Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 22

EL Pistoffo

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2013
S. FL
Unless its a really cheapo multi-meter or its plain bad, I would trust the multi-meter. Try verifying with another decent multi-meter if you can. Also make sure your not touching any the coil or assembly with your fingers when measuring, it may or may not skew the reading. Both measurement were done under same conditions e.g. juice in tank or empty, correct.

Last edited:

EL Pistoffo

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2013
S. FL
Wait I thought multimeter and ohm checkers were the same thing.. So I guess I have an ohm checker just a black box with a 510
Oh...yeah we were on different pages.

I can't speak for the box. What I would do is buy a few precision resistors from a place like Radio Shack and measure them on both devices to see which was off. But that may not actually be a such a simple thing for you to do.

Maybe you could get an inexpensive multi-meter. It should be fairly accurate. Lots of places sell them and you could find out which of the devices is off reading.

jonnio

Dec 20, 2013
USA
To get a true resistance reading on a coil that small you would need a really high end multi-meter. The best will actually use 4 wires to run a measured current through the coil and then check a measured voltage drop across it and do the math.

If I had to choose which to believe I'd run with the provari -- not because it's right, but because it will adjust its voltage based on its measurement if you put it in a VW mode. If you're going to adjust your own voltage then just pick a meter and use it all the time and adjust accordingly. Eventually the error will zero out in your process.

EL Pistoffo

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2013
S. FL
To get a true resistance reading on a coil that small you would need a really high end multi-meter. The best will actually use 4 wires to run a measured current through the coil and then check a measured voltage drop across it and do the math.

If I had to choose which to believe I'd run with the provari -- not because it's right, but because it will adjust its voltage based on its measurement if you put it in a VW mode. If you're going to adjust your own voltage then just pick a meter and use it all the time and adjust accordingly. Eventually the error will zero out in your process.

I thought Provari didn't do VW

I have a good Fluke Multi-Meter so I go fine by that.

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
jonnio:11657661 said:
If I had to choose which to believe I'd run with the provari -- not because it's right, but because it will adjust its voltage based on its measurement if you put it in a VW mode.

Provari isn't a vw mod.

Edit..look at the multimeter as more than a vaping accessory. It's worth it's weight in gold. I use flukes, but my 1587 and 99b was free for work. As long as it can be calibrated, I see that as a good investment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread