Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
BP7_zps490d4683.jpg

metropolitan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2013
new york city
do you want the FDA to be better and tougher when it comes to protecting the public's health?
you do understand that it means we should give them stronger regulatory powers and have them demand a much higher threshold when it comes to scientific testing before a product gets released for public consumption. the reason these medications that can cause bad side effects are allowed to pass is due to lobbying to weaken the FDA.

what i'm getting at is that i constantly read in these forums people complaining about the FDA but there's little consistency to make a good argument. it's just throwing complaints up in the air and letting this enclosed echo chamber repeat them but it doesn't add to anything constructive.

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
do you want the FDA to be better and tougher when it comes to protecting the public's health?
you do understand that it means we should give them stronger regulatory powers and have them demand a much higher threshold when it comes to scientific testing before a product gets released for public consumption. the reason these medications that can cause bad side effects are allowed to pass is due to lobbying to weaken the FDA.

what i'm getting at is that i constantly read in these forums people complaining about the FDA but there's little consistency to make a good argument. it's just throwing complaints up in the air and letting this enclosed echo chamber repeat them but it doesn't add to anything constructive.
You sure do have a "different" way of looking at a lot of things ...
Many have tried to help you understand (in other threads).
Obviously, to no avail.

Elnroth

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2012
Philadelphia
so i don't get it. some of you want a super lenient FDA when it comes to ecigs but a tough one when it comes to other things?

It's not a matter of lenient or strict. It's apples and oranges. The reason why drugs are regulated as such, is because they are new compounds that have been engineered to act in a certain fashion. The slightest change to the compound can result in a completely different metabolite profile.

There is nothing new in ejuice. It's a mixture of fda approved,regulated, and known to be safe for consumption in certain quantities, ingredients. It is an alternative method of delivery that was devised because great risk was associated with the most common method of delivery. It's like switching from coke to coffee to get your caffeine because coke has too many calories. Ecigs should really only be regulated to the extent food products are. Things such as ingredients lists, sanitation standards, and quality control procedures, would not necessarily be unwelcome. Most American ejuice manufacturers already follow these practices of their own volition.

Last edited:

Bill Godshall

Executive Director<br/> Smokefree Pennsylvania
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
metropolitan wrote

what i'm getting at is that i constantly read in these forums people complaining about the FDA but there's little consistency to make a good argument.

Before posting more comments like that one, I suggest metropolitan actually spend some time reading the threads on FDA's unlawful e-cigarette ban in 2009, the FDA's many false fear mongering claims about e-cigarettes since 2009 (none of which have been yet corrected or clarified), and Judge Lean's ruling against the FDA (which was upheld by 12 other federal judges).

Any objective and honest person who evaluates the FDA's actions and assertions on e-cigarettes since 2009 understands that FDA officials and staff have been knowingly and intentionally deceiving the public about e-cigarettes to ban the products and to prevent smokers from switching.

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
Metropolitan ...
There are many here on the Legislation forum that remember
the "other recent thread" where numerous members, including Bill,
supplied you with tons facts, references, and documentation
regarding our experiences with the FDA.

You post here as if the information was never given to you
which leads some to believe you have an agenda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread