New to vaping. Want to upgrade.... but what to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosswick

Verified Member
Sep 30, 2013
So..

I'm about a month into the vaping game (and quitting smoking game ;]). I LOVE my Halo G6, but the battery and mini tank for it just don't last before I have to refill or switch batteries.

I've been looking to upgrade. I've thought about the following:

VAMO V3
iTaste SVD
...or dropping some cash and going with a Provari Mini

I hear that the Provari is very durable and will last, though I don't know if I want to drop double what I would on the others.

Tank(s) I'm looking at
Kanger ProTank 2

I'm open to suggestions on either, seeing as I've done so much research and reading so many reviews I may have forgotten some things I've looked at. Though I know I will always still actively use my G6. I just don't see the larger vapes as very mobile, or at least to a bar. I also do know there is no "perfect" vape, but I was just looking for input. :]

Thank you guys and I'm loving this forum so far! There have been a lot of VERY informative people!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I'll also suggest the iTaste MVP - Innokin MVP iTaste Kit - AltSmoke

I had a MVP v1 which is currently out on loan to a friend; I loved it. Up to 3 days on a charge; can be vaped while charging. Size of a large cell phone, very pocket friendly. I carried mine in a front pants pocket with either a Kanger Protank or Innokin iClear 16 or 30 clearomizer. Great deal for $50, these are popular for beginners and advanced vapors alike.

Innokin_iTaste_MVP.jpg MVP V2.jpg

Last edited:

fabricator4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Mackay, Qld. Australia
Also check out the iTaste VV V3. VV and VW in a fairly portable form factor and low cost. I have one on the way and it will probably replace one of my VV Ego twists for out and about.

I use a Vamo when I'm home, usually. It is also VV and VW.

The Provari is a piece of precision engineering which the Vamo is NOT. It also doesn't have VW which may or may not be important to you.

I bought the Vamo V2 because at $32 tube only, I knew it would not break my heart if lost or stolen. It also let me see what new developments in APVs came about and let me take my time about spending more money on something.

I'm still looking, and the stuff that's available just keeps getting more diverse and better.

Other devices you really should look at are the Sigelei Zmax and the iTaste SVD. There's also things like the MVP that was mentioned, and Box mods such as the bottom fed Reo which is on my "must have" list.

My advice: Keep the costs down for now until you are sure what you want to really spend your money on. Your tastes and requirements will likely change over time.

Last edited:

bosswick

Verified Member
Sep 30, 2013
As I thought there'd be, a lot of varying input. I will definitely look into the ones that have been mentioned that I haven't already while I have some down time at work tomorrow! Probably looking to put in an order later this week. :]

edit: I do also appreciate the more mobile vapes mentioned! This might lead to both an on the go and at home/friend's double vape order, haha.

wishnibfishn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2013
Corpus Christi, Texas, USA
I have done a lot of research on the equipment that is available. An invaluable resource is Phil Busardo with tastemyjuice.com. He does video reviews on equipment and posts them on Youtube. He is the reason I purchased a Vamo V4. The V4 if the newest version. I found a very reasonably priced unit at Welcome to FreE-Cigs.com - Live Free. This company is in the US, they will answer the phone if you have questions, and are very helpful.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
You can consider the Silver Bullet from AltSmoke. It's a mechanical mod that is built like a tank, comes in about a dozen colors, and uses an 18650 battery that will last over a day. These are also popular with a Kick, a drop-in processor module which can turn the SB into a regulated mod. This can help keep your vaping experience to remain consistant despite a battery's gradual drop off in voltage as it is being used, and also offers the same built-in safety features that a regulated mod has against battery/atomizer shorts.

Silver Bullet with AGA T2.jpg clear&frosted-tank-1.jpg Silver Bullet and Kick.jpg silver bullet and 3.5ml DCT tank.jpg

Last edited:

Ainokea

Verified Member
Mar 11, 2010
Washington
Also remember when you "upgrade" you also upgrade with accessories. Batteries, Chargers, cases, coils, driptips, etc.... There's also a lot of different juices and vendors to try that you might find you like more than what you have now. The MVP v2 is a good choice because you don't have to worry about extra batteries or a mod rolling off the table. Also it's a micro-usb charger so it may have the same plug that you use for your cell phone. If you really don't want a box mod you can get a Smoketech SID or Innokin SVD, then with the extra money you save you can get several batteries and chargers.

Trev1

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2013
CT/NYC
You're right were you need to be bro I started with egos and cartos then went to tanks and now use MMs and VV/VM devices only except when blowing clouds in the work bathroom...my advice ...

Grab a vamo V3 or V4 and a protank 2 or mini 2 v2 they are the easiest intro to VV and tanks
...then try a carto tank..the svd is also a better looking mod but can be tricking with clicks and off ohm readings BUT should be your next mod after the vamo....then look into MMs and RBAs if you're a serious lifelong vapor..

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
Zmax or vape-pro if you want a tube mod. Vape-pro is practically the same thing, but lighter, and it feels thinner than smoktek zmax. Haven't had any issues with, even with dropping it on concrete at least twice. I haven't used anything but the vape-pro for 3months. If I built coils less than what I do, I would've gotten a provari, but everyone I know with one loves it. It's easy to become a fan of any reliable PV. Repair on provape stuff is by far the quickest and cheapest.

Box shape I second the MVP2.0.. It's really solid, and it seems odd shaped, until you hold and use one.

I suggest getting a bottom fed tank before you look into bottom feeding mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread