Need help to get my wife Vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloridaNoob

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Holiday, Florida
Hey guys, I am looking for some help cuz I need to make sure I do this right to make my wife jump from analogs to digital. The biggest problem I run into is my wife doesn't want to spend *alot* of money for something she thinks she won't like or use. I was good for about 6 months on the *stick* white cloud style pv that she had gotten but didn't like, I think the cartos were giving her too much TH for her liking. However, in the last couple of weeks my sis-n-law gave us a Ego-T starter kit as a gift. She knows I liked vaping. She had also filled two of the tanks with a 50/50 low nic juice, can't remember the flavor, and the TH was barely even there. My wife actually liked the flavor and said she could handle vaping it.

I have seen Mt Baker Vaps having very good prices and reviews on their juices so I know I can get something relatively decent and cheap for juice but We are gonna need to get a second system. I am looking at something a little more advanced and have looked at both the Vivi Mini Nova, and the SmokTech 3.5ml DCT Tank and know that the first will fit on my Ego bats, but not sure if the second will. I am wondering what of those two is the better choice as a suplement/replacement for the Ego-T, and also easy to use with a lesser chance of actually leaking. I also wonder about the two ratios of PG/VG at Mt Baker, should I go house blend or the 50/50 tank blend? I have read so much but I need to get this together for as little as possible and make it a successful week or two to get her to buy in and allow us to spend the analog money on digital. That way I can get us another set of batteries, probably a passthru...etc.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
The biggest problem I run into is my wife doesn't want to spend *alot* of money for something she thinks she won't like or use. I was good for about 6 months on the *stick* white cloud style pv that she had gotten but didn't like, I think the cartos were giving her too much TH for her liking. However, in the last couple of weeks my sis-n-law gave us a Ego-T starter kit as a gift. She knows I liked vaping. She had also filled two of the tanks with a 50/50 low nic juice, can't remember the flavor, and the TH was barely even there. My wife actually liked the flavor and said she could handle vaping it.
The lower the PG the less the TH will be enhanced but PG also enhances TH while VG mutes it so it sounds like 50/50 is perfect.
Juice Components
Flavoring usually about 15%
PG enhances flavor, TH and lung hit- water like
VG= vapor and can mute flavor- thick
Nicotine- TH, lung hit and our need for nicotine. The MOST important ingredient in regards to TH and lung hit.
Standards in the industry are 80/ 20 or 70/ 30 PG/ VG. I vape 70/ 30 PG/ VG.

I am looking at something a little more advanced and have looked at both the Vivi Mini Nova, and the SmokTech 3.5ml DCT Tank and know that the first will fit on my Ego bats, but not sure if the second will. I am wondering what of those two is the better choice as a suplement/replacement for the Ego-T, and also easy to use with a lesser chance of actually leaking.
Your eGo T uses 510 accessories so as long as you purchase 510 stuff they'll fit. The only problem I have with the DCT tank is it uses dual coils- single coils are far better on the eGo. As for the SmokTech 3.5ml DCT Tank I've read of lots of leaking problems but I've never used them. Better to buy a separate tank and cartos. Just remember that low resistance cartos will give a warmer vape/ stronger hit while standard res cartos give a cooler vape- something your wife may be looking for. If you're gonna buy the clearo make sure they're the rebuildables- with proper care the heads last about 3-4 weeks and are cheap and easy to replace.

carynjahn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
South Carolina
Both tanks will work on your ego batts. Anything with 510 connection will. Vivi tanks and the dct's are different animals. Vivi's use a wicking system and the dct is a carto. I have a reg vivi and a carto tank I bought from vapedudes. The vivi is good, but I prefer my carto tank most of the time. The vivis are sensitive to some juice like cinnamon.....could crack your tank. The carto tank I have is great. I can put anything in it. No leaking or cracking.

As far as your wife goes.....give her time. I'm sure she'll come around once she sees how much healthier you are.

Last edited:

surreal

Sep 14, 2012
Glendale, AZ
I was in about the same situation. Bought the eGo T starter kit and my wife pretty promptly burned out the atomizers it came with. I've had Vision CC Clearomizers since Wednesday and like them a lot. She likes being able to see how much juice is left. One more thing that helped a lot was buying a 3rd battery, so there's never a time when she has to wait around for hers to recharge. When she finished draining one battery she pops it onto the charger and grabs the charged spare. Hope that helps. I've dropped about $100 on vaping gear over the last couple weeks, but at $6 a pack and both of us smoking we were spending upwards of $300 a month on analogs.

FloridaNoob

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Holiday, Florida
Yeah, I am leaning toward the mini nova myself for the long haul, and probably investing in some twists. I like the fact that I can switch out the atty at a relatively cheap price so even one a week would still be no more than like 5-10 a month. I have messaged my sis-n-law to maybe switch me out some filled T tanks tomorrow so I can get my wife a full day of trying the T with those tanks. I did have one leak, or I really drained it fast, don't think so, when she first gave it to me. The second tank didn't leak. I need to rinse and dry the atty tonight I think so flavor will be fresh or draw thru a few vapes to make sure their is not a mix of different flavours. Unless she gives me the same flavour as last time. I know once I get her on it she will love it.

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
Don't force it. Best way is to win by attraction. I'm hard headed and if someone had tried to force me I would have done as a Mule would and go to more analogs. Let her try other flavors every so often. Different Nicotine %'s. Just say what do you think of this. I got off Analogs by just seeing others convert and seeing how much they enjoyed it. When you let it become her idea then it will stick.
It's not a great analogy but that is what I do working with Alcoholics. You get them by attraction not by force of will. Let here see how much you enjoy it. Make occasional little statements about "how your sense of taste came back" etc.

Last edited:

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
Not sure I can help much...'cause Ms. G has no problem spending. I use a Volt 808. All I can say is that once she saw my success (1 week), she wanted to try. Once she realized there were different colors and jeweled tips she was all in. Accessorizing and coordinating are her specialties. I'm always looking for the next best thing but she is perfectly happy with the original battery cartomizer setup. One selling point is that it is so much more fun and successful if you're both in it together. Plus it can be cheaper (economies of scale) when you are sharing equipment and juice. I know, even with the initial expenses, we are saving money over buying cigarettes, and we are encouraging each other. Just tell her that, if she loves you, she will share your interests. Naw, don't tell her that...then you would have to watch chick flicks yada yada.

FloridaNoob

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Holiday, Florida
LOL Grimwald, thanks for that input. Yeah, she is interested, she was the that originally bought the 120.00 sticks a couple years ago, she just couldn't *hack* them....pun intended. I think the smoother juice will help coax her over I am just concerned with some of the T Tank leaks and I want to be able to justify to her the upfront expenses. I mean the Mini Nova looks like it would be awesome for us both, and she seems willing to spend more for a second *kit* but I am not really sure we would need to do a whole kit. I am thinking another charger, two more batteries, and maybe a mini nova for me. That way our 4 batteries would be interchangable and we could charge two at a time.

Chriskarr

Verified Member
Sep 13, 2012
Oregon, U.S.A
Figure out her favourite foods and get a flavour of liquid that imitates it well. Look for good reviews from independent websites and forums. Then make sure you have an atomizer that matches the heat it needs and gives a reasonably mild throat hit.

There's also the option of getting a cigarette-flavour liquid that is similar to her favourite brand.

mar10

Sep 14, 2012
AZ, USA
Figure out her favourite foods and get a flavour of liquid that imitates it well. Look for good reviews from independent websites and forums. Then make sure you have an atomizer that matches the heat it needs and gives a reasonably mild throat hit.

There's also the option of getting a cigarette-flavour liquid that is similar to her favourite brand.

Can you point me in the direction of cigarette-flavoured liquid? All my co-workers want to quit with me, although they are very opposed to fruity and these other flavors that are common for vapors.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
ust tell her that, if she loves you, she will share your interests. Naw, don't tell her that...then you would have to watch chick flicks yada yada.
I am so glad my wife has a couple of friends to go to the movies with.
Now I don't have to watch any chick flicks anymore!

Whenever we are deciding on a movie to watch, I can just say she should watch that with her friends.
I never knew life could be so good, but not having to watch chick flicks is so crucial to my sanity.
:)

FloridaNoob

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Holiday, Florida
yeah on that note I am lucky I have two daughters that go chick flicking with her. The three of them to *Twilight* watching together. LOL

Edit: Hey how well does the twist battery work with the Mini Nova, also how easy is it to work the twist? And when I get a pass thru battery, any suggestions there?

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Can you point me in the direction of cigarette-flavoured liquid? All my co-workers want to quit with me, although they are very opposed to fruity and these other flavors that are common for vapors.
That's just because their minds are closed to the possibilities, but you already know that.
And you can tell them they will like other flavors until you are blue in the face.

I would let them try your flavors, and maybe some of them will open their minds.
And maybe not.

For those that can't see past their fears and their preconceived notions this is what I recommend...
--Dekang DK-TAB is a good tobacco flavor that very few people do not like
--Vaperite has a number of very good nearly-realistic tobacco flavors

And for $7.00 you can get three different samples by ordering the Vaperite tobacco sampler.

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
Don't force it. Best way is to win by attraction. I'm hard headed and if someone had tried to force me I would have done as a Mule would and go to more analogs. Let her try other flavors every so often. Different Nicotine %'s. Just say what do you think of this. I got off Analogs by just seeing others convert and seeing how much they enjoyed it. When you let it become her idea then it will stick.
It's not a great analogy but that is what I do working with Alcoholics. You get them by attraction not by force of will. Let here see how much you enjoy it. Make occasional little statements about "how your sense of taste came back" etc.

Sorry Skimmed It. One of the bad things about ADD. Get an inexpensive starter kit. The kind is a matter of opinion. I got a Ego T and C with a twist battery. My battery died after a week but I had upgraded to a Provari by then. I like the Provari with a Cartamerizer best but for now get a starter believe me if she likes it she will be upgrading and experiment on the best juice she likes. LOL need to stop skimming.

mar10

Sep 14, 2012
AZ, USA
That's just because their minds are closed to the possibilities, but you already know that.
And you can tell them they will like other flavors until you are blue in the face.

I would let them try your flavors, and maybe some of them will open their minds.
And maybe not.

For those that can't see past their fears and their preconceived notions this is what I recommend...
--Dekang DK-TAB is a good tobacco flavor that very few people do not like
--Vaperite has a number of very good nearly-realistic tobacco flavors

And for $7.00 you can get three different samples by ordering the Vaperite tobacco sampler.

Thank you for this.
3 of them smoke Malboro Lights, one's father smokes lights too and his doctor is basically telling him he needs to stop ASAP before having complications and needs to be put on chantex(sp?). He doesn't want to take chantex or really stop but has considered vapor. Will these flavors replicate something similar to a Malboro? Just to get him into it, he's an old guy who doesn't like change. Hopefully we can help my co-worker (and friend)'s dad.

Moueix

Moved On
Aug 20, 2012
Michigan and Iowa
Thank you for this.
3 of them smoke Malboro Lights, one's father smokes lights too and his doctor is basically telling him he needs to stop ASAP before having complications and needs to be put on chantex(sp?). He doesn't want to take chantex or really stop but has considered vapor. Will these flavors replicate something similar to a Malboro? Just to get him into it, he's an old guy who doesn't like change. Hopefully we can help my co-worker (and friend)'s dad.

There is a lot to be excited about switching to E-nic from a respiratory and cancer perspective, but if the fathers medical issues are cardiovascular, E-nic isn't much better than smoking. Nicotine constricts the blood vessels reducing flow, and it also makes the plateletes in your blood sticky, contributing to clotting. I'm not saying, I'm just sayin..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread