Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahomey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Illinois
Hi Folks, :unsure:

I'm new here -- just joined today. Waiting for my first starter kit to arrive in the mail. I ordered this:

• 1 x joyetech eGo-C Starter Kit 1000mAh
  • 1 x Banana Nut Bread E juice Baker Vapor
    (Nicotine Strength: 24 mg/ml (Strong), Blend: PG 80% VG 20% (House Blend), Bottle Size: 15 ml, Extra Flavoring Shot (.25 cents per shot): 2)
I have a bunch of questions but have been looking on this site (and finding great answers, too!). However, I still struggle with learning some of the jargon. Here's my question: a friend told me that I should keep my juice "wet." I really don't know what this means. Can someone explain this?

Little background: I've smoked "analogs" for almost 40 years and am ready to quit. Never tried vaping before so this'll be my first time. I can hardly wait for my kit to arrive

Thanks

Last edited:
I'm a noob too! And I would also like to find the answer to this. Been vaping for a month and never heard the phrase before. E-juice is a liquid so I thought it was naturally wet, it doesn't make sense.....

Keeping the atty coil wet I know about. Steeping certain e-juices I know about. But not this.

Hope you enjoy the ego-c. I didn't get on with it but a lot of people did.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Since you didn't mention which eGo kit your getting and didn't provide a link of the starter kit, its a little more difficult to provide advice. What we need to know is what kind of juice delivery device comes with the kit. Cartomizer? Clearomizer?

dctank-cartomizer.jpg
Cartomizers are a metal tube that has a cotton-like material known as the polyfill. This must remain relatively moist to insure that the heating coils have liquid to heat into vapor; if not, the polyfill becomes burnt resulting in a burnt taste and the carto can be ruined.

Don't allow any liquid to get into the center air hole while filling with liquid. I put a wooden tooth pick in the hole while filling until the polyfill looks moist like a slushy drink. When you start to taste a little burning, the polyfill is getting dry and you will need to add more liquid.

clearomizer.jpg
Clearomizers are clear tank-like structures that have string wicks that draw the e-liquid into the heating coil. These wicks must remain "wet" or the same burnt taste can occur with them. Try turning your battery horizontal every few vapes as the fluid goes down in the clearo to insure the wicks stay wet.

Last edited:

Dahomey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Illinois
Last edited:

Dahomey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Illinois
Someone suggested that in addition to my starter kit and e-liquid, that I also purchase this: Joyetech eGo-C / eCab / eRoll atomizer Head 5 pack. I found a vendor that carries this 5-pack. I guess I'll buy this just to be safe. I'm still looking for help in figuring out which cartomizers to purchase?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Kazou

Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
Duvall, WA, USA
The kit you ordered comes with 5 heads already so you will be good for a while.
I would suggest that you keep reading and take in some more information before buying additional hardware right away. The Ego-C system is a decent tank system but as it was suggested, the replaceable part (atomizer heads) are the expensive part at around $4 each.

James at Mt Baker (great juices btw) also sells clearomizers (Smoketek redux) with replaceable heads for $2. Lots of people recommends (so do I) the Vision Mini Vivi-Nova for the Ego.

Congrats on your jump to ecig. Hope you enjoy the journey.

tiforever

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2013
A-town, TN
As another noob, the only way we learn is to keep asking questions. Very helpful info Kazou. Just when I think I have my hardware figured out....I read another thread. I can see most people on here are trying to help us noobs save (not waste) money. I'm starting to figure out it's all a matter of personal preference. As for me, I have already learned not to order "too much" of one thing until I'm convinced I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread