not much vapor

Status
Not open for further replies.

asharp22

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
USA
Ok so I have the Joye 510, and there just doesn't seem to be much vapor coming out. I have a great juice with lots of flavor, but there isn't much smoke. Why? Is it the juice? Is it the Joye 510?

Atty is very clean, brand new, primed and ready.

is there a modification to this without having to direct drip on the atty that will make more 'smoke' come out?

thanks! still a noob here!:shock:

Last edited:

Dillan

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2009
Southern California
A few basic points;

1) New atty will generally perform better than old - you've got that covered.
2) Fully charged battery performs better than weak - probably got that covered too

Other than that, the pull is a bit different than a combustion cig - I'm sure you've noticed that already, but there are a few things to try. You might try a slow direct lung inhale (personally I don't usually do these often, but I find it far easier with an ecig compared to an analog - far milder on the throat). One other thing is you might try adding a little VG to your juice; VG seems to produce a more visible vapor than PG does, at least for me. I find a 20% VG / 80% PG ratio works well for me; I might go even higher with the VG, but my VG is just 0 nic flavorless, so the only reason to add it is the extra vapor and changing the viscosity of the fluid a bit. (my base juices are a mixture of high nic and 0 nic flavored juice from TastyVapor, which I mix to get the strength I want)

That said, there's also a sweet spot for atty moisture. If it's too wet, even if it's below the gurgling stage, I find the vapor production weak. If it's too dry, you risk burning the atty out and getting too hot/burning taste or smell. Keeping it in the sweet spot takes practice and might require adjustments to the cartridge, or (yes) going to the drip method.

asharp22

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
USA
A few basic points;

1) New atty will generally perform better than old - you've got that covered.
2) Fully charged battery performs better than weak - probably got that covered too

Other than that, the pull is a bit different than a combustion cig - I'm sure you've noticed that already, but there are a few things to try. You might try a slow direct lung inhale (personally I don't usually do these often, but I find it far easier with an ecig compared to an analog - far milder on the throat). One other thing is you might try adding a little VG to your juice; VG seems to produce a more visible vapor than PG does, at least for me. I find a 20% VG / 80% PG ratio works well for me; I might go even higher with the VG, but my VG is just 0 nic flavorless, so the only reason to add it is the extra vapor and changing the viscosity of the fluid a bit. (my base juices are a mixture of high nic and 0 nic flavored juice from TastyVapor, which I mix to get the strength I want)

That said, there's also a sweet spot for atty moisture. If it's too wet, even if it's below the gurgling stage, I find the vapor production weak. If it's too dry, you risk burning the atty out and getting too hot/burning taste or smell. Keeping it in the sweet spot takes practice and might require adjustments to the cartridge, or (yes) going to the drip method.

So I am just about ready to place a new order for new juice, as my trials came from my mother who went crazy ordering... should I order 100% VG if I want more vapor?

what is the difference of PG vs VG?

asharp22

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
USA
I'm using carts. But I drip on the atty to prime it with a new flavor.

I've tried short puffs, long puffs, deep inhaling, not inhaling, puffing in and blowing out real wuick to get it started.... and I fail. almost zero vapor. I'm getting really frustrated with it. and that upsets me more because I love vaping. and I was very excited about the Joye 510.

so its not the Joye 510 that's the problem, it's the liquid? is that what you guys are saying?

thorn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
TX, USA
Once I realized I had flooded my atty, I blew it out onto a paper towel, then vaped it and got a little more vapor. After a few more days, I realized this may not be the case...turns out I was REALLY flooding my atty. Took off the cart and watched it heat up vapor for 10 seconds or so and stuck on a drip tip and no more juice! That thing lasted a good 10 more puffs and vapor increased the further I got. Apparently I was over-flooding my atty. Now if I get little vapor on the first hit, I hit it again right afterwards before it has a chance to wick up more juice, and I get better vapor.

Silentius

Apr 29, 2010
NYC
When I first started with the 510, I had a nasty habit of flooding the atty and couldn't really get much vapor out of it. It took me a few days to find that "sweet spot" as mentioned above. Once I got it right, I haven't had a problem. Not sure if it makes any difference, but I've been using USA Blend and USA Mix juices from Esmokeytreats and Esmokeyshack. (Plenty of great flavor and vapor, and both vendors have provided excellent customer service).

asharp22

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
USA
No I don't think I've posted this before, last time I was curious how to get more vapor.

I think I figured it out. Finally started getting nice vapor this afternoon. I guess there was a breaking in point. It wasn't flooded or dry, just needed to be a little more used. Thanks for all the answers it really helped clear more of this up.

Still feeling like a huge learning curve though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread