Nautilus mini coil problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 11, 2016
Hi im new round here just a heads up

ive been vaping for about a year now and i started on an ego-T kit and soon after that swapped out to a iclear 30s which i had for a while and never had this issue. after my iclear 30s i moved onto the nautilus mini and found that the coils that came pre loaded into my nautilus mini were absolutely perfect but the replacement coils were always burnt even if i primed them and took a few non firing hits and dont know what is going on any help is appreciated.
i am using a 50/50 PG/VG juice and a Innokin Cool Fire 4

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
Hi and welcome.

I've had the odd one that either fired weakly or tasted burnt as you describe - guess it's down to quality control or lack of it back at the factory. They must churn these out by the million.

I'm guessing you're doing the same as me - checking the new coil is right snugged down and leaving the thing to soak in juice for a wee while after filling your tank and fitting a new coil.

It'll be interesting to see what others suggest though...

Jan 11, 2016
yeah i have tried absolutely everything. i have bought multiple nautilus minis and everytime i have had one the pre loaded coil is perfect but when i change one out they always taste burnt i have tried just leaving them to soak in juice that didnt work it tasted burnt i have tried applying juice to the small holes and then soaking it and i have also tried prime hitting it without firing and none of them work really just want to get this problem resolved because the mini is a great tank with amazing flavour and vapour but the coils just let me down every single time

Reactions: Falconeer

Liskrig

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2015
MA, USA
i was just wondering could it be that i always had it dispaying 4V instead of Watts on my cool fire 4? but the first pre loaded coil was always fine?

4 volts for the Nautilus Mini is perfect. I prefer 4.2v but that is just me. May I ask where you are getting the coils from? I know with my Atlantis v.2 there is a certain funk with new coils until maybe a full tank passes through it. Could be interpreted as burning though

Yiana

Ultra Member
Nov 20, 2015
Planet Earth
I have had that problem with those coils. I think there are some bunk ones out there. I used to get a couple in each pack I got. But then I thought their qc got better. I know there are people who rebuild them. There should be a video on youtube somewhere. I'm going to learn eventually because my mil still uses hers. I don't think you are doing anything wrong. You may have gotten some bad ones.

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
I am a Nautilus mini user. The best low power clearo IMO. I have been facing the problem of duff/fake coils before. Knowing of the genuinity problem, I started to buy direct from Aspire, until I found a dealer who sells proper BVC coils. BTW I use the Nautilus between 8 and 11 Watts. Use 50-50 or 70-30 PG-VG juice, as high-VG impair operation.

jensy

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Fort Nelson, BC, Canada
I use the nautilus coils all the time but I don't get a burnt taste at all. I always put 6 drops down the coil from the top and then let the coil sit for a couple of mins in the tank with the liquid. First fire I hit the button for a second but don't draw on it and I do this 2-3 times. Then vape and I have no problems at all and I vape them between 12-13.5 watts.Edited to add 50/50 eliquid.

Reactions: David Wolf

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
II just got the Nautilus Mini Yesterday and the guy at the Vape Shop was very specific about using the iStick on Wattage and recommended setting in between 10 & 13 Watts. Also he stressed priming the Atomizer by putting a few drops down the center. Hope it is helpful so far this unit is performing flawlessly.

1.85 Ohm 4.72 Volts at 12 Watt setting. :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread