Noob needs help filling tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike_S

Sep 16, 2012
Charlotte, NC
I just got my tank kit in the mail yesterday and I'm having trouble filling them. I was told that the tip on my bottles is small enough to fill the tanks, and I believe that's true. However, every time I gently squeeze the bottle, it looks like the tank begins to fill, then it all drips out the bottom. Or maybe the sides? I can't really tell.

I've already wasted half of a 10mL bottle. There's a paper towel in my hands that's almost completely saturated in liquid and my hands are all sticky.

Can someone take a look at this photo and let me know if I'm doing this right? Hopefully noobs can post photos.

titanTankSystem.jpg

I was instructed to:
1. Remove the silicone cap from the bottom of the tank.
2. Fill the tank with liquid.
3. Screw the atomizer into the e-cig.
4. Firmly press tank into atomizer.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mike_S

Sep 16, 2012
Charlotte, NC
901t is used on 808 but that looks about the same thing for 510. Only remove the base piece{semi circle part} the squarish end is the mouthpiece. Where is it leaking from?

Oh, dang. Then I think I'm using it upside down? I've been trying to fill it from the end with the small hole. Then the large hole is what's pressed down into the atomizer.

Buggs5347

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Arizona
Okay, I think I found what you have on the Totally Wicked site. They look a lot like the joyetech tanks. You probably can pop the cap off the bottom of the cart with a small thin screw driver or edge of a knife, if not you may need to get a blunt tip needle cap or a syringe to fill them, which is the easiest. Then, when it is full, you need to turn the battery and cone/atomizer part upside down'ish and push and twist the tank/cartridge into the cone/atomizer, so it goes far enough in.

Buggs5347

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Arizona
In post number 6 the pic in the bottom right corner shows the bottom cap which you need to remove to re-fill, then replace it and stick it on the atty. I THINK!

:vapor:

Yep, now looking at the OP, it looks like they are trying to fill it from the mouthpiece end. I think you are correct. The pic on the bottom right corner of post 6 is the bottom end which is usually the fill end on those tank type cartridges.

Mike_S

Sep 16, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Do you have a seperate atty or is it built into that?

I bought the atomizer at the same time that I bought the tank kit. The Torpedo came with a drip tip type atomizer that was ~5 mm taller.

Looks like the small hole may be mouthpiece

That's what the CS rep said when I called them. It's shaped more like a mouth piece, unlike the other end.

I started on a 901t a long time ago, it had no directions with it and I dumped half a bottle on me trying to figure it out.

Yeah, it's frustrating. This whole e-cig thing has been frustrating. :)

I just noticed where the liquid is leaking out at. There are two small "slits" on either side of the tank. As soon as I squeeze the bottle, it leaks out there. The end with the large hole looks like it's sealed off. The atomizer must puncture it when when they're pressed together?

The arrow is pointing at the slit.
tankHole.jpg

hollyd

Apr 21, 2012
Caldwell
I bought the atomizer at the same time that I bought the tank kit. The Torpedo came with a drip tip type atomizer that was ~5 mm taller.

That's what the CS rep said when I called them. It's shaped more like a mouth piece, unlike the other end.

Yeah, it's frustrating. This whole e-cig thing has been frustrating. :)

I just noticed where the liquid is leaking out at. There are two small "slits" on either side of the tank. As soon as I squeeze the bottle, it leaks out there. The end with the large hole looks like it's sealed off. The atomizer must puncture it when when they're pressed together?

The arrow is pointing at the slit.
tankHole.jpg
Wow! That's like the craziest looking tank thingy I've ever seen! I was thinking DCT... :confused: Or even a vivi tank...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread