Status
Not open for further replies.

smitighe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Baltimore
I love these things. I actually have 3 boxes of them and swear by them. The only issues I have had are that certain juices will burn out the coil quicker than others. I have the first one I ever purchased about a month ago still going strong with the same juice. I haven't cleaned it, takin it apart or fiddled with it at all. And it still vapes like the day I pulled it out of the box. I am vaping one as we speak and say to myself every time, WOW! I cannot say enough about these clearo's. I have turned on other people onto them and they love them. There are fairly inexpensive so why not just buy a box and check em out. I can almost say you might love them as much as I do. Lemme know if you do.

cmelby

Jun 13, 2012
USA
I love these things. I actually have 3 boxes of them and swear by them. The only issues I have had are that certain juices will burn out the coil quicker than others. I have the first one I ever purchased about a month ago still going strong with the same juice. I haven't cleaned it, takin it apart or fiddled with it at all. And it still vapes like the day I pulled it out of the box. I am vaping one as we speak and say to myself every time, WOW! I cannot say enough about these clearo's. I have turned on other people onto them and they love them. There are fairly inexpensive so why not just buy a box and check em out. I can almost say you might love them as much as I do. Lemme know if you do.

Absolutely fabulous device. Get some and see!

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
Anyone have any experience using these? I want to change from the dct I have right now cause they burn out quickly and use a lot of liquid.
GotVapes PHOENiX™ Bottom Coil XL 1.5ml Cartomizer 2.4-2.6ohms [gv-PHOENIX-XL-2.4-510] - $11.95 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

Absolutely awesome.

Check out altsmoke.com. They are the same exact thing, even from the same factory, and are cheaper $9.99 a box. (they are called ce3 on altsmoke website). There is also a 10% off coupon on your first order when you register,it's FIRSTORDER.

I have a video on YouTube that show them, how to clean them, take them apart and everything. The video shows the 808 thread version from smokeless image, but again, it's the same product. I used to get them from gotvapes before smokeless image and altsmoke sold them. Here's the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsvMv1LcKrw

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

smitighe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Baltimore
I get mine from Eric at discount vapers. But they are all over the different sites. And outlaw I saw your video on how to top off these which was a huge help. I heard that 510 drip tips different then the one that comes with these breaks the vacuum seal causing then to leak. Can you confirm or deny this? I love these things and want to know all there is about then. I have 4 going now and 12 more left. Also have you had any issues with certain juices burning the coil quicker than others? Great YouTube vids by the way.

padookie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2012
Richmond VA
padookie.tumblr.com
I have had pretty good luck with the 510 Phoenix BC 2.6-2.8. I've been through 3 boxes so far. I got a pack with a few that shorted out or something but I'm sending them back in exchange for replacements. I also had good luck with the 808s.

I'm having trouble with the 2.4-2.6 ones. All I'm getting are burnt hits. I've tried two so far. I've taken them apart and they look the same as the 2.6-2.8. I'm using them on a 650 ego c battery.

Outlaw, I just watched your video. The part about filling them without cleaning them is going to come in handy. Thanks for that.

padookie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2012
Richmond VA
padookie.tumblr.com
Ok. Turns out there was primer in the 2 that I tried but not in the other 3 in the pack. Got one up and running.

What difference should I notice between the 2.4-2.6 vs the 2.6-2.8? Is the vapor warmer on the 2.4-2.6? I like the taste better out of the 2.6-2.8 but it might just be my mind playin' tricks on me.

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
Ok. Turns out there was primer in the 2 that I tried but not in the other 3 in the pack. Got one up and running.

What difference should I notice between the 2.4-2.6 vs the 2.6-2.8? Is the vapor warmer on the 2.4-2.6? I like the taste better out of the 2.6-2.8 but it might just be my mind playin' tricks on me.

It will be a slightly warmer vapor. Using the lower resistance will give you higher watts.

It is possible the taste was better with the higher resistance ones. Some juices taste better at lower watts. In my experience, those include some fruit flavored and desert flavored

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida

No, your mind isn't playing tricks. The 2.6-2.8 is a higher resistance and gives a cooler vape. Some people like cooler vapes, others like warmer vapes. What you like is what you like.

Put me down as another guy that loves these things. I've been using them for a month now and with cleaning they keep going and going...great vape after great vape.

There is a small learning curve. Fill upside down, be careful to seal properly when re-assembling etc. Mroutlaw's videos are a great place to learn all you need to know about these (he's Outlaw Vaper on utube).

If you need an 808 version Smokeless Image has them. They should be back in stock next week.

Last edited:

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
my buddy swears by these he says they do need a little time to break in and after that they are theeeee best...
The only break in I've had to do is to get rid of the primer on those that ship with primer (some do and some don't). Other than that they vape great from the first fill.

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
Not wanting to hijack the thread or anything, but does anyone know if these would work on a bottom feeder? My guess is no since you have to fill upsidedown. I liked these on my egos when I had them, but I have given them all away to newbie vapers and only have my bottom feeder now.
No, these aren't cartomizers like Boge's, they have no filler. Think of them as a small tank to be used on it's own.

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
Thank you Mroutlaw and Harplayr. I guess I just like the cooler vapor. I'll save the 2.4-2.6s for back up.

I have tried the ones from Volt as well. My wife just started using them.

It all depends on the flavor juice. The ones from smokeless image are he same exact thing as the ones from gotvapes. The difference is that the SI ones have primer and are cheaper. From what I understand, the new shipment SI is expecting won't have primer either.

tada

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
I get mine from Eric at discount vapers. But they are all over the different sites. And outlaw I saw your video on how to top off these which was a huge help. I heard that 510 drip tips different then the one that comes with these breaks the vacuum seal causing then to leak. Can you confirm or deny this? I love these things and want to know all there is about then. I have 4 going now and 12 more left. Also have you had any issues with certain juices burning the coil quicker than others? Great YouTube vids by the way.

I love these things too. I can can confirm that using a large drip tip, or a standard 510 with the o-ring still on them does break the vacuum and causes them to leak. I simply use the rubber one that comes with them, or a standard 510 tip without the o-ring. I have bought from both Eric at DV and the Phoenix ones from GotVapes. The Phoenix models come with a better rubber drip tip, but cost more than DV.

smitighe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Baltimore
Can you shoot me a pic of the gotvapes DT? I have a crap load of the DV ones. I have 2 standard 510 DT in these things now with no leaks. Fingers crossed!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344296311.789470.jpg

The newer CE3 types are manufactured by BetterLifeTech and I have been using them for over 4 months.
They ship with primer (shipping/antibacterial fluids), some of them have a little and others will have a lot, even in the same box. It's not a big deal, as I clean prior to use.
Also do not remove the top seal by prying it out using the filler hole. If this hole becomes damaged or enlarged, they will leak.
I have used 510 drip tips with mine and have not had any issues, however, the aluminum tips are rather large and will stretch the plastic tub which in turn make you smaller drip tips want to fall out.

I posted some info on these in this thread if anyone is having issues.....here.

Edit: added BetterLifeTech link. Also, they were talking about changing the name to CV3 since Microcig coined the CE3 name from their smokymizer brand. There use to be a disclaimer about this on their site, but I don't see it anymore.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread