Newbie user with a few questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

siap

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2009
KY, USA
Hi all! I JUST got my new 510 in the mail a couple hours ago. I'm SO excited! I do have a few questions, though. First, Does the PCC have to charge for 8 hours, too? Also, can I kill two birds with one stone and charge the PPC with a 510 battery at the same time for the first charge? (I hope that makes sense.) Lastly, can someone give me a quick breakdown on the lights on the PCC? The instructions are terrible. Thanks for any info anyone has!

Twister

ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2009
Conley, GA
Hi all! I JUST got my new 510 in the mail a couple hours ago. I'm SO excited! I do have a few questions, though. First, Does the PCC have to charge for 8 hours, too? Also, can I kill two birds with one stone and charge the PPC with a 510 battery at the same time for the first charge? (I hope that makes sense.) Lastly, can someone give me a quick breakdown on the lights on the PCC? The instructions are terrible. Thanks for any info anyone has!

I almost always have a bat in the PCC when I charge the PCC.

top and middle light are red only or off. bottom light is red or green or off.
bottom light red when PCC plugged in and charging
bottom light green when PCC plugged in and fully charged - bottom light will go out when PCC is unplugged from power source.
Middle light lit means PCC is too low on power to charge 510 bat.
top light lit means 510 bat is weak and being charged - top light goes out when 510 bat is charged.

I think I typed this right. Hope it makes sense to you. Enjoy!

lady9ball

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2009
Iowa
IMO just charge the battery till the light turns green. That's how I did it, and all batteries still work normally after nearly 6 weeks. Just don't be alarmed when they need recharging after an hour or so - that's just the nature of the 510 battery.

You can and will need to refill the stock carts. The ones that come with really don't do the unit justice. After you get used to things a bit, you'll want to try a different filler because the stuff that's in there just doesn't work that good. I highly recommend the PTB mod - see the modders forum, cartridge sub-forum and search for the video.

Happy vaping! Remember, the atty won't work that great at first, but give it time!

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
you can refill the ones that came with it several times or a few days. get some poly batting at walmart that they stuff pillows with. same stuff thats in carts. You can also use Liption pyramid teabag too if you like. do a search on forum for tea bags to see how.

the poly in the carts do not last indefinately nor do the teabags.

Or you can drip onto the atty and use blank carts or tailpipe it without the cart.

AS far as the pcc. I would think you can cgarge the batty and the pcc at the same time. Lights, not sure..

siap

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2009
KY, USA
I almost always have a bat in the PCC when I charge the PCC.

top and middle light are red only or off. bottom light is red or green or off.
bottom light red when PCC plugged in and charging
bottom light green when PCC plugged in and fully charged - bottom light will go out when PCC is unplugged from power source.
Middle light lit means PCC is too low on power to charge 510 bat.
top light lit means 510 bat is weak and being charged - top light goes out when 510 bat is charged.

I think I typed this right. Hope it makes sense to you. Enjoy!

Thanks to all that replied, very helpful. Do I have to worry about the cartridge leaking while I carry the 510 around in my pocket (vertically)?

kardjunkie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2009
Chillicothe, Ohio
Thanks to all that replied, very helpful. Do I have to worry about the cartridge leaking while I carry the 510 around in my pocket (vertically)?

I carry my in my pocket all the time and never really had a problem of leaking, button gets clicked and powers the atty. I don't pack around a full cart though, top it off, vape on it for awhile then put back in my pocket then top it off again when I go to use it again.

lady9ball

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2009
Iowa
I don't want to overwhelm you with info, but here's a PTB mod that looks very promising and I am going to try it shortly.

I have already tried a couple of variations and am currently vaping one cart with a whole PTB rolled and folded, and one cart with 1/2 PTB shredded. The shredded wicks very well and lasts a long time, but leaks easily and I get a mouthful of juice every now and then. The full PTB mod works well too, but top-offs take 5-6 drops vs. topping off with 10+ drops w/ the shredded (maybe that's because a lot of it leaked out!)

Anyway, here's the latest incarnation that looks like it would work very well....

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/cartridge-mods/34401-ptb-plug-full-510-cart.html

I think you'll find that once you figure out the idiosyncracies of your atomizer, that the cart mod you choose will make the biggest difference... which is why I seem to be harping on it. :) Oh, and if you decide to try this, the Pyramid Tea Bags are a little hard to spot on the store shelves but keep looking, they're there somewhere! (they are Lipton brand)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread