Status
Not open for further replies.

want to quit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Germany/ Atlanta, GA
Its a very scarey thing to go through.Its been a slow moving recovery.We just got home yesterday.Thank you so much for the well wishes.I really appreciate it.Its nice to hear from others who have been through it.

I hope everything works out well. All the best to you and your husband. On a second note are there any big businesses in Key west? I go there in a week and plan on finding me a job there, however, It seems to be that there are no big companies located anywhere near.

Morandir835

Idiot Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Outside DC
Well Want to quit (never answered if it's sir or Ms.?) those would be generic batts. Not fair to judge v4l batts by them... Their batts have many enhancements compared to the generics. It would be like comparing the mf to the standard bloog. Of course the mf should be better, newer technology... I understand you're loyal to bloog, but to just state their batt is best because you believe it to be so without actually comparing it is a little unfair.

slim66

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2010
USA
Well you can send the V4L stuff to me.I much prefer it.I love the look and feel of the V4L stuff.The selection on stuff is great.So ya,if you hate it,send it my way.Im broke from medical bills for my husbands heart surgery and Ill help you out,LOL!!

I thought you used mods.

So glad you and your husband are doing well and are back home.

want to quit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Germany/ Atlanta, GA
Well Want to quit (never answered if it's sir or Ms.?) those would be generic batts. Not fair to judge v4l batts by them... Their batts have many enhancements compared to the generics. It would be like comparing the mf to the standard bloog. Of course the mf should be better, newer technology... I understand you're loyal to bloog, but to just state their batt is best because you believe it to be so without actually comparing it is a little unfair.

I was really just doing the topic to show my love to Bloog and giving my short experience with V4L. If there is a way to change the heading to generic bats then I would do so. I also don't try to bash on V4L that was not my intend.

keyzygirl

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
Key West,Fl.
I thought you used mods.

So glad you and your husband are doing well and are back home.

I do,but when out socially the smaller batts are nice.I can even choose batts to match my outfits,lol.Lots of black tie affairs,I have to look spiffy!My hubs is a Shriner so lots of benefit type dinners.Its nice to have an attractive PCC and batts that match.At home I prefer a 5v mod.Much easier to get alot of vapor.5v is awesome.

Frick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Ohio
On the question of open heart surgery recovery, it can vary from person to person, but of the two people I know who went through it (my Uncle for a valve replacement, and a very good friend for a triple-bypass), it's no easy matter. The very positive thing about it is, they have so much experience doing these things now, the risks are largely removed, and most people have a very positive prognosis long-term. Here's to a speedy recovery, in any case.

I ordered a bunch of V4L cartos, and didn't care for them. That's just my opinion, though, and I received a very kind offer from a regular here to purchase them from me, since I wouldn't be using them. There are people who like Coke (yuck) and people who like Pepsi. I happen to like Diet Pepsi. :) That doesn't mean I begrudge anyone their choices.

And I think any rivalry, or '...... match', is largely overblown. Morandir can tell you he has been very well-accepted in this sub-forum, along with keelala (sp) girl.

We all choose KR808D PVs, and most of us used them to successfully quit smoking. That alone should bind us, not tear us apart due to whose product we choose to purchase.

:)

slim66

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2010
USA
I do,but when out socially the smaller batts are nice.I can even choose batts to match my outfits,lol.Lots of black tie affairs,I have to look spiffy!My hubs is a Shriner so lots of benefit type dinners.Its nice to have an attractive PCC and batts that match.At home I prefer a 5v mod.Much easier to get alot of vapor.5v is awesome.

That makes sense. I love the part about matching your battery to your outfit. :)

want to quit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Germany/ Atlanta, GA
On the question of open heart surgery recovery, it can vary from person to person, but of the two people I know who went through it (my Uncle for a valve replacement, and a very good friend for a triple-bypass), it's no easy matter. The very positive thing about it is, they have so much experience doing these things now, the risks are largely removed, and most people have a very positive prognosis long-term. Here's to a speedy recovery, in any case.

I ordered a bunch of V4L cartos, and didn't care for them. That's just my opinion, though, and I received a very kind offer from a regular here to purchase them from me, since I wouldn't be using them. There are people who like Coke (yuck) and people who like Pepsi. I happen to like Diet Pepsi. :) That doesn't mean I begrudge anyone their choices.

And I think any rivalry, or '...... match', is largely overblown. Morandir can tell you he has been very well-accepted in this sub-forum, along with keelala (sp) girl.

We all choose KR808D PVs, and most of us used them to successfully quit smoking. That alone should bind us, not tear us apart due to whose product we choose to purchase.

:)

Amen to that. Point is we got or are still on the journey to quit smoking that alone is the most important thing.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Plus,Leaford will bind us.He is a special guy to us vets.He has been here since the begining.

I agree, it should bind us, but ironically, Leaford’s specialness may be at the heart of some of the v4l loyalist’s reactions to the new competition from Bloog.

It shouldnt be,things happen and people move on.Im just glad he found something to fill his passion.

Thanks Keyzygirl! :wub: That's how I feel; my time at V4L will always be special to me, but it wasn't the right place for me in the long run. But I don't feel any rivalry towards them, except for as a business competitor of course. Steve and I are still friends; we got together for dinner while he was here, and we had a good time. We have too much history together to not be friends just because we didn't work well together.

(Damn, that sounds a bit too much like a whole different type of relationship there. :lol:)

But Slim's probably right. I left the family, and some will see that as a betrayal, consciously or not. Like how a child of divorced parents might view the spouse who left. And Bloog is like the child that spouse had with someone else. Or something like that. :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread