New member looking for suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayviator

Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Astoria, Oregon
Hi all!
I'm not new to vapeing, but new to the forum. I've been a lurker for a while though. So, I started with a lavatube and I'm using a Vamo V2 now. I love the options of vw/vv. I definitly plan on getting a Provari in the future. I've used everything from Vivi Nova tanks, to EVOD atomizer, to Dual coil Cartos. Right now I'm primarily using the Kanger Protank 2 and SmokTech dual coil Cartos. I'm happy with both, but I wouldn't mind trying something new. I may like other things better, but I'm hesitant to drop the coin when I might not like it. I use a 24mg nic 70/30 vg/pg juice. Any suggestions on a good way to go from here?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The vibe I'm getting from your post is you are looking for a different juice delivery attachment, yes? You won't notice much difference in vape by using a different mod, until you finally get that Provari. But then again, the difference in vape in a Vamo and a Provari will be subtle. Mostly in consistancy from the beginning of the battery until its finished with no voltage drop off like most other mods.

I didn't see you mention the iClear clearomizers. You already mentioned dual coil cartomizers as a current favorite. The iClear 16 and iClear 30 clearos are dual top-coiled with 16 wicks. I'm normally not impressed with clearo performance, but I've been using the iClear 30's for over a month and definitely impressed.

iClear30.jpg Innokin iClear 30 clearomizer.

I also didn't see mention of you trying a cartotank yet. Cartotanks have been my go-to juice delivery attachment for well over a year. They provide the best flavor of the more common delivery attachments short of dripping and an RBA/RDA.

IBTanked pyrex cartotank on a Vamo

Last edited:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Welcome. Glad you decided to post. You sound like you have a plan in place. I am a provari owner myself, bought them when they first were made available. And they are still going strong. Send them back just to upgrade to the newer version(inside).
I use carto-tanks mostly. The flavor is stronger and better than the Protank 2(at least to me). I have 2 Protank2's and just as the flavor really starts to get close to the carto-tanks, it is time to clean.
Just my 2 cents.

:)

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
The vibe I'm getting from your post is you are looking for a different juice delivery attachment, yes? You won't notice much difference in vape by using a different mod, until you finally get that Provari. But then again, the difference in vape in a Vamo and a Provari will be subtle. Mostly in consistancy from the beginning of the battery until its finished with no voltage drop off like most other mods.

I didn't see you mention the iClear clearomizers. You already mentioned dual coil cartomizers as a current favorite. The iClear 16 and iClear 30 clearos are dual top-coiled with 16 wicks. I'm normally not impressed with clearo performance, but I've been using the iClear 30's for over a month and definitely impressed.

View attachment 252412 Innokin iClear 30 clearomizer.

I also didn't see mention of you trying a cartotank yet. This has been my go-to juice delivery attachment for well over a year. They provide the best flavor of the more common delivery attachments short of dripping and an RBA/RDA.

IBTanked pyrex cartotank on a Vamo
HOLY SMOKES that tank is crazy!!!!

Monolith_03.jpg

Bwaaaaaaaaah BWAAAAAAAAAH BWAAAAAAAAAH BWAH BWAH, BOHM BOHM BOHM BOHM

Sheriff420

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
NC
You already know about the EVOD (one of the best I've used for thicker juice) and you're using the protank 2 which I've heard is as good if not a little better than the EVOD so I can't help you there. I use a EVOD on my Tesla VV at about 4 volts with cake from Copper Creek in it but that is only when I'm at home because that Tesla is a monster (as big as a Lavatube).
My go to is an eGo-C B-type because it's been the most reliable out of everything I've tried. The only problem I've had with them is after a couple weeks the hit will get restricted a bit and the flavor will start getting a little weak but after an atomizer change it's as good as new.
I had a lot of trouble out of those Smoktech dual coil cartomizers flooding when they were in a tank so I left those behind many moons ago. The Smoktech mega dual coil cartomizers were great but when they started going bad I lost a lot of juice since they hold about 4ml.

I might be able to help with the juice, where do you get yours? If you don't get it from Copper Creek then you're missing out. My primary flavor is Blueberry in 60/40-PG/VG, When that stuff is fairly fresh it tastes just like Smuckers blueberry syrup. Their cake, house blend, chocolate chip cookie, irish cream, blackberry and banana are all good too.

Last edited:

hiitsvtec88

Feb 1, 2013
the hood
Once you try out adripper rda or rba, you probably won't be touching your evods and protank much like I have. I actually haven't used my vv and cartos since due to flavor and vapor production. Whatever you feel comfortable that doesn't break the bank has my vote though. Just remember to look up reviews before hand.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

nicetucu

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
Salem, Oregon
I just cleaned and filled an iclear30 tonight with some gorilla juice. It gives some great flavor, but also uses juice quickly (maybe because of all the wicks). I used them as I started to wean myself off cigarettes months ago. They really give you a good pull and with a dual top coil is a nice warm vape as well.

You may still have to do a twirl once in a while. I think it's a great choice as well. I also use carto tanks, but they are a bit more fiddly.

Laythor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2013
San Jose, CA
I've been using my nimbus lately with a single coil. 1.7 ohms and swapping out cotton wicks with a short piece of silica under the coil. Gives great vapor and flavor and takes all of a minute to thread in a new piece of cotton and silica when i want to switch flavors. Any RDA would work for this and it's nice to sit at my desk or couch at home with a couple of flavors to try out through the night :)

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I have pretty much retired my carto tanks and my top coil clearos--I love the Kanger BCC line. I use T3S (I love the baby t3s) and the mini ProTank 2 on my eGo class batteries and the ProTank 2 on my APVs, mostly. Once in a while I grab a carto tank, but I somehow always go back to the Kangers. They are just so user friendly--and no polyfill in sight! :)

Jayviator

Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Astoria, Oregon
Thanks everyone for the replies!
A new delivery device is exactly what I'm looking for. I think I'll stay with my MOD for now. I have been really interested in Clearomizers, but I was hesitant. I think I'll give it a shot. Are the iClear 30s pocket friendly? If not, it's not a big deal. I will just use it at home and roll with something else at work. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread