Non-smoker vapper

Status
Not open for further replies.

tribe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Northern VA
taking into what everybody has said and good points all around. heres what i can offer you in experiance wether its right or wrong. my wife hated me somking. she hated smokers. it was constant fight between us. then i got turned on to vaping and she loved that it didn't stink up the house and car. that it even smelled nice. she tried it a couple of time and loved the tasted but didn't like the head rush she got from nicotine. so we ordered some 0mg nic juices. now not only do we not fight about me smoking but it has given us something to bond, socalize over and we both really enjoy. she wouldn't give up her pv as much as i wouldn't give up mine. and she has no desire what so ever to put any nicotine in any of her juices. she has her case and i have mine.

Hi; It would be interesting for me to know if your wife as a non smoker experiences any symptom or feels any type of consequence of vaping! We smokers feel 100% better with the switch; I was wondering how about non smokers

Cheers!

reckless

Apr 23, 2012
new jersey
Hi; It would be interesting for me to know if your wife as a non smoker experiences any symptom or feels any type of consequence of vaping! We smokers feel 100% better with the switch; I was wondering how about non smokers

Cheers!

hello this is nicole the wife, to your question ,absolutly none, i'm very athlectic and run three to seven miles many times a week. i used to take a drag of my husbands cigarettes (only if i was drinking) and they used to hurt my chest and i could feel it when i ran the next day. i don't get any of that from vaping. i don't feel any negitive consequences at all. even after a big night with the friends over and i would vape more then normal. i don't vape all the time like my husband does, he's addicted to nicotine and i'm not. i only vape for occations when we have friends over that vape and occationally doring the day. but i do vape atleast twice every day.i've been vaping for six months now. hope this helps

tribe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Northern VA
hello this is nicole the wife, to your question ,absolutly none, i'm very athlectic and run three to seven miles many times a week. i used to take a drag of my husbands cigarettes (only if i was drinking) and they used to hurt my chest and i could feel it when i ran the next day. i don't get any of that from vaping. i don't feel any negitive consequences at all. even after a big night with the friends over and i would vape more then normal. i don't vape all the time like my husband does, he's addicted to nicotine and i'm not. i only vape for occations when we have friends over that vape and occationally doring the day. but i do vape atleast twice every day.i've been vaping for six months now. hope this helps

It helps a lot Nicole! Thank you for taking the time :)

I'm trying to get my wife and her sister to vape. They are "non smokers"... They quit cigarettes over 20 years ago, BUT, lately they discovered the Hookah and with another friend of theirs and also my daughter they get together on weekends and sometimes during the week too. Hookah is very nice for a get together and I see they enjoy it a lot with chit-chat and a few glasses of wine. It really is nice... but I don't like the charcoal breathing part. I wish they would make a big ... electronic Hookah!

Cheers

dumwaldo

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2009
New York
i agree very much with what recidivus had to say. i believe adults should have the right to make decisions for themselves. if they choose to make informed decisions that is their option and if they choose to make uninformed decisions that is their prerogative. i dont want my right to vape taken away, far be it from me to take it away from someone else just because they do not have prior smoking experience. adults should be able to make decisions for themselves.

since mike put this out there and asked for opinions, i would like to offer one. i was a smoker for twenty plus years and i have been a vaper for over 3 years now. i have no doubt in my mind that the health effects of vaping as opposed to smoking are orders of magnitude lesser. i can feel that. i could feel it a few weeks after i stopped smoking. vaping is without a doubt in my mind, far better than smoking cigarettes. however, making a comparison to breathing air is another story.

i wont say much about the nicotine aspect as i really believe it is over played. yes it is physically addictive but it takes only 72 hours to detoxify from a physical nicotine addiction. what has all of us stuck to our PV's is the mental addiction. if it were not for the mental addiction we could all kick nicotine over a long weekend.

what i will point out is the fifteen to twenty percent of unknown that happens when someone picks up a PV and takes a puff. we know about the PG and VG that makes up the bulk of the liquid, we know thats safe. we know about the minimal percentage of nicotine in that liquid, we know it is bad but we know what the risks are. in between that glycerin and nicotine resides a big unknown though. fifteen to twenty percent of the liquids we vape are flavorings.

granted, the flavorings used in ecigs are generally assumed to be flavors that are approved for ingestion through your digestive system and even if that assumption is indeed correct, it still does not provide assurance that contaminants that are considered harmful are not in liquids. as an example, flavorings including the component diacetyl are regarded as safe for digestive ingestion but harmful for inhaled ingestion. perhaps there are other components like that being used in liquids and we will discover that down the road somewhere.

vapers have a general attitude that vaping is safe and its fine that we vape pretty much anything that is put out there without question of what is in it but that's because even the worst possible scenario of liquid is still many times better than smoking cigarettes. the same can not be said for just breathing air.

if you really take the time to gather all the information and pay attention to the gaping holes in the information, i think it becomes clear the prudent decision is to not do it. but if you want to, i support your right make that choice.

DW

Tanya612

Verified Member
Jun 24, 2012
Dayton, OH
Well put DW!! why expose yourself to something that was not fully proven to be safe, yeah if you are a smoker it is a much safer alternative we suppose!! But if you are not a smoker It does not make a lot of sense!!

And yet people choose to smoke tobacco for the first time every day, knowing the risks of health and addiction. I don't understand that.

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
south Bay Area, California
www.facebook.com
i wont say much about the nicotine aspect as i really believe it is over played. yes it is physically addictive but it takes only 72 hours to detoxify from a physical nicotine addiction. what has all of us stuck to our PV's is the mental addiction. if it were not for the mental addiction we could all kick nicotine over a long weekend.
DW
The problem is that nicotine is good for some people. (And, it still is a vasoconstrictor and speeds up one's heart, so, yes, it is NOT good for some people.) Some of the people that can't quit, it's not because of a nicotine addiction, it is because of a nicontine need. There are some medical studies soemwhere, but I'll be late for work if I look for them.

Love the rest of your post though.

Tramd

ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2012
canada
I'm a non smoker turning vapor. Let me clarify that, compared to smokers I'm not a smoker, I smoke cigarettes very casually. Maybe 1 or 2 a day and dislike them for the most part. Been on this for years now so no I don't believe ill ever really be addicted to nicotine, I don't have much of an addictive personality.

However, I am loving vaping. Currently have 12mg carts and am experimenting with something higher to give a better nic rush. I think you'll be fine, especially vaping non nic juices. I don't think you'll converted anyone though, I also think it's going to be hard for you to get use to smoking something if it does nothing for you.

Mostly what appeals to me is the customization that's available. There is a .... load to it and I'm always reading about new products and juices that are coming out. Good luck with your dive into it.

dumwaldo

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2009
New York
Vape your head off if you want. Listen... If it's 0 nic it's basically 0 health risk. Heck...The only info you can find about VG/PG Vapor risk is that it may help prevent the cold or flu.. Sounds terrible huh.
you ever put some really tasty cinnamon flavored liquid into a tank only to find the next day the liquid clouded over the inside of the plastic tank or it made the plastic crack or something like that? you ever wonder what causes that? you ever wonder if thats safe to vape?

just askin :)

VapiCide

Apr 24, 2012
New England
you ever put some really tasty cinnamon flavored liquid into a tank only to find the next day the liquid clouded over the inside of the plastic tank or it made the plastic crack or something like that? you ever wonder what causes that? you ever wonder if thats safe to vape?

just askin :)

True. Flavorings can certainly be an unknown component in some cases. But if you go down that path you might as well compare it to drinking sugary soda or alcohol. Certainly everyone knows it's not "good" for you. But highly unlikely to cause cancer at the rate analog cigs do.

recidivus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2012
Canada
www.youtube.com
you ever wonder what causes that? you ever wonder if thats safe to vape?

nope, but now I know:

Triacetin is the common thing that is breaking the plastic (doing what it should, softens plastics).
http://www.inchem.org/documents/sids/sids/102761.pdf
(b) Remarks: Glycerol triacetate appears to be innocuous when swallowed, inhaled or in
contact with the skin, but may cause slight irritation to sensitive
individuals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread