVES to leak at the connection. I have found nothing that fixes this. About every tank, make sure to clean the battery connection and blow out the coil before refilling.

Innokin iClear 30

Pros:
Holds 3ml of juice
16 wicks!! Never runs dry! Great system for a top coil
Warm hits (love warm hits)
Dual Coil
Rotating tip (I actually like it...didn't think I would)
Great vapor
Cool colors
Very easy to clean!
Easy to replace coils and cheap too!

Cons:
LOVES to flood! (I can't figure this one out. Driving me crazy!)
Leaks as much as the Protank 2 at the connection. About every tank, just make sure to clean the battery connection and blow out the coil before refilling.
Tip screws on, so you can't put it on other tanks (would be nice).
Plastic tank. Now with owning a glass tank, I wish all tanks were glass.
If parts are not secured on the device, it will leak EVERYWHERE! (lesson learned).
Tight draw. I got so used to the PT2, that this bugged me a bit. Each to their own.

iSmoka BCC Mega

Pros:
O..M...G!! (sorry...lol) Hits better then the PT2!
TONS more vapor then the PT2
Great colors
Looks soooooo sharp! Overall look is just stunning.
Nice cool hits.
NO LEAKS! Anywhere! Not at the connection, not from the tank....no where!
Does not flood (I STILL have not had it flood)
Very easy to clean
Easy to change coils (and coils are as cheap as the PT2). They are so similar to the Kanger coils. So rebuilds or maint on them is just as easy.
Tip can be changed.

Cons:
Plastic tank. Again, being used to the Protank, I wish all tanks were glass.
Drip tip stinks. Change it.
Very well built, but actually feels like you can break it very easily.

I can't think of any more! I LOVE THIS TANK!! Didn't think I would...but WOW!

Smoktech RSST RBA

Pros:
Very well built unit!
Insulated hole for your wick
Holds TONS of juice (I've actually gotten about 3.5ml in it!)
Nice design
SUPER easy to build the coil with spring loaded positive
NO LEAKS!!
Easy to adjust anyway you want it. A++!!
Full flavor, and cleanest puffs I ever experienced.
Hits like a Mac Truck!

Cons:
Hits like a Mac Truck! (Not much of a con...but holy cow! Way too much for me lol)
VERY tight draw
A pretty large unit
Building the coil takes trial and error. Watch a TON of YouTube videos and learn before attempting.
Drip tip allows SO much vaper (I know, not much of a con, but just way too much for me)

So conclusion on the RSST. I got the coil perfect! No hot spots and at 2.1ohm. The draw was very tight, so I went 1/16. (Now this is JUST me!) - I love the "airy" draw from the Protanks, so the 1/16 was pretty nice. But this thing made me choke. It's FULL of flavor, and sooooo clean, but Wife said I look like Puff The Magic Dragon. Ha! The amount of vapor from this unit is unreal. I had to tone it down. So I backed off the V and make the air hole just slightly bigger and used my Protank drip tip. I can now vape from it. This is NOT a bad unit...actually best I ever used! But it just produces so much vapor, I'm just not used to this. 1 puff will fog a small room (which I did lol). All in all, this is a great starter RBA. Worth every penny. And if you love HUGE amounts of vapor, this is for you! If not (but you like the unit) it's very easy to adjust it to your liking.

And for juice. I had friends of mine wanting to start and get asked "but where do I get the juice? which ones are the best?"

So I've tried SO many juices (got a bit nuts there..lol), BUT this is all personal taste. What I might like, you may not. But I do like when juice companies really take juice making into the "clean room" frame of mind. And now I like all kinds, but my favorite is sweet juices. So from standard tobacco to fruity or sweet juices, these are my suggestions.

Flavorz by Joe (I'm convinced...they are ALL AWESOME!!)
Mr. Good Vape
Johnson Creek (there are some like Valencia that are just so overpowering, I just can't vape them. While others you want to eat!)
Halo (I have not found 1 that I don't like! I'm really not a menthol person, but Malibu..Sub Zero...WOW! Just try them!)
Vapor Room's Juice E Juice (looks just like the kids JuiceEJuice box labels. Dream is absolutely amazing!)
Alien Visions (oh wow Boba's Bounty!.....)
Vape Dudes

This is where I'd start. Then experiment with others until you find one you really love!

I hope this would be of some help to new vapers out there. It's where I started and I really liked this path and it got me to the point where I'm at today. Regardless ...QUIT SMOKING!!

Happy Vaping! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: badwaterbill

MrSelf Destruct

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
Cobra Island
Great reviews. Appreciate you taking the time. I have the same feeling about Blu...I'm not about to recommend them to anyone, but they initially got me off analogs so I can't hate them. I upgraded from Blu to an ego T battery and then to the ego twist. Now I have a vamo and an SVD and use them exclusively, still keeping my twists for backups.

Thx guys! :) I really hope it helps new peeps.

And the Protank is awesome! That and the iSmoka BCC are by far (IMO) the best non-RBAs out there. But the PT flaws are the 2 flavor wicks are so small that if you look at the coil, you'll see there is a space (a small gap). And once the flavor wicks get soaked, juice just floods the coil. So using with pure cotton 2mm or silica in there seals it, but still soaks the coil. Doesn't stop any performance and works great. But the other issue is pressure. Filling the tank to it's max will also allow you to run it almost dry with no flooding. There's a lot of tips on how to stop the flooding, but none really worked. So I'm glad I finally found a fix. Love my PTs now!

tidegirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
Panama City, FL
I must respectfully disagree with your recommendation for everyone to start with a cig a like. You have been vaping for 4 months, and have already spent (how much?) searching for bigger... better... more. 90% of all people who start with a cig a like end up doing this, and wasting a lot of money in the chase for a better vape, or give up and think vaping will not cut it for them.

Yeah, most people start out thinking it HAS to be like a cig. I thought the same thing. Luckily, a local shop put an ego in my hand. I tried it intending to hand it back saying give me something like a cig, but from the very first vape I realized the button and the size were not a big deal at all.

Well it wasn't like I was hunting down bigger and better. But I more or less got sucked into it. The more mods and even eGos I seen, I told mysself..."I'm so NOT walking around with that thing!". But in the long run..I got hooked. But all in all, I only got rid of my BLU's. I kept everything else and still use them. So I don't feel like I wasted any money...I just have a bunch of cool toys! :) lol

And if I myself didn't start with the "cig" style, I don't think I'd be here today. And I have friends all over the world (501st) that all wanted to switch and has done the same and are happy now. I guess it's like driving a car. You wouldn't give your 15 year old a Chevy 1500 van as their first car. But when they are 25 they might just be driving a Hummer... :) It's not just vaping, I think it goes for everything in life.

Luv the vid btw! lol

And just for the record...I agree with the second post. I wouldn't recommend BLU at all. And I never do! But that or anything gets you off analogs...so be it.

Last edited:
I started vaping with the old joye 510 with the cotton shoved in the "cartridge". From there went to a joye eGo C and still use and love it. I found that cruising around the golf course, as I run the maintenance crew, I was getting very strange looks while vaping on the eGo C. I purchased an eRoll due to its cig-a-like nature, again from joye, and love it. I get no strange looks anymore. I carry around 2 extra tanks and a bottle of juice. I probably go through 4-5 tanks a day and the battery has never let me down, short of the one that took a bath in the laundry. As long as you periodically put the eRoll back in the PCC every so often, the batt will last all day and then some.

Edit…the reason I choose the eRoll was due to the fact that the atty was the same in the eGo C.

volume control

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
Mass
Lots of personal feelings and experiences good read. May try out the ismoka bcc on your recommendation, even tho since my latest affair with cartotanks nothing seems to compare. I had a vapeonly BCC which i think is the same thing, but something happened to the center post, it immediately floods after filling, and im pretty sure its bent in there =( No idea what i even did. I did enjoy it more than my protanks while it was working though

Lots of personal feelings and experiences good read. May try out the ismoka bcc on your recommendation, even tho since my latest affair with cartotanks nothing seems to compare. I had a vapeonly BCC which i think is the same thing, but something happened to the center post, it immediately floods after filling, and im pretty sure its bent in there =( No idea what i even did. I did enjoy it more than my protanks while it was working though

Haven't tried the Vapeonly, but I think the iSmoka is just a clone of it. Only difference (that I can see) is the iSmoka looks so sharp! Black body with colored tank just gives it a really sweet look!

I keep starring at my RSST, but I need an ohm meter to test the coil. I think I might build my own.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Good work Iceburgh71. I've seen a few people more or less new to vaping try to do this and fail miserably. You've avoided a few pitfalls. You waited until you had enough experience to get to know your devices. You only review what you have used. You only review it after having used it for a while and discovering its quirks. That generally doesn't happen in the first week and can take a lot longer sometimes.

I agree with InTheShade, you should blog your post. You can keep adding to it there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread