New DIY E-Liquid Recipe Site!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mottlycrw

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Wisconsin
I just wanted to say "THANKS" to jgoss for submitting some REALLY TASTY recipes so far on the site. I have tried a couple of the recipes and must say, they are very good. If you want to see a list of jgoss recipes so far follow this link...

jgoss Recipes

Anyone else care to share? Submit your recipes and I will get them posted.
Thanks!

Kabooma

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2013
Eastern PA
Just wanted to chime in on how awesome it is for you to put together that site. I'm going to critique the site pretty hard now, but don't take it to heart- I really want it to be successful and here's how I think it will be:

I will reiterate what others have said as far as uniformity.. Us DIY'ers absolutely depend on flavor profiles being divisible into 100 (100%). A lot of the recipes I've viewed say 30% flavor, then add up to odd numbers like a total of 63 drops.. 7 of this, 8 of that, etc.. It's confounding and frustrating. Not to mention that most people tend to create flavors at 20% or less total flavoring, and many recipes I've seen on your site seem to hinge on 30% flavoring, which seems excessive. Just my opinion.

Would also be nice to be able to sort recipes by flavor concentrate manufacturer, I use LorAnn only, and would only follow recipes that use those flavors. I found plenty on your site, which is great, but also had to wade through a lot that weren't.

Like I said, just suggestions, but I guarantee your site would be better if you could implement them. As far as making the recipes mass-exportable, I wouldn't. A web site is a business, and you want people to visit regularly, not download a file and never come back :)

Good luck, I will be visiting often regardless!

mottlycrw

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Wisconsin
Just wanted to chime in on how awesome it is for you to put together that site. I'm going to critique the site pretty hard now, but don't take it to heart- I really want it to be successful and here's how I think it will be:

I will reiterate what others have said as far as uniformity.. Us DIY'ers absolutely depend on flavor profiles being divisible into 100 (100%). A lot of the recipes I've viewed say 30% flavor, then add up to odd numbers like a total of 63 drops.. 7 of this, 8 of that, etc.. It's confounding and frustrating. Not to mention that most people tend to create flavors at 20% or less total flavoring, and many recipes I've seen on your site seem to hinge on 30% flavoring, which seems excessive. Just my opinion.

Would also be nice to be able to sort recipes by flavor concentrate manufacturer, I use LorAnn only, and would only follow recipes that use those flavors. I found plenty on your site, which is great, but also had to wade through a lot that weren't.

Like I said, just suggestions, but I guarantee your site would be better if you could implement them. As far as making the recipes mass-exportable, I wouldn't. A web site is a business, and you want people to visit regularly, not download a file and never come back :)

Good luck, I will be visiting often regardless!

Great Suggestions... I feel your pain on the non-uniformity. I will see what I can do to get at least all new entries converted into percentages that add up to 100% total.

As far as the flavorings go, you can go to the search page and enter "Lorann" and see what comes up. I know some recipes use the abbreviations for the flavor manufacturer as well. Like PA, FA, LA, etc. Maybe I can add that to the top of the search page in the tips?

Keep the suggestions coming folks, I do value everybody's opinions greatly! After all... like the header says... "By the people, for the people of the vaping community" :)

I will also try to convert some of the existing recipes as time allows.
Thanks folks!

Last edited:

jgoss

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
United States
I just wanted to say "THANKS" to jgoss for submitting some REALLY TASTY recipes so far on the site. I have tried a couple of the recipes and must say, they are very good. If you want to see a list of jgoss recipes so far follow this link...

jgoss Recipes

Anyone else care to share? Submit your recipes and I will get them posted.
Thanks!

Thanks for the shout out!! I hope others enjoy them as much as I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread