Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
no one carries 45 because it's dangerous to be quite honest....most vendors will tell you any juice over 36mg/ml of nicotine has dangerous toxicity levels and should be cut down.....to put it in perspective at 45 mg any leaks that pop up and you may lick off your fingers will probably send you into nicotine sickness instantly, 75mg nic base is what most people use to mix with, and a couple of drops can KILL YOU...at higher concentrations the FUMES can kill you.....i mean i'm not against nicotine or vaping by any means, but we have to be careful of our own safety.
Well I don't want to argue with Mr. Miyagi (since I adore him :p ) but if that was really the case, I should have died a year ago already, since I ONLY vape 36mg and have been known to lick my fingers or get some in my mouth through the drip tip. ALL my juices are 36mg.

elmattias

Resident Miyagi
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
N'awlinz
Well I don't want to argue with Mr. Miyagi (since I adore him :p ) but if that was really the case, I should have died a year ago already, since I ONLY vape 36mg and have been known to lick my fingers or get some in my mouth through the drip tip. ALL my juices are 36mg.

i did say that was at 45mg where you'd probably get instant sick....and your tolerance is probably high enough to handle a few licks of the 36.....

me i've calmed it down a bunch, i started with 24, but found i didn't like the burn so much with fruity flavors...i tuned it WAY down, i try to keep my levels from 6-10mg, and occasionally i even vape 0....it really depends on the juice for me

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
There are juice vendors who don't even bring over 36mg straight nic juice onto their premises. I've read it in their About Us. 36mg is stiill considered "safe". Anything over that is not without proper handling knowledge.

Dragonbone, how does Vapor Gods Cotton Candy compare to other vendors, or is that just one you ended up with?

To the OP, go to top 10 vendors, order sample packs of sweet stuff for wife, she will like something. A lot of people have good luck with alt-cigs. There is also a samples swap on ECF, use the search put in Samples Swap. Or get verified and put a want ad in the classies for sweet dessert juices, small amounts.

bigdaddybrink1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2012
North Texas ya'll
i did say that was at 45mg where you'd probably get instant sick....and your tolerance is probably high enough to handle a few licks of the 36.....

me i've calmed it down a bunch, i started with 24, but found i didn't like the burn so much with fruity flavors...i tuned it WAY down, i try to keep my levels from 6-10mg, and occasionally i even vape 0....it really depends on the juice for me

I mis-spoke before, I am at a 36mg. I vape it all night and most of the day, I work nights 12 hour shifts. Honestly some days it doesnt feel like enough......

MattyB1503

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2012
OC, CA
As fare as the 36mg/ml nic, the only experience I've had with that strength was when I first started vaping. I grabbed a 36 disposable. Knowing each cig I used to smoke contained 1mg I figured pack a day, it would prob last me a day or a day and a half... Well I didn't realize how quick you can vape through a ml. I had veins popping out of my forehead and at one point I even had to rush to the can. Not good. haha

Lately I have been digging Heather's Heavenly Vapes's Serendipity and Shadowfax. To be honest I almost didn't try Serendipity; thought the name sounded lame but just re-upped (four 30ml bottles). It's a darker, richer vape but not acrid. Most people I let try Shadowfax say it's almost like a Marlboro light. I don't get that at all; to me it's just kinda a lighter smooth tobacco flavor.

IDK, taste is pretty subjective. But for me, Serendipity was the first thing I vaped where I went "wow, why did I smoke this whole time..."

zuzette

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2012
Colorado
I didnt read all the posts - it seems to me your wife just does not want to participate in vaping. She wont go in to store to try different flavors and expects you to bring it home to her - and then she is dissatisfied. My advice - stop bringing home the juice for her. I know that sounds harsh - but after 20+ years of marriage I have learned all the games people play. One of them is "satisfy me and make me happy". No matter what you do, it wont work and she will be unhappy and throwing it at your door. Its HER responsibility to be happy if she desires it.
Retraining is in order here and the way to begin is to let her follow her own bliss. If she does not choose to do so - then she probably is not all that interested in vaping and there is nothing you can do about that.

Cookster

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2011
Fla-De-Da
I would, at least, have her sit with you and look at flavors. Take at look at ECBlends, very economical as far as vendors go, tons of flavors, sample packs, and availability to order extra and double extra flavor.

ECBlend E-Liquids - Something Better

I DIY exclusively, that may be something you can look into, she may take an interest in mixing her own flavors ;)

DizGrizz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2012
Near Austin, TX
zuzette may well have hit a nail there. Certainly, there is a point at which she will have to at least give you some help..if she really wants to quick the cigs (like zuzette said, it kinda sounds like maybe not).
If she's not ready, wait a bit and when she sees how much you are enjoying vaping, she may get more interested. Subtlety may be called for...just making a point of enjoying your vaping experience, without being obvious or overt, might be a better way to win her over than trying to make her happy when she really doesn't want to go there...yet.

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
No I wish I did! Just wanting to try out some cotton candy's myself. What the diff betweeen blue and pink, does anyone know? Taste wise..........

Lol, I think that is only food coloring. Don't really know, since I've never eaten he blue one as far as I know. Anyway the pink is the original color, ie. just toasted sugary cotton candy flavor. Try a sample bottle. If you dislike it on it's own, it can be used to sweeten/brighten other juices.

muddyjeremy

Verified Member
Nov 15, 2012
Oklahoma
NiteLiteVapor's bounty hunter or Gold is a great place to start. Boba's Bounty as well, it tastes different for everyone but it's amazing after steeping. I'm a sweet tooth guy and the bounty hunter is like a light vanilla wafer cookie, good for all day for a sweet tooth. The gold tastes like caramel popcorn or honey grahams, really good! I found my sugar intake has gone down vaping sweet stuff.

Fortyniene

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2012
Yakima, Wa
Mt Baker vaper. Has the best cotton candy! I've tried a few other vendors and none compare. They have very good prices. I would suggest you get her the cotton candy with 4 extra shots and some butterscotch tobacco. If she wants just a straight ciggerate clone. Dark Horse from heather's heavenly vapes is the best I've found. I've gone a little crazy on my vape hunt and have at least 60 different flavors but I always go back to the cotton candy and butterscotch tobacco from Mt Baker vaper. Also voos broo from copper creek is very good! Good luck!

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
Well, thank you all for the advice. Basically when i got home in the morning, I told her, we're goin to DFW Vapor, gettin you a tabbacco flavor and that's it. Unless, you arent ready to make the switch....She said she is......so I'll let ya'll know Friday what happens.

Please encourage your wife to get several flavors that she likes rather than just one tobacco flavor. One's sense of taste goes all nitey-nite when vaping the same flavor for long periods of time. Drinking some water and changing flavors wakes the sense of taste back up again. I go so far as to keep three or four devices loaded with juice and switch off very frequently to maximize flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread