Newbie questions about Volt model

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwsimiskey

Aug 22, 2012
Utah, USA
I personally got used to the size/weight difference pretty quickly. In my 5 days so far, I took one of my wife's analogs for a drag or two (which made me sick btw) and it felt very strange and tasted nasty! I am so done with hot ash and tar. In looking for comparisons in nicotine between e-cigs and analogs I read that for every cigarette I smoked I was getting around 1.2mg of nicotine AND 26mg of tar and ash... Wait what!?! That much really? Ya that's what it said. So in my 5 days from 50-60 smokes a day to none (I am not going to count my 2 drags yesterday) I have avoided... 6500mg of tar and ash in my lungs. Thats at 50/day!
Ya, I am SO, never smoking again! Besides even if I get an e-liquid I don't like, it's still gonna taste better than that.
Good luck. I am waiting on my volt to arrive, and I probably could have done much more reading about it before ordering, but I was in a hurry. I have heard since, that I made a good choice. Good luck and keep up the good work, you'll do great!

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
Well, I am just trying to give this poster options since they seem to want something as close as possible to the diameter of a real cig. I am not into "brand pushing". The Volt is a good ecig, but they are not unique and there are many regulated KR808D-1 ecigs available, but this person wants something as close as possible to the size of a real cig.
It was the OP that first mentioned Volt, so there is no “brand pushing” involved here. In fact Volt is mentioned in the thread title. I thought it responsible to point out some VERY significant differences and deficiencies the alternative items you mentioned have in respect to the Volt.

You are correct that the SI Volt is not the only cig-sized battery that is sealed and has a voltage regulated output. Bloog and a couple of others have these features but the vast majority don’t and to my knowledge when discounts are factored in they are more expensive. In my opinion voltage regulation and being sealed are significant features to look for when considering a purchase. If you can find one that meets that criteria and is priced competitively go for it.

TTK

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2011
Johnson City, TN
You are correct that the SI Volt is not the only cig-sized battery that is sealed and has a voltage regulated output. Bloog and a couple of others have these features but the vast majority don’t and to my knowledge when discounts are factored in they are more expensive. .

Let's see how accurate your assertion is regarding cost of like units.
1. Volt Pro $ 64.95 - 15% using discount code = $ 55 rounded to nearest dollar
2. Bloog Maxx Fusion w/PCC kit = $49.95 - 10% Discount code = $ 44 rounded to nearest dollar.

Did that improve your knowledge regarding cost?

Last edited:

TTK

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2011
Johnson City, TN
I started my journey of vaping with a Volt kit.

You are locked into using 808 cartridges with Volt. As I said I quit by using a volt. However, I soon graduated to a 510 upgraded battery and now use mainly drip tips instead of cartridges now.

You are with any 808 kit, except possibly with the X2, if what I read above from kiwivap is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread