New member - Hello - And sorry if this has been covered - Carrying eGo Style E-cig

Status
Not open for further replies.

MethodMandrill

Feb 28, 2012
London, UK
Hello All,

New (as of Saturday) vapor. Going very well, for the first time in my life I'm confident I'm not going to smoke any more tobacco.

I've had a look around and can't find this covered. Sorry if it has been, or if it's so blantant I should have just worked it out!

Until now, I've been carrying my e-cigs (2 of them, this kind - Premium eGo Style Starter Kit - 900mAh - ECig Wizard) around fully connected (the battery connected to the atomiser)... but I worried I shouldn't be doing this. Is it ok to do? Or should I be disconnecting it all and reconnecting every time I want to vape?

and another question, if I may...

Is there a decent pocket sized carry case for the above? The best suggestion I can find online is just an Altoid mints tin. Is there nothing else that will fit in my pocket?

Thanks in advance, all.

ctourtelot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2009
Richmond, VA

MethodMandrill

Feb 28, 2012
London, UK
Hello MethodMandrill and welcome to the forum.

There are several options for carrying Egos. If I'm going to be out for awhile, I will take something like this Tornado Zipped Carry Case - Black, Red and Light Blue
If I'm only going to be out for a couple of hours, I use one of these http://www.walmart.com/ip/Case-Logic-Ultra-Compact-Camera-Case/14118871

And for a quick run out, I just put mine on a lanyard eGo Lanyard with Ring Clip

Thanks. The lanyard looks interesting. That suggests it's safe to keep the eGo fully connected (battery to atomiser) then? Is that correct?

And good thinking about the camera case... although a little worried even that would be a little bulky in my pocket. The search goes on!

MethodMandrill

Feb 28, 2012
London, UK
I was thinking that a locking ring came with the kit.. Allowing you to carry without worry of activating the device.
Afraid not indo...

Is it safe to say then that's not wise to keep it connected in my pocket? Is that just to ensure the button doesn't press itself in my pocket and activate it?

Apologies for the billions of (probably pretty obvious) questions!

ctourtelot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2009
Richmond, VA
The little camera case has a clip on it. I clip it to my purse strap. My son also uses one and he clips it to a belt loop. There aren't many pocket friendly cases for the ego due to it's size in general.

I always keep the one I'm using assembled and keep a spare battery and a couple cartos in the camera case.

If you do keep it in your pocket, the locking ring would probably be a good idea. Also a lot of the newer Ego's come with a build in locking feature. You click the button 5 times to lock it and click again 5 times to unlock it.

MethodMandrill

Feb 28, 2012
London, UK
The little camera case has a clip on it. I clip it to my purse strap. My son also uses one and he clips it to a belt loop. There aren't many pocket friendly cases for the ego due to it's size in general.

I always keep the one I'm using assembled and keep a spare battery and a couple cartos in the camera case.

If you do keep it in your pocket, the locking ring would probably be a good idea. Also a lot of the newer Ego's come with a build in locking feature. You click the button 5 times to lock it and click again 5 times to unlock it.
Interesting! You'd think they'd tell me this in the instruction booklet! I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

Hi MethodMandrill! Welcome to ECF!

I carry my eGo on me connected. I have not had any problems yet. I did find a case to carry it in, one of the MagLite flash light cases you clip to your belt. I think it was for the medium MagLite size, not the smaller ones. Hope this helps you out.

Welcome to Vaping!
Thanks, and thanks!

cags

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
east TN
well, you have already learned that you should never throw anything away :)

if you do get more cartridgges, don't buy too many ...most people here are going to tell you to use cartos. (but I don't like them)

I carry my PVs around connected up, it would aggravate me if I had to put them together all the time. there is a button protector you can get... here is a picture and description...

Joye EGO Button Protector

well, you have already learned that you should never throw anything away :)

if you do get more cartridgges, don't buy too many ...most people here are going to tell you to use cartos. (but I don't like them)

I carry my PVs around connected up, it would aggravate me if I had to put them together all the time. there is a button protector you can get... here is a picture and description...

Joye EGO Button Protector

That would be ideal. Struggling to find a UK stockist though, sadly.

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
Until now, I've been carrying my e-cigs (2 of them, this kind - Premium eGo Style Starter Kit - 900mAh - ECig Wizard) around fully connected (the battery connected to the atomiser)... but I worried I shouldn't be doing this. Is it ok to do? Or should I be disconnecting it all and reconnecting every time I want to vape?

I can't imagine taking it all apart and putting it all together every time I wanted to vape. Far too much trouble, and I can't think of any good reason to do that.

Is there a decent pocket sized carry case for the above? The best suggestion I can find online is just an Altoid mints tin. Is there nothing else that will fit in my pocket?

Sometimes I have a pocket, sometimes not. When I starrted, I was using an eGo very similar to what you have, and I ordered one of these.

e-Cig Lanyard Black

I got rid of the lanyard, and put a small carabiner on it. That let me easily attach it to a belt loop when I wanted my hands free, and easily remove it when I wanted to vape or whatever. And it would still go in a pocket if that's what I wanted to do.

The pouch itself was the right size to hold my 1000 mah eGo battery with a cartomizer or ego tank or whatever attached. I could vape with it still in the case, or I could easily remove it from the case. It worked well for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread