Status
Not open for further replies.

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
you can check it in the Reo. Plus if you do a reading while firing you can calculate the internal voltage drop of the battery. This is a great way to tell the real health of a battery over time. This voltage drop will climb as the battery ages.

from a recent post I made in another thread
Test a fresh battery off the charger, Then test at the batteries positive and negative terminals while firing the coil. This reading will always be lower and the difference is the voltage drop in the battery. a very high drop means the battery is bad and needs to be replaced. A battery may show 4.2 volts when charged but can only deliver 3.5 volts under load.

recent test of one of my batteries;
Off charger = 4.19 volts
under load at battery = 4.10 volts
So the battery has an internal voltage drop of .09 volts

ligyron

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
Lake Worth, FL
Wow Beast,

Talk about a quick response!

Thanks to you and all the great folks here for all the help and support. While I can't always read them immediately due to time restraints I always do eventually and always learn something new.

Looks like I'll no doubt end up drilling out the airhole in the RM2 to at least 1/16th to begin with. I'll need to go buy a mandrel since I just moved and can't find anything except my power drills.

I HATE moving and right now the garage looks like something from Hoarders. This wasn't exactly the most organized move I've ever pulled off.

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
you can check it in the Reo. Plus if you do a reading while firing you can calculate the internal voltage drop of the battery. This is a great way to tell the real health of a battery over time. This voltage drop will climb as the battery ages.

from a recent post I made in another thread

Wow Beast,

Talk about a quick response!

Thanks to you and all the great folks here for all the help and support. While I can't always read them immediately due to time restraints I always do eventually and always learn something new.

Looks like I'll no doubt end up drilling out the airhole in the RM2 to at least 1/16th to begin with. I'll need to go buy a mandrel since I just moved and can't find anything except my power drills.

I HATE moving and right now the garage looks like something from Hoarders. This wasn't exactly the most organized move I've ever pulled off.
One thing I forgot to mention is that voltage drop increases as load increases. Meaning, the same battery will show a higher voltage drop on a lower ohm coil. So if today it shows a drop .09 on 1.2 ohm coil but tomorrow shows a bigger drop on a .5 ohm coil that would be normal. Do the comparisons over time on the same ohm coil.

ligyron

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
Lake Worth, FL
One thing I forgot to mention is that voltage drop increases as load increases. Meaning, the same battery will show a higher voltage drop on a lower ohm coil. So if today it shows a drop .09 on 1.2 ohm coil but tomorrow shows a bigger drop on a .5 ohm coil that would be normal. Do the comparisons over time on the same ohm coil.

OK, Got it, thanks for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread