Steeping info needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

whyycharles

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2013
NYC
Hi, just started vaping since last week. Got a few orders that just came in and needed some steeping info. Any info will be much appreiated!

How long do i need to steep juices from

alien Vision E juice
Heathers Heavenly Vapors
Alice in Vapeland
Virgin Vapors

yes i know i ordered a lot in a week lol. Spent about $200 in samples bottles from each of these four vendors.

THANKS!

Teacup36

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
California
no you don't need to leave the cap off for a week. most say 1-2 days cap off then back on and steep and shake daily although AiV did say 10 minutes a day no cap then recap and shake. another vender says same 10 minutes a day off then recap and shake. you're going to find all kinds of answers :) although with virgin vapors i have had to leave cap off 1-2 weeks and then wait another 3-4 weeks for the chemical taste to die off.

XfooYen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2012
SoCal
do i need to leave the cap and top off while i store for a week?

The general rule of thumb is if the juice is made to order rather than in batches, when you receive it, take caps and drippers off and leave it to sit for about 2 full days shaking periodically. After the initial two days, place the caps and drippers back on and give them about a week to steep. Shake them every day. Don't expose them to excessive heat or direct sunlight. A warm, dark room is best. Steeping in too cold of an environment can make the process go very slow. The only exception to the above recommendation is if your juice contains absolutely no alcohol in the ingredients. If that's the case, then it's not necessary to take the caps off. Frequent daily shaking and short exposure to air should help things along. Different juices and your taste are the variables here. If it tastes good enough to vape, THEN VAPE IT. Check (taste) your steeping liquids periodically in that first week. Some juices are good to go after a few days. Some pop (in a good way) after a month.

alegria

Moved On
Nov 8, 2012
Sydney - Australia
With AiV I have noticed a substantial improvement in the bakery and citrus flavors by leaving the caps off for a day or two at least. Any longer than that I would not reccomend. Another week in a dark cupboard and shaking them whenever you remember and vape on!

I have only tried a handful of HHV and they also benefited from that - these however seemed to benefit from a longer capped steeping period after that. Mine are now about a month old and seemed to have improved drastically.

Keep sampeling them along the way to find your own peak for future reference!

whyycharles

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2013
NYC
Which AiV juices did you get? Some of them need steeping - others are great right out of the mailbox.

I would drip a bit of each regardless so you can understand the evolution of the liquid.

i got boba, hype, strawberry cooler, very berry blue, dreamberry, sweet tart, craveloupe, straw cheesecake, blue cheesecake and brawny blue woops this is ave

for aiv i got the everything sample pack

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread