New DNA40 Devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlakeMcC1990

Feb 4, 2015
United Kingdom
Hi ECF!

I wanted to share my thoughts on new devices using the Evolv DNA40 chip.
I know there are multiple new devices being made with a DNA40 chip, however I'm focussing on two devices. As most of us know Evolv are to release their DNA200 chip. And basically what I'm writing about is companies that really should of waited for availability of this chip.

11032331_433265456848786_1959456034689278291_o__87360.1431396273.1280.1280.jpg

Vicious Ant - Evolution Mod.

Vicious Ant are known for producing one of if not the most powerful device in the vaping world known as the Variant, which has 260W of power, and also the Variant TI, which has 350W of power.

So Vicious Ant has recently made their Evolution Mod which uses the DNA40 chip. Now a Vicious Ant product with a DNA40 chip sounded flawless and defiantly worth a purchase in my opinion! But my problem with the matter is 40W is not that much power! I mean it will work great on .5 builds but that's more or less the lowest a build can go with that amount of power! This will make a lot of people happy that prefer .5 builds, but there are more Vicious Ant users that are more into the cloud chasing type of vaping, and most of their products are made to support super low builds.

My question is, why not wait until the DNA200 chip is available and use it in the Evolution Mod? Now that device would be best of the best regulated device! There are also many questions surrounding this topic. Why not use their own 260W or 350W in the Evolution Mod? I know the Evolv DNA chips are one of the best to have in your device, but will Vicious Ant use the DNA200 chip in a updated version of the Evolution Mod?

one_5_large.jpg

Hana Modz - One Mod.

As most of us know, Hana Modz are well known for using the DNA30 and DNA40 chip. Again this is fine for .5 builds and the devices themselves work great! A lot of people are happy with them. However a lot of people moved away from these for more powerful devices, for example: Sigelei 100W and 150W, IPV3, Tesla 120W. The Evolv DNA chip is a lot better than any of the chips in those devices, however I think there is a difference between 40W and 100W no matter what chip is used.

Anyway regarding to the Hana Modz - One Mod. After success of their previous devices, I would of thought they would of stepped up the power option due to power increase in many devices being made today! I mean I personally wouldn't buy this Mod because it won't properly power Aspires .3 coil, and I couldn't build a .3 or lower in an RDA/RTA so is there any point of me owning this? I would of thought the design team of Hana Modz would of sat down and thought okay! Asmodus have a 200W in their SnowWolf, Sigelei have a 150W in their device. I know! Let's make this device one to please everybody and use Evolv's 200W chip.

I'm sure the companies have reasons as to why those decisions were made. But I think these new devices should of had options for every style of vaper!

Please share your own thoughts and opinions on the topic!:)

Thank you for reading!:)

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
Hers's why.

90% of vapers do not blow clouds or do high powered vaping. If all mods were made for 200 watts and above these manufacturers would be ignoring 90% of the potential market. What we read and see here on ECF is not at all representative of real world vaping. We only represent 10% of all vapers. If the manufacturers only built for us they would be missing a huge part of the market.

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
You make some good points. I wonder as well but don't have the answers.

The vape world is changing everyday. 40w would prolly suit me fine, for now at least, but outside of tootle puffing ECF watts sell.

At work when I'm in the vaping area, formerly the smoking area back when people still smoked, everyday people are getting more and more watts. 6 Months ago it wasn't unheard of to see an E-go or spinner. Now the boyz are all rockin 70+ watts with TC and so on.

In another six months 200 maybe the new norm. Personally I still think 40-50w mods are still relevent but I may be falling by the wayside.

I'm not opposed to 200w mind you. Prolly get one next time just so I'm caught up.

BlakeMcC1990

Feb 4, 2015
United Kingdom
I use the Asmodus SnowWolf 200W. Due to the power, I have enough for casual vaping in the Nautilus, and that extra power for sub ohm vaping .5/.3 and even more power for cloud chasing, .1 and lower. I can achieve three styles of vaping in one device.

I know everyone's different but I think companies these days should head towards making a device for every vaping style.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
I'm also good with 40. With a fairly efficient atty and the right build you can't do any better no matter how high you go for flavor. If you're into clouds then yes, you'll want more power.

Accuracy, build quality, size, battery life and price matter most to me. I know I could meet my lower power requirements with the DNA 200 with plenty left over but the board is bigger and the battery requirements are different so it's going to need a larger format, not to mention the difference in price compared to the DNA 40.

For me I'm just trilled to see choices which there are plenty of either way and to imply that a company is behind the times or standing still just because they aren't making every device capable of competing in a wattage race isn't the right way of thinking. Should the auto industry stop making smaller fuel efficient vehicles because we can buy sports car capable of 0-60 in under 3 seconds? If someone wants a mod with more power, buy it.

One thing to remember is the consumer controls the industry. I can guarantee they won't bother to design and release a pv that they don't think will sell no matter what wattage it's capable of. Consumers vote with their wallet, if a design isn't selling it'll be replaced by one that will or the company won't be in business very long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread