moorea

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Marion, MT
phiniac.com
oh I am curious to see lee-zard
shucks you won't show it

It's not that I won't show it, I don't have it to show...

Before tonight is over we should have some photos or videos to show! If not tonight then definitely tomorrow.

So far we have vinyl cut for the following tests, 1 with "Jennifer" on it in a script. One with "Beatles" on it in print (hubby wanted a word with lots of mall dots so we got that with the B, e's and a's) one with a pretty cool space scene of saturn, stars and a crescent moon and finally one with a peace sign and floral around it! I will make sure one of the next few tests include Lee-zard!

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Frank's ford, in the Caintuck
Well I hope you do. If not the prize is the same for the random drawing as it will be for the person who figures out the riddle. We also are not announcing who figured it out or when until the end of the contest so if you think you got, send in answer as you never know you can be the first!

'Sokay. Some people get bent out of shape over the time zone thing--"everything works on Eastern time, you should make things convenient for me"--but I don't see the point in it. Everything that runs on eastern time tends to get inconvenient once you get any further away than Central, so it only seems fair that people in Colorado or Wyoming or Hawaii don't have to cater to people in New York or Massachusetts. What's funny to me in this case is that having a night job it's usually the Eastern time schedules that are inconvenient to me :lol:

I have faith that your riddle will be "interesting" enough that I'll still have a shot ;)

moorea

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Marion, MT
phiniac.com
Ooo ... I bet the space one would look cool! Gotta love Saturn ....

It might look OK, but I think I will have to redesign my saturn. I did my lines were the rings over lap the planet REALLY thin. It looks good on the computer, but might be to thin for the hubby to work with!

SPACE3.png

moorea

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Marion, MT
phiniac.com
'Sokay. Some people get bent out of shape over the time zone thing--"everything works on Eastern time, you should make things convenient for me"--but I don't see the point in it. Everything that runs on eastern time tends to get inconvenient once you get any further away than Central, so it only seems fair that people in Colorado or Wyoming or Hawaii don't have to cater to people in New York or Massachusetts. What's funny to me in this case is that having a night job it's usually the Eastern time schedules that are inconvenient to me :lol:

I have faith that your riddle will be "interesting" enough that I'll still have a shot ;)

The way I see it is "you can't please everyone" even if we did do everything on eastern time that doesn't help those with odd schedules on the east coast. So I usually pick a time that is convenient for me and run with it.

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Frank's ford, in the Caintuck
The way I see it is "you can't please everyone" even if we did do everything on eastern time that doesn't help those with odd schedules on the east coast.

Or anyone with normal schedules on the west coast. Or anyone with normal schedules on the east coast but has something going on that day. Or...

So I usually pick a time that is convenient for me and run with it.

And since you are the one offering the contest, that seems to me to be truly the "only fair way" to do it. I just get flabbergasted at the number of people these days who feel something "isn't fair" if it is not done to their convenience...

grump.gif

moorea

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Marion, MT
phiniac.com
Or anyone with normal schedules on the west coast. Or anyone with normal schedules on the east coast but has something going on that day. Or...

And since you are the one offering the contest, that seems to me to be truly the "only fair way" to do it. I just get flabbergasted at the number of people these days who feel something "isn't fair" if it is not done to their convenience...

View attachment 79393

Well I do try to make whatever we do fair as possible, but there is always someone in every bunch that will complain. However, I've been very lucky as the people I have attracted are very laid back and seem to be happy just going with the flow. I have found that we have made a few mistakes along the way and I personally was not happy with how "fair" the outcome was for the group in full... but I have made a mental note of each one and made changes later. For example the "Santa's Hat Contest" seemed to be fun for most but I didn't take into account that so many people would be interested in playing which slowed our server down a tad bit, but made it even slower for those with slow Internet... Lesson learned.

And being not only a web designer, but a web designer in the middle of nowhere with extremely slow internet, I should have given that some thought!

BluSwatch

Crazy Mod Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
Washington
Ok ... I just wanted to make sure I didn't originally come off as whiney or anything when I asked. I'm retired ... ANY time is good for me! :laugh:

Oh, I don't think anyone was saying it wasn't convenient for you in particular. I think it came because I mentioned trying to plan things at a convenient time for all!

moorea

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Marion, MT
phiniac.com
Ok ... I just wanted to make sure I didn't originally come off as whiney or anything when I asked. I'm retired ... ANY time is good for me! :laugh:

Yes, you are pretty open as time goes, you are retired and you don't sleep and it is earlier there! So if I did a 3:00am contest you would be set!

moorea

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Marion, MT
phiniac.com
So for the contest, we look at this riddle and then enter our answers or post them to the thread?
Man, I am no good at riddles - I think I am soo sure, but I am usually way off in left field.

Once I post it, it will be more clear. But there are two ways to win. The 1st is if you think you have figured out the riddle, send us an email. The first to send an email with the right answer wins. The second is to post possibilities of the riddle (once you read everything this part will make more sense) A random draw will be done on the possibility posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread