• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Canada Post: Not home for signature required delivery, pick up the same day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ridethespiral

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton AB, Canada
I haven't had anything delivered by Canada Post which required a signature in a long long time.. There's a 95% chance no one will be home to receive the package and if they play by the rules, they won't leave the package... I know with Purolator express, I'm able to go get the package after 5pm and I have never had them check off where I have to go pick it up the next business day. I was reading of a few reports that Canada Post was holding the package until the next day for people.

Has anyone here not been home for a signature required delivery? And if so, were you able to pick it up the same day from a post office? I think it would be silly to hold an express package for an extra day!

At least with FedEx, I have a signature release on file and just put up a little FedEx sticker with my number and they'll leave the package if they feel safe doing so..

:vapor:

Dashe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2013
Fraser Valley, BC
It's the luck of the draw, they say the next day because the package may still be on the truck at the end of the day, and/or it has to be received at the post office. Nothing to lose by trying later in the day, just realize that no one is holding your package...it might just be out taking the scenic route back to the post office.

Nubbie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2012
Alberta Canada
I'm lucky enough to live where there is only one way in and out of my neighborhood and the post office is along that route, so if I not home they have to drive by the post office before leaving the area. Dashe is right though, sometimes the truck will not finish off at the local post office and you will have to wait till the next time it stops by to drop off the next load.

ridethespiral

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton AB, Canada
So the delivery card did say I had to pick it up today, but it was actually available yesterday right around 6pm. Stupid CP's tracking is SO SLOW at updating that it finally showed the package available for pickup 5 minutes before the post office closed (10pm). Didn't want to call because every time I have called somewhere to see if my package is there, they get so snarky.

Zenataos

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2012
British Columbia, Canada
I've had it both ways.

I've missed a delivery before and called the CanadaPost office and was able to pick up the package at that point (missed delivery at 11am and received it at 4:30pm when I called).

Another time same deal but I was unable to pick it up as it was still on the truck.

Hit or Miss, as has been said :p

F_Munson

Jan 9, 2012
NL, Canada
For my last Juggy's order I missed the delivery on a Friday and had to wait until Tuesday (Monday was a holiday). Luck of the draw it is. Sig required is of little use to me but I guess it is a guarantee for the seller.

I try to tell myself that there is very little need for me to have everything magically appear an instant after I request it; it's an expectation I have become conditioned to but is highly unrealistic given the geography involved.

ridethespiral

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton AB, Canada
I asked juggy to send one of my orders without signature required but he insisted sending it with the option. The reason being that if the package goes missing with no signature required but shows delivered, he is not liable to replace the order. Good enough reason for me IMO. I might start asking canape to put signature required just in case as well.

Sent from my SGH-I717D using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread