Newbie (Mis)Adventures

Status
Not open for further replies.

vernhall

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
United States
Lord, but I wish I'd found this Forum before diving into the e-Cig World! Have been trying to quit smoking for years and e-Cigs sounded like a good way to go. So I got my first 'kit', after trying a couple disposables (Blu & No 7's) and liking them.

Bought the first kit from a local 'Smoke' Shop based on the clerk's suggestion -- it was the high-end No. 7's stick-type. Very very soon tired of it -- short battery life, high cost of carts, lack of instructions, etc. Tried refilling a few carts, but the result was far less than satisfactory. Even bought some blank carts and a pair of atomizers from them, but the result there was also far less than what I'd hoped.

So, the next setup I tried was the Tsunami twin setup. I think an e-Go/CE4 based system. Worked fine, but still not quite what I really wanted, So on to the 3rd setup -- the Apollo "Superior eGo" kit. Same basic setup as the Tsunami, but just 'felt' right. Picked up a couple spare batteries and an extra USB charger so I'd always have one charged up and ready to go when the need arose.

Since then the mis-adventures have continued, but in a good way I think. The No. 7's were, I thought, based on how they looked a 808 based system. But, nope, couldn't be that easy -- must be a 'custom' connection because the 808 didn't work. So, now I have an 808 battery that needs company, and I order a clearomizer for it (and also pick up a 510 battery and a few clearomizers plus charger, etc) so it doesn't just sit around gathering dust.

I use the 808 and 510 -- both having far smaller capacity clearomizers for 'testing' different juices rather than filling up the Apollo. Works great for me having my fave juice in the Apollo and juice(s) of the day in the 510 and 808 to sample when I feel like it... :)

T41CK

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2011
Taylors Falls, Minnesota
It is all a learning experience really... I started out with 808 but soon roved the eGo and then to mods that have removable batteries. I guess the main thing I was concerned about when starting to vape was that I wanted my first setup to mimic a real cig but soon realized that bigger ecigs or mods are the way forward.Glad you are having a swell time in the world of ecigs

If you have any questions about anything at all then ask, everyone one here is very helpful and should be able to help and assist you with in the hour... Good luck on your adventure

zom3icide

Feb 7, 2013
Oklahoma
i started off with this really crappy brand called CleanCig. I got their menthol and it tasted like peppermint. I liked it, and it was so much less hassle. So from there I switched to Blu. After developing what i would call the vaping addiction, i realized that the battery power wasn't enough to support my old pack a day habit. so i grabbed a bloog maxx fusion, which i still use sometimes. I upgraded again to the innokin itaste vv and that's where i am now with a vision v2 clearomizer. I've been looking into mods that use batteries with a little bit more sexiness. haha.

juggernautxtr

Feb 4, 2013
AZ
possibly a 4081,i started off on a 4081,century smoke 21, I was later disapointed after buying 6 of the batts to keep the flow coming, then i found the BIG ego's 950mah 3.7 volts constantly on rotation(2pad).
now i am on a bolt a second one coming as a back up and waiting to buy a couple others(evic and a vamo).
it's all a learning curve to find YOUR VAPE PREFERENCE. it can take some time to find what you like and don't likebut don't let it get you down you will find that vape that knocks your socks off and you will never look at an analog the same way ever again. 2 years vaping and i can tell when i an around a smoker, i can no longer stand the smell of them or even the taste.

vaping is the pursuit of hapiness

maustypsu

Verified Member
Feb 4, 2013
North Carolina
That makes me glad I didn't buy the first one a clerk tried to sell me. I was really close but thought I would do a few more disposables and some research. Good thing because I like a very different vape than what I think most people do from what I've read here and seen on youtube. I may have given up. Glad you didn't. Also glad you found us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread