E-liquids for non-smokers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a non smoker, and I just want to "produce" smokes for some magic reason. I am not planning to inhale any of the smokes that are being produced by the e-cigarette just in case, but to make it extra safe, I am going to purchase a nicotine-free one.

Since I am a non smoker and am not planning to inhale anything, I do not mind what the flavor is, so under these conditions, which product would be the best for me?

Are there any e-cigarettes that can produce smokes just with water, so produce water vapors? That would be the ideal one for me I think.. If the water vapor thing is not possible, could you recommend me which one would be the "least unhealthy" product for me? :D

Thank you in advance!

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
It sounds like you want to simulate smoking for some type of performance? I'm guessing as to what you mean by "magic reason".

I think you can do this with some vegetable glycerin maybe adding about 5 to 10% distilled water.

Straight water alone won't work well.

Or you mean you just want to do this on a whim? Well, no one can tell you with 100% certainty that any type of vapor will prove to be completely harmless in the long term

Last edited:
I am going to use it for performances - yes, and ONLY for performances.
I will just have the smoke in my mouth and let it out, so I won't probably inhale, or even if I do, it would be the minimum amount. If I get a nicotine-free one and try not to inhale it, I think I will be fine, but I just wanted to know if there are any better ways out there.

To SueGeo, does that mean if I mix vegetable glycerin with 5-10% distilled water, I can get smoke out of it? Is the smoke visible in that case? Also, I would like to know why you suggested me the vegetable glycerine one instead of nicotine free one. Is nicotine free e-cigarettes still harmful to you in some ways?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Typical e-liquid is a mix of propylene glycol (pg) and vegetable glycerin (vg). These liquids can be in any ratio imaginable, including 100% of one or the other. Pg is better known to be the better flavor carrier, and vg the better vapor producer.

Vegetable glycerin is available at pharmacies and is unflavored. This most likely would suit your specific purpose.

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
A ready made 0 nicotine e-cigarette will contain a mixture of Propylene glycol and Vegteblae Glycerin and some flavoring. Vegtable Glycerine by itself will produce more "smoke" vapor. It's rather thick, that why I suggested adding some distilled water.

A store bought e-cigarette with 0 nicotine is probably quite safe, especially for short term use, but you said you wanted maximum vapor and no flavor, that's why I suggested a do it yourself mixture.

I keep hedging a bit on the safety issue, because e-cigs haven't been around long enough for anyone to know for sure if any problems will become evident in the future. Most of us are comfortable enough with the safety issue to keep using them.

Thank you all so much for your replies! Now I think I have an idea of what is going on in the e-liquid!
I didn't see any one who had any problems using e-cigarettes personally, and since I will probably inhale only 1/100th of the amount e-cigarette smokers will inhale, I don't think I will have much problem!

I will experiment with the VG + water thing. I think the thicker the smoke, the better it would be since it's more visible, but I will play around with it and see how it goes.

I have two more questions that I would like to ask.

1. Does it also smell like cigarettes?
2. If VG and water is THE ONLY THING that is in the e-liquid, what is the potential problem? Is the VG the problem? I just did a quick research on it and I am quite sure it is, but I am just wondering.

jSquared

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
London, UK
I have two more questions that I would like to ask.

1. Does it also smell like cigarettes?
2. If VG and water is THE ONLY THING that is in the e-liquid, what is the potential problem? Is the VG the problem? I just did a quick research on it and I am quite sure it is, but I am just wondering.

Oh, and one more thing:

If e-liquid is made of PG and VG, where does the nicotine come from?

It won't smell like cigarettes. No e-liquid, no matter how it's made, smells like cigarettes. The smell we associate with smoking traditional cigarettes comes from burning paper and tobacco. There is no combustion with e-cigarettes and, therefore, there is no smell.

The risks of vaping unflavoured zero nicotine e-liquid are likely to be minimal. However, there is not enough research into the long term effects of vaping to be absolutely certain. To answer your question: yes - the risk does come from the process of vapourising the e-liquid (be it PG or VG).

Finally, if the e-liquid is made of only PG/VG (and flavourings), there is no nicotine. If you are mixing your own e-liquid, you would have to add the nicotine yourself.

JJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread