Need help deciding my Next device any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im currently vaping with the innokin vv 3, i like the device but its not producing enough vapor for me, as you can tell i was a heavy smoker, any suggestions, i looking into mechanical mods (smok Tech Magneto clone, etc.) or vv/vw mods (Innokin VTR, etc.) but not sure if they will satisfy me!

20131216_031005.jpg

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Can you give us more information? What atomizer, cartomizer, or clearomizer are you using? At what ohms and voltage? What liquid are you using, including PG/VG ratio?

It may well be that what you need is a better atty/carto/clearo instead of a whole new PV. Or just a different PG/VG ratio. After all, you do already have a VV/VW device.

Portertown

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Greenville, NC, USA
I have three vv/vw mods at the present time and one mech mod.
An Evic
A VTR
A SID
A King clone with a Kick in it

I find they all give me the same vape if I move the same tank to each one of them. What I have found is that the mod is only part of the solution. You must also have the right type of tank, clearmizer, etc to give you the flavor and vapor.
I use Protank 2's and Kayfun Lites.
The Protanks do ok, but the Kayfun Lites give me the best flavor and vapor production by far.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
The first place to focus when one is looking for more vape is the atomizer. What you cook your juice in is just as important as what your are heating it up with. The best mod in the world can only supply power, if you have an inferior atomizer it won't matter what you are cooking it with.

Look at the Aspire BDC, Protank 3, itaste 30s, for decent intermediate atomizers. If you want more than that then look into rba's and rda's to get maximum vape. Then if you need more, more, more, you can start looking into a 15 watt device or mechanical.

Dude, I just got the Atom V2 Mod with a Nimbus Atty after seeing a review from Vape Lovely. Lemme tell you something. After using a Chi clone for awhile and switching to this unit, it's like night and day. I've set it up sub-ohm and this thing CRANKS! Great clouds without sacrificing taste. I picked it up locally for a total of around $240. A bit pricy, but it's gorgeous and worth every penny! I'm using a 29 gauge Kanthal wire for sub-ohm and this thing rips. good luck!

Can you give us more information? What atomizer, cartomizer, or clearomizer are you using? At what ohms and voltage? What liquid are you using, including PG/VG ratio?

It may well be that what you need is a better atty/carto/clearo instead of a whole new PV. Or just a different PG/VG ratio. After all, you do already have a VV/VW device.

Sorry I've taken so long to respond, I have a Innokin vv3, 3 types of atty's (Main) KangerTech T3S(Coil's 2.1, 2.2 ohms at 4.2v/8w, 2.5) and .......... EGO CE5 (Coil's 2.3 ohms at 4.5v/9w, 2.5), .......... EGO CE5 (Coil 2.5) ohms. Using 80pg/20vg 12mg/1.2% nicotine thin juices and thick juices. I usually follow the ohms chart shown hereWe love Vaping!
i

I have three vv/vw mods at the present time and one mech mod.
An Evic
A VTR
A SID
A King clone with a Kick in it

I find they all give me the same vape if I move the same tank to each one of them. What I have found is that the mod is only part of the solution. You must also have the right type of tank, clearmizer, etc to give you the flavor and vapor.
I use Protank 2's and Kayfun Lites.
The Protanks do ok, but the Kayfun Lites give me the best flavor and vapor production by far.

Yea I tried my friends Protank 2 (1.5 ohm) at work, it was way better than my T3S (2.1 Ohm). I may need to get a mech mod!

The first place to focus when one is looking for more vape is the atomizer. What you cook your juice in is just as important as what your are heating it up with. The best mod in the world can only supply power, if you have an inferior atomizer it won't matter what you are cooking it with.

Look at the Aspire BDC, Protank 3, itaste 30s, for decent intermediate atomizers. If you want more than that then look into rba's and rda's to get maximum vape. Then if you need more, more, more, you can start looking into a 15 watt device or mechanical.

This is were I stand, rba's and rda's to get maximum vape and a 15 watt device or mechanical? Not sure what will satisfy me? I have been researching the Smok Tech Magneto, Chi-You, Nemisis clone, Innokin Svd, Etc. So many choices!

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Most new vapers begin at 18 or 24 mg. I smoked 1 1/2 PAD very strong analogs and began at 36 mg X 50- 60 ml per week.
Juice Components
Flavoring usually about 3- 15%- could be higher or lower depending on the flavor used.
PG enhances flavor, TH and lung hit- water like - many of us believe PG to be a throat irritant.
VG= vapor and can mute flavor- thick
Nicotine- TH, lung hit and our need for nicotine. The MOST important ingredient in regards to TH and lung hit.
Standards in the industry are 80/ 20 or 70/ 30 PG/ VG. Many are moving towards a 50/ 50 PG/ VG as it provides a smoother vape.

Most new vapers begin at 18 or 24 mg. I smoked 1 1/2 PAD very strong analogs and began at 36 mg X 50- 60 ml per week.
Juice Components
Flavoring usually about 3- 15%- could be higher or lower depending on the flavor used.
PG enhances flavor, TH and lung hit- water like - many of us believe PG to be a throat irritant.
VG= vapor and can mute flavor- thick
Nicotine- TH, lung hit and our need for nicotine. The MOST important ingredient in regards to TH and lung hit.
Standards in the industry are 80/ 20 or 70/ 30 PG/ VG. Many are moving towards a 50/ 50 PG/ VG as it provides a smoother vape.

I started with the disposable ecigs a year ago, tried the 18 mg which i liked at first but was to much nicotine for me in the end. upgraded to (3) Ego CE5's battiers all of them messed up, next another CE5 still working (gave that to my mom), then a ego twist (not sure but think it was a knock off because there is no brand stamped on it) from my local B&M who sell official ego twist's, then the twist battery started messing up; fixed it, and bought a Innokin vv 3, glad I did because my ego twist went out the next day.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
A larger mod (like a VTR) will give you better battery life. But, your problem seems to have more to do with TH and nicotine than anything else. Buy a bigger mod if you want. But, if you're really just trying to get more satisfaction in order to keep from smoking, focus on the atomizer and liquid first.

Are your CE5s any more satisfying than your T3S? If so, you might try more top coil clearos like the T2 and Vivi Nova. Another way to get a lot more vapor and TH is to use EMDCCs.

Higher VG will give you more vapor, but not more TH.

Sure, go ahead and get a VTR or other larger VV/VW device. It never hurts to have a back-up and a bigger battery. But, focus on the atomizer/juice delivery system and the juice itself (up your nic to at least 18mg/ml).

Getting into RBAs and mechanicals is totally unnecessary. Unless, of course, you're just looking for an excuse to. If so, go for it. You can do it just for fun if that's what you really want. After all, the fun and variety is a big part of what makes vaping work so well.

But, as others have already said, it's the type of atomizer and the juice that's going to make the biggest difference.

Good luck!

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I started with the disposable ecigs a year ago, tried the 18 mg which i liked at first but was to much nicotine for me in the end. upgraded to (3) Ego CE5's battiers all of them messed up, next another CE5 still working (gave that to my mom), then a ego twist (not sure but think it was a knock off because there is no brand stamped on it) from my local B&M who sell official ego twist's, then the twist battery started messing up; fixed it, and bought a Innokin vv 3, glad I did because my ego twist went out the next day.

Ok, never mind about the nicotine then.

What do you mean by CE5? Are you referring to a clearomizer or a battery?

VaporDragon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
Kansas City, MO
I just got a couple protank 3s today and have filled both up with different juices running one on a provari at 4.8 volts and another on the other provari at 4.3 volts. Getting amazing flavor and plenty of Vapor. I have to say I'm quite impressed. I've heard great things about the aspire bdc as well. Some say even better than the protank 3. And now that they have a aspire bdc glassomizer I think I'm gonna order one and see what all the hype is about.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.

If looking for more vapor then I would suggest upping the PG/ VG ratio t0 50/ 50 BUT flavor and/ or TH will suffer. I used the CE5 clearos when they first came out and found them to be a weak vape regardless of whether I wasd using 1.8 or 2.4 ohms.I moved on to the Vision brand Vivi Novas and never looked back. I own a Mech Mod and the only way you'll get more vape is to rebuild your own RBAs- ordinarily they fire at 3.7 volts. With my Mech Mod I was using 1.7 ohms cartos and they gave plumes of vape. Here's a chart to help with volts to ohms:
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9dkanCt0I1qc8949o2_1280.png
In regards to Vendors here's a search engine:
Electric Cigarette|Eliquid|Supplies|Electronic Cigarette|Ejuice|Smokeless|Vapor Search USA
And here's a great site for sales- realize if ordering from China it takes awhile and batteries/ juice are a no go:
Vapor Joes - Daily Vaping Deals
The advantage of moving up to a Mech Mod is that you'd have separate batteries and charger and it would be easy and inexpensive to move up to a VV/ VW Tube Mod. You can see below the PVs I own (some not listed) and my fave right now is the Sigelei Z-Max. VTR is nice but VERY heavy and has some issues with certain clearos. Innokin MVP 2 I really like but has a non replaceable battery- $40.00 for a complete kit.
Price wise this Vendor is good for Mech Mods and VV/ VW Mods:
101 Vape
Best of Luck.
P.S. It could also be you're one of those rare individuals that needs to add a bit of WTA to your juice. I rarely advise it but in some cases it has helped vapers immensely:
Whole Tobacco Alkaloids (WTA e-Liquid) FAQ | VapeliciousVapelicious

Thanks very good information, I've been reading lots an lots of the information the past 2 days. What wattage are you using on your 1.7 ohm atty at 3.7 volts? I built a 1.7 ohm coil for my T3S hits good but I have narrowed down that my liquid is to thin not enough nicotine and my atty sucks compared to rba's. I'm going to order some vivi nova's, a protank 3, and a kayfun rba tank. Also better juice ratio's and higher nicotine %.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Thanks very good information, I've been reading lots an lots of the information the past 2 days. What wattage are you using on your 1.7 ohm atty at 3.7 volts? I built a 1.7 ohm coil for my T3S hits good but I have narrowed down that my liquid is to thin not enough nicotine and my atty sucks compared to rba's. I'm going to order some vivi nova's, a protank 3, and a kayfun rba tank. Also better juice ratio's and higher nicotine %.

I haven't used my Mech Mod in 16? months. It was my first PV and I only bought it because:
-easily and inexpensively repaired
-durable
-long life replaceable batts
I was using 1.7 ohms cartos @ 3.7 volts which would be 8 watts. The cartos I was using were the SmokTech XL 1.7 single coil aka the Resurrector. Within 2 weeks I added a carto tank.
Ohm's Law / Watt's Law Calculator

I just purchased a Kanger Pro Tank 2 with 2 2.5ohm coil heads, also purchased a bottle of Fusion Vapor's Hadouken 15ml, 1.8% nicotine, pg/vg 50/50. Very noticeable difference compared to using the Kanger T3S clearomizer. Also experimented with my usual juice big difference as well. Did notice that my usual juice was to thin 80pg/20vg at 1.2% nicotine and weak, still blows better out of the PT2 tank on my Innokin vv 3. Thanks for the help everyone, If there is any particular menthol or fruit juice flavors and tanks recommended please list. 20131219_174857.jpg 20131219_183105.jpg 20131219_183619.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread