Smokeless Image VOLT 65mm or 78mm

Status
Not open for further replies.

haft2doit

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
erie, PA
Ok, so I just wanted to clarify a few things.

1) Pre-filled or fill my own? I have no idea how to fill my own. How long do the pre-filled last?
2) What is the difference in vaping experience between manual and automatic?
3) Which kit do you feel is the best to buy?
4) Car charger, needed?

1) fill your own. Your cost will be huge if you just buy prefilled. If hassle free is more important buy prefilled. If you don't want to spend three time more per month fill your own. I have used the cartos smokelesimage sells and I get maybe an hour of fairly consistent vaping out of one before it needs to be topped off. The thing about filler cartos is you will never get all of the juice to the coil. Once the saturation in the filler is down to a certain point it will start to burn. refilling is nearly an absolute must. Just give a prefilled 5 pack a try and get a small bottle of juice from madvapes or some other vendor in the suppliers list here on ecf. Then you can practice refilling and see how you like the overall experience. There are many other cartomizer options available.
2) the feel and operation is a little different. I like both. Auto's give a nice cig like experience and the manuals give more control. Manuals can go off in a pocket and auto's will not. Auto's can be damaged by juice in the switch manuals have a sealed battery. just get one of each and find out what you like better.
3)Volt is a great starter kit. It is a bit pricey when compared to others but not too bad at all. If you want an analog looking form factor get the volt. If you want a battery that will last you all day, look into an ego kit which will cost about the same.
4) Not strictly needed but YES! Nothing worse then being out of the house with dead batteries. Well except running out of juice... or dropping your pv in a toilet... ect...

Bottom line I think the volt would be a great way to start vaping. Give the prefilled cartos a try and see how you like them. Get a small bottle of juice so you can do some refilling. See how it goes for a week, and ask a lot of questions. Good luck

madmartyr72

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2011
IN
WARNING! The Smokeless General has determined that the Volt is known to cause pure vaping bliss in most states, and could lead to other addictions such as (but not limited to), buying different color batteries just because, overstocking on blank cartos, and hounding Imagine here on ECF for hints on upcoming accessories! ;)

Seriously though, the Volt is awesome. I use the 65mm bats and I get about 3 hours give or take before I need to recharge. I am a moderate vaper and a filled carto lasts me around 5-6ish hours before I can tell they are starting to go empty. The only prefilled juice I have tried from SI is the 555 at 18mg and I loved it! I am currently waiting for SI to begin stocking bottles bigger than 10ml before I order some more. IMO, buy the blank cartos and fill them yourself. BTW, SI has some of the best customer service I have ever had with any company, period!

starsong

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
SoCal
What thread is on a Volt? 510?

To me, the Biggest factor is not the battery. It's what can I screw onto the battery.

It would be awfull hard for Me to buy anything that didn't have a 510 thread.

It's a KR808-d1. But you can get an adapter if needed.

As for the To Use Prefilled or Fill Your Own debate, I do a little of each. Sometimes I just don't want to be bothered with the refilling so I grab a prefilled. But filling your own is certainly more economical and allows you to try a wide variety of juices out in the world. My preference is for a 78mm auto battery. I like the size, it will last me 5-6 hours and I don't like pushing a button (didn't have to push one to smoke). But I realize manuals have their benefits. But I'm careful about refilling, so haven't killed one yet.

haft2doit

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
erie, PA
Ok so I filled and took the first vape at 8:47. Vaped until it until it is very dry and has lost flavor 10:05. stopped at 44 drags. The 808 battery i'm using has a 5 second cutoff. So each drag was 5 seconds. I could probably push it to 55 or a little more but it would ruin the carto and I'd have to throw it out. So for me between 45 and 50, 5 second puffs is what I get before I have to refill. So your mileage may vary. I wouldn't vape this so much at once so it might last me half a day if I wasn't chain vaping. Just wanted to give you an idea of how long a volt carto may last you on a fill. Depending on your vaping habits it could cost you $2-$8 a day in cartos if you don't buy juice to refill

haft2doit

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
erie, PA
The cartos don't leak unless overfilled. Like any filler carto once the filler is completely saturated it can't hold any more and it will leak out of the bottom. I fill until this happens and blow the excess gently out the bottom. These leak no more or less than any other filler carto. They work pretty well for a few days just like other filler cartos. They don't seem to burn as easy as say a boge carto. The flavor is good and the resistance is great for the mini 808's. I use mainly xl clearomizers on other devices and use the volt pcc and cartos as a light vaping solution when carrying larger devices is a hassle.

almost2asian

Jul 12, 2011
Laurel, MD
So I went with the Volt Premium Kit with all the accessories. I didn't mind spending the extra money as long as I get my money's worth. I also have an iPOD charger that can be used to with the USB cord, so I didn't need the car charger.

Here's the run down of what I got:

In the kit I picked a 78mm manual and 78mm automatic, as well as an extra automatic.

It came with 2 five packs of cartomizers, I picked the RY4 flavor. I got 2 extra five packs, one watermelon, and one desert joe. How many times can the cartomizers be filled again?

Does this sound like I'm headed in the right direction?

zerominusone

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2011
in your house
Get the Volt. If I didn't already have an e-cig (I love my KR808D-1), I'd go with the Volt. And the bigger manual batteries (they'll last longer between charges). I got 10 prefilled with my kit and didn't even finish 'em all before I started buying blank cartomizers and liquids that I thought would taste better. Keep topping 'em off until they don't taste good any more. I just got a Boge cartomizer an put some Tennessee Cured in it three days ago. Been topping it off for three days now. They're disposable and WAY cheaper than analogs so toss 'em or save up a ton of 'em and clean 'em all at once.

Last edited:

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2009
Raven's Haven, Indiana
So I went with the Volt Premium Kit with all the accessories. I didn't mind spending the extra money as long as I get my money's worth. I also have an iPOD charger that can be used to with the USB cord, so I didn't need the car charger.

In the kit I picked a 78mm manual and 78mm automatic, as well as an extra automatic.

It came with 2 five packs of cartomizers, I picked the RY4 flavor. I got 2 extra five packs, one watermelon, and one desert joe. How many times can the cartomizers be filled again?

Sounds like you made a wise choice! Someday, you've gotta try the grape. It's the best!!

My main vape lately is a Bloog (same as a Volt). I don't dig charging batteries all the time. So I ordered the 102mm autos. They last me not quite the whole day, but a big chunk of the day.

I use a cartomizer for several days. Really, each cart is ever-so-slightly different. Also depends on the juice you put in. I start off with prefilled. Then I top off frequently throughout the day with my own juice.

Another thing: I pull the end cap off (at the mouth end). I don't need it. I think it improves the draw rather much. Plus makes dripping into it awfully easy. I really like the Bloog/Volt/whatever you want to call it.

evilfrog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
portland OR
Yeah good choice. I often prefer then manuals.... they seem to vape a little better. But the autos are nice when driving so you can go hands free. Best of both worlds to get both!
Horizontal coil cartos can be refilled many times, but there is a wide variance due to liquid viscosity, flavoring composition, and build quality of the particular carto. Using a single horizontal carto of this size all day every day I'd expect to get a little less then a week with a light colored thin liquid (I go through at least 5ml/day). A more average user might get ten days/carto.

Oh, and if you pull the cap off like mentioned above, I'd put a drip tip on the end to prevent stuff from getting in there, and liquid from shooting into your mouth.

madmartyr72

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2011
IN

Good choice on the Volt! I have found that my cartos last differently depending on what I fill in them. My main vape is Boba's Bounty which is a dark juice and is also 100% VG. I am getting about a week give or take out of a carto before it starts to go bad and I toss it away. My secondary juices are all light juices with at least 50% VG still, but I have been vaping Hype (another light juice from avejuice that is 10/90 PG VG) using the same carto now for going on 3 weeks with no performance hit. So far in my experiences, the Volt cartos seem to like the light juices much more.

I have tried to clean my used cartos multiple times now using the boiling/baking method, but I have never had much luck doing that (maybe you would). The blanks are cheap enough and the shipping from SI is fast enough that once a carto stops preforming I just throw them out. My suggestion to you if you would like to get the most longevity out of your cartos, is to buy blanks and fill them yourself. I know SI is currently out of stock on blank cartos, but they restock quickly enough.

Last edited:

Meddog

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2011
Houston
If you have an Iphone.. AT&T sells an Iphone car charger that has an extra slot for charging a USB device.. works awesome on my ego.. so I'm sure it will also charge my volt when I do get it

Completely totally works.
and to weigh in on the rest of the issues: I buy prefilled grape and blanks. I refill the grape carts with the grape from smokeless image. That's my go to, all day vape. I fill the blank ones with whatever else sounds good. I have a usb hub that holds four batteries at a time. Each battery (68mm) lasts me about 2 1/2 hours, but because I usually buy a new battery whenever I order cartos, (at $13 they cost about two packs of analogs) so I have collected about 6 of them. I refill and refill and refill... I can run about 30 ml of juice through a cart before I have chewed through the end. (I don't know, don't ask)
I have never had anything leak as long as I don't overfill. I like autos.
My ego hasn't been touched in about two months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread