Patience is a virtue.....MY A%%

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthonyjl

ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
So my Birthday is not until the end of Sept. My wife is constantly complaining that I am hard to buy for because I always just go out and buy what I want before hand. Well that's not my fault!
Anyway, I have decided to go with the IPV4s and the Velocity rda for my next setup.

Should I try and persuade her to give me some early bday goodies or just get the goodies myself?
Life can be so rough ;)

anthonyjl

ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
Just show her what you want for your birthday and see if she'll get it for you. That way, she feels included in the hobby, and feels good getting you what you really want.

That sounds too time consuming lol. These items can only be on my watch list for long before my head melts

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
So my Birthday is not until the end of Sept. My wife is constantly complaining that I am hard to buy for because I always just go out and buy what I want before hand. Well that's not my fault!
Anyway, I have decided to go with the IPV4s and the Velocity RDA for my next setup.

Should I try and persuade her to give me some early bday goodies or just get the goodies myself?
Life can be so rough ;)

life is too short to spend time finding something to quibble about.

just buy it, and ask here to get you some nice blue socks!

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
I always just tell my family/girlfriend to give me money. They all say I am hard to buy for as well, it's easier to just give money and let me buy what I want instead of explaining something haha.

I'd say go for it, you might sleep on the couch for a week but you get the setup you want :p

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Anyway, I have decided to go with the IPV4s and the Velocity RDA for my next setup.

Life can be so rough ;)

My wife and I stopped buying gifts for each other a little while after we got married. We both have what we need anyway and trying to make it a practical purchase almost defeats the purpose. What we do instead now is give each other a wish. It can involve buying something but it's much more about doing something together that the requester will really enjoy. And before anyone goes there, it needs to be something that will not take the other person too far out of their comfort zone or it just won't fly ;)

It has worked out very well for us. We trust and respect each other, know each other well and it's been easy to keep it fun.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
My better half indicates that I'm also hard to buy for. Doesn't understand *ANY* of my vaping terminology - just nods 'n' smiles.

So, I get what I want when I want. :D

My husband and I have always done that. When it got close to my birthday and we got the Fed refund back, I showed him the portable CD/DVD player/writer, and portable HDD I wanted, and told him, "these are what I want for my birthday." So we went to microcenter and bought them. Happy birthday! :lol:

Having to have things wrapped in pretty paper with bows on is for children. Far better to get what you ACTUALLY WANT, than have someone give you some crap you couldn't care less about. And whoever said "it's the thought that counts," obviously always got some crap he couldn't care less about. :D

Andria

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Only you know your wife, my wife would make me wait, she has always been like that, you don't get anything until it's your Birthday and that is final..so for me, it's either buy them myself or wait.. Nobody can answer that question but you..

Just buy them ! and she can by the next mod :)...after all, it's your Birthday soon :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread