NC Vape Shop Contest #2: Pyrex Edition. Win a Protank 3 (normally $13.99) or a Smoktech Champion (normally $12.99)!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hey ECF!

It's time for another NC vape shop contest! Last time we gave away 3 Kanger Unitanks and 3 30ml bottles of E Juice. This time, we're giving away a Protank 3 + 30ml of juice, 2 Smoktech Champion Pyrex Tanks + 15ml of Juice, and a membership in our loyalty program for everyone that enters (10% off all future purchases).

Instructions:

1. Head over to NC Vape Shop and create an account (if you don't have one already). Your account will be automatically added to the loyalty program, allowing for 10% off all purchases (use IVAPENC at checkout).

2. Post in this thread. For a bonus point, include a story about something that happened, where having a pyrex tank could have come in handy (pictures are okay).

What if you don't have a story? Don't worry, this is supposed to be fun. Find an image depicting a spectacular vape related failure, post about a friend (for example, a close friend of mine goes through Protanks at a rate of 1 every 2 weeks), or something creative. Try to have fun, and please keep the images appropriate.​

3. Entries will be accepted until 2pm PST this Sunday (January 25th, 2014)

Winner Selection:

1. At 2:01pm on Sunday (or at least sometime around then) I will compile a list of the contestants (those with bonus points will appear twice on the list).

2. An n-sided die will be cast 3 times (n = the number of names on the list, including duplicates). The die will be recast in the event of duplicates.

3. The first winner will receive a Protank 3 + 30ml of juice. The next two will each receive a Champion tank + 15ml of Juice.

4. Winners will be announced no later than Monday evening via this thread. I will send a PM for address confirmation & e-juice preference.

Fine print and other boring stuff: No purchase necessary, void where prohibited. You must be at least 18 years old and of legal smoking age in your local jurisdiction to enter. Contestants must be from the USA.

Cheers,
Mike

Neverside

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2013
Awesome another great contest from you guys! Well when I first started vaping I received a flavor that was rather acidic and it destroyed my tank. Being new to vaping I didn't really understand what was going on. O rings were eaten up by juice and it began leaking like crazy.

I also broke a cheap clearo by dropping it. Didn't even notice once again. It had a crack by the mouthpiece. So really nothing too serious.

Last edited:

traderljp

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2013
South Florida
I'm already registered on your site!

I just recently got my first pyrex tank and it is so nice to not worry about cracking the tank with juice. Yep...like most noobs, I made that mistake. This past summer I got an ego kit with ce4's and was happily vaping the few juices that I had purchased - until I was lucky enough to win some Pluid (hope it is ok to mention the name of the juice - if not, please let me know and I'll edit it out)!!! Cut to the chase....I feel warm liquid on my hand and arm, look down, and see green juice dripping onto my shirt and pants. PARTY FOUL

...thanks so much for the contest. It'll be fun to read these posts :)

HumphreyBogart11490

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2014
Royersford, Pa, USA
first pyrex tank i had, went into my pocket on moving day right after a refill. ten minutes later my brother lost his grip on a dresser and it landed right on the tank. not only did it break, and soak my shorts with oh about 4 mls of juice, but i took a nice big chunk of the pyrex right into my thigh, nothing burns worse than a puncture wound soaked in 24mg juice. 8-o

Debra_oh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Cleveland, OH
I learned the value of pyrex the first time i used a lemon juice. Everything was fine, at first. I filled the clearo, vaped away, went to sleep, when I woke up and went for a vape the tank was all cloudy and sitting in a puddle of juice. At first I thought it was just a cheap clearo but a quick search on ECF and I learned about tank crack'n juices and the wonders of Pyrex.

Thanks for the contest.

DocTonyNYC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2013
San Juan, Puerto Rico (and NYC)
Thanks, Mike, for the generous contest.

Pyrex tanks are really an important part of my vape gear because most of the flavors that I vape are tank crackers. I've known about "tank crackers" pretty much from the time I made my first purchase of liquids. That hasn't stopped me, though, from destroying a couple of tanks because I wasn't thinking first (I have regular brain farts). One of the first liquids that I had purchased was Ginger, and it was a liquid that I found particularly nasty. I had put it in a plastic tank because I didn't even think about the fact that ginger would be on the "tank cracker" list. It sat for several days before completing turning the plastic cloudy, and then it started leaking all over the place.

I still use some plastic tanks (I love the T3s tanks), but I'm much more careful now.

Ding

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
Molon Labe
Already registered and proudly..............I am the master of disaster on glass and mods.Never put a mod with a plastic tank in your back pocket and sit down to do any work...........You'll find out real quick what plastic does,to your pocket and other parts covered by that pocket..........The hard part is sewin up the "other part",not the pocket.I do love the glass tanks,as long as it stays in one piece.Great flavor and no worries about them being short lived..........I guess my why a pyrex would have been handy is the my plastics are to fragile and wear out,discolor with different juices.I have a pro tank mini 2 and love it but it is too small.I use 1 juice eclusively in it.

I did scare someone with my pro tank mini once,they thought it and my lip was on fire.

Last edited:

Lynzy

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio USA
Hi, I too am already registered on your site. I've definitely read about and seen pics of what can happen if you put certain juices in plastic tanks. Example below. I have 3 glass tanks because I like to vape cinnamon sometimes. Thanks for the contest!
images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread