Not open for further replies.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
@Rossum I'm not the one that asked but I would like to know where I should try to obtain a reasonably prided good nic to stockpile. I've been buying from MFS. Is there someplace better that doesn't require SS#and selfies?
I just received some nic from VT that I ordered this weekend. No fuss in the checkout process, but I've had an account in their store for a couple of years, so I'm not certain it would be as straightforward for a new customer.

Plettschner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2013
CT
Do you just need some nic to mix, or are you planning to stockpile?

How important is price?

Both. Need some to mix and some to squirrel away.

Quality is more important than price... however, I don't have money just falling out of my arsh.

Sent from Uranus using Tapatalk

TJVapes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2010
USA
I just received some nic from VT that I ordered this weekend. No fuss in the checkout process, but I've had an account in their store for a couple of years, so I'm not certain it would be as straightforward for a new customer.

Sorry, who does VT stand for? I've been off the forums for a long time. I'm figuring a lot of these abbreviations out but still a bit slow :unsure:

Reactions: kas122461

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I'm looking for a nic vendor.

@Rossum I'm not the one that asked but I would like to know where I should try to obtain a reasonably prided good nic to stockpile. I've been buying from MFS. Is there someplace better that doesn't require SS#and selfies?

I like Nude Nicotine. They offer high quality nic, wide variety of bottle sizes, concentrations and diluents, including nic bottled for long-term storage. And they offer a generous free sample (new customers only).

Nicotine Sample Request - Nude Nicotine

If you want to know which vendors offer hassle-free age verification methods, I suggest you subscribe to the thread linked below. The list of vendors was started and is being updated often by our fellow ECF member @tmcase --extremely helpful when shopping online.

I didn't know where to post this so if it is in the wrong place please move to the appropriate forum.

As you all know age verification is being required on a lot of site already. There will be more to come. [Removed at OPs request] I went to ecig.com and went through checkout and got a page that said my order was accepted. Then another page popped up saying I needed to send them a photo ID. They took my money but held my order until I sent a pic photo ID/driver's license. There's no way in hell that I'm going to do that and risk identity theft. I called and cancelled my order and told them to refund my money.

What ...... me off as much as requiring a photo id was the fact that I wasted so much time shopping and checking out just to find out I couldn't shop with them. So I'm starting this thread in the hopes that others will post their experience with online vendors age verification, if any, so we don't waste time shopping with them if their requirements are unacceptable to us.

Thanks for your co-operation in this matter.

Vendor Age Verification Procedure List

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I like Nude Nicotine. They offer high quality nic, wide variety of bottle sizes, concentrations and diluents, including nic bottled for long-term storage.
Yep. They were also the "winner" for cleanest nic in the blind test about 100-120 pages back in this thread. As a result, almost all of my stockpile is their Armor V1.

As far as I can see, the only drawback is price. Lots of people aren't willing to pay $160 for a liter (eight 125ml argon-purged glass bottles) of freezer-ready nic. But since that's 2-1/2 or even 3 years of nic for me and I used to spend almost $100 a week on cigs, it didn't bother me at all. :)

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
As far as I can see, the only drawback is price.

Yeah, I forgot the price. I only buy NN nic when it's on sale, usually on Black Friday--30% off. And since I buy only 500 ml at a time (Armor, small bottles), I never even noticed how expensive it was. :facepalm:

LeeLee26

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2016
Hatfield , Kentucky
I've stored NicSelect 12mg/ml in both PG and VG base at room temp in a dark closet for a year with no problem. The nic comes in a while plastic container and I emptied them over time as I used them. Never noticed a change in flavor or throat hit really.
I do plan on storing nic in glass bottles in the freezer from now on though, due to the massive quantities I bought. At my current rate of consumption I bought enough for 10+ yrs.
The 3 ltrs of 100mg/ml I recently bought is from Heartlandvapes. Seems to have little if any taste or smell and low/medium th.
I think heartlandvapes Is who will get my business from now on

TJVapes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2010
USA
Comparing so far I have decided to stay with my freedom smokes, but if naked nic has a sale, I would definitely add some assuming no hoops at check out. I really like the ease of website use for the few vendors I've been dealing with. I can't understand why any would choose the ridiculous route off age verification through selfies and SS. I''ll definitely subscribe to that thread. Thank you all!

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Yeah, I forgot the price. I only buy NN nic when it's on sale, usually on Black Friday--30% off. And since I buy only 500 ml at a time (Armor, small bottles), I never even noticed how expensive it was. :facepalm:
There are a couple of vendors out there with even higher prices. Both were included in the bind test about half way back in this thread. I wanted to find out if it was worth it to spend more on my stockpile, 'cause if it was, I would have. It wasn't.

If it wan't for the freezer-ready (argon-purged glass) packaging that NN offers, I'd probably go with VT, or perhaps WL or HL.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
The Nude Nic sounds like a great product. Pricing seems reasonable for a high quality item.
Yes, particularly for long-term stockpiling, I think there are some real advantages to it over any other vendor's offering.

However, glass bottles are more prone to breakage in transit than plastic is. Out of more than a dozen shipments I've gotten from them over the years, I only had that problem one time. It was clearly their fault (the bottles were not packed appropriately for glass) and they replaced the entire order despite only 2 out 8 having arrived broken.

The other catch with them as a vendor is: They're probably not the vendor of choice if you're in a hurry for your nic. That's never been an issue for me personally, but I know it is for some people.

Note: Only their "Armor V1" and "Armor V2" come packaged in glass. V1 is argon-purged, while V2 is vacuum packed.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
So sorry about the broken bottles, Rossum, but all's well that ends well, right? :)

My shipments arrive promptly and undamaged, but I'm very close to them.

Anyway, for me, the convenience of having my nicotine (concentration and diluent of my choice) portioned neatly in small (125 ml) amber glass bottles ready for freezer can't be beat. :)

YMMV

Last edited:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
So sorry about the broken bottles, Rossum, but all's well that ends well, right? :)
Why should you be sorry? You're not the fool that packed them. But I suspect the guy who did pack them was sorry when Jake got done with him. :laugh:

Anyway, for me, the convenience of having my nicotine (concentration and diluent of my choice) portioned neatly in small (125 ml) amber glass bottles ready for freezer can't be beat. :)
For me too. Since it was made good, I did not let that incident deter me from ordering more from them, right to the point when I was confident that my stash was sufficient to last me for the rest of my life. :D

Reactions: B2L and Katya
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread