New DIY E-Liquid Recipe Site!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mottlycrw

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Wisconsin
It would be nice to have a searchable field for who submitted the recipe. That way if you find a recipe you like from one creator, you can search for other submissions from that person. Just a suggestion. I don't know how hard that would be to do.

You can actually put the creators name in the search and it will do exactly that. However, not all entries have a creator name in them.

Hillbillie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
Texas
What do you guys think... Would a sort by date filter be useful? That way someone can see the newest entries within a given category.
Just an idea.

Chime in on this... useful or not

Great idea! Especially as it becomes more populated....nice to be able to browse the recently added!

:)

Hillbillie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
Texas
You can actually put the creators name in the search and it will do exactly that. However, not all entries have a creator name in them.

Yes...and I love this function! I have flavors I rarely use as I'm not sure what to do with them. I can look up all the recipes here that include it!

:rickroll:

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio

Hm, the one I tried it for didn't work. I tried searching for missty, who has several recipes listed, and no search results came up. Maybe I typed it in wrong.

Yes, that must be it. I tried it again and it worked fine. Never mind!

mottlycrw

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Wisconsin
The recipes need to be standardized... Some say 2ml this 3ml that never stating what the total mix should be.. others say 30% one flavor then 70% another flavor never stating how much to mix into how much nic base...

These need to be standardized to be used in a calculator

I would think that people who submit recipes like that are assuming that they are just making the flavor and its up to whoever to add that flavor into whatever nic base they have or want.

_sidekick_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
Looks like a cool site, but I do have one suggestion. You may want to look into creating a template for the recipes to make the entire site more uniform. Like description, then the recipe, then any additional comments or just separating everything in some way. Bullet points of some sort would be good for each ingredient. As of now it seems like posts were copied and pasted as they were.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Got all excited. Went to page and bookmarked
Then I started looking at recipes
Numbers are all over the place.
(X)ml of .........
6 drops of ......
7 drops of........

I use EjuiceMeUp to stay consistent. % of mix in Ml is Very consistent and simple. Never got a grasp on mix Y+Y+Z=100% and use 14% in (X)ml:blink:
What if after all that, you have a bottle 3/4 full of a mix base you do not like?

mottlycrw

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Wisconsin
Looks like a cool site, but I do have one suggestion. You may want to look into creating a template for the recipes to make the entire site more uniform. Like description, then the recipe, then any additional comments or just separating everything in some way. Bullet points of some sort would be good for each ingredient. As of now it seems like posts were copied and pasted as they were.
I just started to edit all of the recipes by putting the ingredients as bullet points. It does help, especially when viewing on a mobile phone... If the text has to wrap in the ingredients lines, it tends to make a mess if they aren't separated by bullet points.

Thanks for the suggestion

So far I have the tobacco category done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread