• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Package Seized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

viktor

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Burlington, Canada
Got a letter today from CBSA. The order was from greenhouseone (China)

PRODUCT INFORMATION:
This shipment has been examined with the following results:

PRODUCT NAME:
Electronic Smoking Products containing Nicotine
Action: Recommended for Refusal

REASON
Food and Drug Regulations -- C.01.045
No person, other than one of the following, shall import a prescription drug: (a) a practitioner; (b) a drug manufacturer; (c) a wholesale druggist; (d) a pharmacist; or (e) a resident of a foreign country while a visitor in Canada

The funny thing is this was a re-send by the vendor as the first parcel got lost. Also is nicotine really a prescription drug? Anyway, what's lost is lost. Need to order some juice soon, this time from Canada, 2-3 times the cost, I guess...

Last edited:

Bobbilly

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
Canada
The problem with the **cough** rules, is there's that 4mg per dose limitation that is supposed to allow these shipments to go through. Yet CBSA and HC are more than happy to ignore that little part.

The 4 mg exemption only makes it possible for OTC. It's still listed as a Drug and needs a DIN.

curk

Jun 3, 2014
Ottawa
I'm interested in how the seized packages were shipped? I'd guess couriers UPS, FEDEx and alike are less likely to be stopped...
Knowing i might not get it, I ordered only 1 x 35ml -6mg nic "AWOL" from vapetrik to Ottawa. only send USPS. which is painfully slow! placed order on May 29. Went to Miami and left to Canada June 4. Was starting to think it got pinched, but updated just now that its processed through MTL and will arrive on Friday. I'm pretty stoked.

granolaboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2014
Skidegate, BC, Canada
granolaboy.net
Sorry to hear that dude. I just sit and drool over all the juice I could be ordering from the states, but I'm sure at least half of it will probably not arrive.

I really wish Health Canada would pull their collective heads out of their arses and realize ecigs are part of the solution, not part of the problem. I wonder how much they are getting paid off by big tobacco.

684Alpha

Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
Canada eh!
Hey King, I think you may have just been unlucky, unless CBSA has started to crack down more this month. I have ordered 4 times from Alien Visions, the last time (a month ago) about 200ml of juice and never had a package turned around. I have had a package sit at Ville St. Laurent for 2 weeks with the tracking saying "sent for further processing" but it arrived un-opened and declared as nicotine ejuice by alien visions. I've also had a package sit in Ontario (forget where) customs for 3 weeks, again unopened. and the other 2 made it through like anything else. I have never figured out why the packages weren't opened after sitting for so long. Plus I figured they were seized for sure. I was just so happy they weren't seized I didn't want to call anybody to ask what happened.

I have also ordered a couple times from MBV with no issues. Maybe I'm just lucky.

Also, your package traveled to LA before coming here because that's the closest International USPS sort. It is so stupid, you order something from blane, right next to the border and the buggers send it to LA before sending it back to Abbotsford or Van or where ever. No wonder they charge an arm and a leg to ship to us poor buggers :blink:

Irish Lass

Jul 8, 2014
Belfast
Got a letter today from CBSA. The order was from greenhouseone (China)

PRODUCT INFORMATION:
This shipment has been examined with the following results:

PRODUCT NAME:
Electronic Smoking Products containing Nicotine
Action: Recommended for Refusal

REASON
Food and Drug Regulations -- C.01.045
No person, other than one of the following, shall import a prescription drug: (a) a practitioner; (b) a drug manufacturer; (c) a wholesale druggist; (d) a pharmacist; or (e) a resident of a foreign country while a visitor in Canada

The funny thing is this was a re-send by the vendor as the first parcel got lost. Also is nicotine really a prescription drug? Anyway, what's lost is lost. Need to order some juice soon, this time from Canada, 2-3 times the cost, I guess...

Reading this with interest, as am visiting Canada next month, flying inti Vancouver from UK, and wondering if I'll be okay to bring my tanks and e-juice (18mg nic) with me. Does (e) above mean that it should be okay? :confused:

Talyon

Vape 4 Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Toronto
Reading this with interest, as am visiting Canada next month, flying inti Vancouver from UK, and wondering if I'll be okay to bring my tanks and e-juice (18mg nic) with me. Does (e) above mean that it should be okay? :confused:

Yes visitors are allowed to bring in a personal amount, I'm just not clear on the amount.
Check your liquids in bottles in plastic bags, only carry a small device with a clearo for use. You should be fine. Plus there are many locations in Canada to buy juice if needed etc....

junior28186

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
montreal,qc,ca
met en caliss.......

how can we feel about that country letting us no other options but to smoke cigarettes that are highly addictive and destroying so much family, of course it's easy for a non smoker too say u can actually stop but thats not that easy

they only think about taxes they loss from cigarettes... just regulate e-cig and put your ....ing 80% taxes on it so we can try to have a more healthier life without being treated as criminals.....

really shy to say i live in that tribe that we use to call canada....

regulate that stuff fast so we can pay taxes and all of a sudden e-cig will be a good thing

off course CBSA and RCMP are readings posts here don't be stupid so to all of them sorry that i just wanna live a little longer...

Towmotor

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2014
Welland
I wonder if they would have seized the shipment if the volume had not been so "industrial" in size?

Possibly. Sometimes I think it depends on how the shipper describes the product on the customs declaration and sometimes its probably just random a-holes doing their job to the letter of the law.

pulp

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
Canada
Update: My package finally made it back to Mt Baker Vapor. Happy to say that I drove across the border, and picked up the package myself without incident.

Thank you for the Update, King, gives me *some* hope as mine is 2 months with Customs. I see it took about 2 and a half months before it was returned to your supplier. Difference with my situation, Customs hasn't even sent me a letter. I'm just *hoping* Customs sends the package back and forgoes the letter to me.

Last edited:

pulp

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
Canada
Holy crap! I JUST received an email from my supplier: "We actually did receive your package back at our office today. Please give us approval to manually charge your credit card in the amount ($42.90) for the upgraded shipment of USPS Express International Mail so we can reship your package."

So happy about this turn of events. Looks like 2 to 2 and a half months is the time frame. :)))))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread