Newbie Question: Should I steep e-liquid from HHV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

supermarket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Near Atlanta, Georgia, US of A
I'm new to vaping, one week in. Last week I got 2 ego twist batteries, 5 cartos, and an EVOD BCC.

The 2 liquid I got I didn't steep, and they weren't made to order or anything so I don't think it mattered.

Heather's Heavenly Vapes I think makes the e-liquid to order? Do I need to steep?

They just came in the mail today, and right now I have them steeping. Is there a certain period of time they HAVE to steep before I can enjoy them?

Or can I go ahead and start vaping, while letting them steep and they'll just get better?

help me!
Thanks guys,
super

Exile

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
Dallas,Tx

supermarket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Try them and if you love them, vape them. If not, put them up for a week or so and try them again. You didn't say what you got, but their NETs are more likely to need steeping than the simpler flavors.

Oh, sorry. Another newbie question, what are NETs?

I got 30ml of Blueberry Muffin , 70/30 PG/VG, 15mg nicotine
Mocha Java Smooth, 15ml, 15mg nicotine, 60/40 PG/VG
Pirate's Booty, just 6ml, 18mg nicotine, 70/30 PG VG

CarbonThief

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
NET= Naturally Extracted Tobacco. Meaning these are not synthetic, lab-made tobacco flavors, but flavor infused by various methods using real tobacco(s) to create a typically wonderful, rich, and complex tobacco vape. HHV tobaccos, with a few exceptions (like Heavenly tobacco for instance) are NETs. Legend, Serendipity, Dragonsfire, Sludge, Jiggy, Shadow, all NETs, to name a few.

VAPN STUF

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
Oh, sorry. Another newbie question, what are NETs?

I got 30ml of Blueberry Muffin , 70/30 PG/VG, 15mg nicotine
Mocha Java Smooth, 15ml, 15mg nicotine, 60/40 PG/VG
Pirate's Booty, just 6ml, 18mg nicotine, 70/30 PG VG

I recently got some Java as well and couldn't stand it, so I'm giving it a week or so before I try it again.

supermarket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
I recently got some Java as well and couldn't stand it, so I'm giving it a week or so before I try it again.

Well, I'm not going to try any of the three I got, at least for 3 days or so. I know it would probably be a good idea to try BEFORE I steep, so I have an idea beforehand and can adjust accordingly, but Im gonna wait for my kanger protank and new evod bcc to get here first (should be soon).

I have to say, when I took the cap off the mocha java one, it made my whole room smell like it;.....and I have a HUGE room downstairs where i keep my vape stuff. Hehe.

unquiet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
Philly
Try them and if you love them, vape them. If not, put them up for a week or so and try them again. You didn't say what you got, but their NETs are more likely to need steeping than the simpler flavors.

This is my overall experience w. HHV. The sweet/coffee/desert flavors pretty much are what they are right out of the mailbox. The NETs I've tried (Legend, Shadow) need at least a couple weeks (maybe more, but I'm not that patient) to really come together.

skyztheLynnit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
I love my Pro Tank & have been using a lot less cartos as of late. Try it the way it is and if it hits a bit harsh, remove 1 of the wicks. I always take one out & works great.

I have to slow down & stop acting like everyday is Christmas!
But to contradict myself, how is the Evod?
Wasn't directed to me but..i absolutely love my EVOD.. i vape like a freight train.. only some slight gurgling but nothing a blow through into a paper towel won't solve.
is the protank as airy as I've been reading?

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
Well, I'm not going to try any of the three I got, at least for 3 days or so. I know it would probably be a good idea to try BEFORE I steep, so I have an idea beforehand and can adjust accordingly, but Im gonna wait for my kanger protank and new evod bcc to get here first (should be soon).

I have to say, when I took the cap off the mocha java one, it made my whole room smell like it;.....and I have a HUGE room downstairs where i keep my vape stuff. Hehe.

Since I got my EVODs and my ProTank, My BCCs are collecting dust...

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
Wasn't directed to me but..i absolutely love my EVOD.. i vape like a freight train.. only some slight gurgling but nothing a blow through into a paper towel won't solve.

I have found using the beauty ring that comes with it instead of the topper for my eVic makes the draw much richer. I simply love my ProTank. I am still using my EVODs, too, but the ProTank is better.

VAPN STUF

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2013
Los Angeles, CA

It is a little airy, but it honestly doesn't bother me the slightest. My smoketech carto tank is pretty much retired now. I read a few posts on this forum that some people block the holes at the bottom to make it less airy. I'm in the freight train club and I love this thing. I would give it a try since there are ways to work around the airiness, but you may not find the need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread