Pisces Clone from Fasttech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheila Michele 1971

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Just received my Pisces clone from fasttech.....

It is too big to fit a 350 battery (a kick MIGHT fit but I dont own one to test). Ive been using a 650 battery and an RSST for about the last 30 minutes or so. Volt drop is disgusting. I havent put a multimeter to it yet, but it definitely needs some work to improve conductivity.....It appears to have chrome plating on the contacts. I wont know whats under there til I sand a bit. The center pin does not appear to be floating but I have been able to manually push it up and down using some force. The mod is VERY light even with a battery and rba. You HAVE to use the locking ring when you put it down or it WILL fire.

Since this mod was so inexpensive, I may try to bake it or something....well see....

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
The original use copper pins and can definately be sat on its button without it firing. Haven't measured, but can't say I'm noticing any "disgusting voltage drop". Rather the opposite. Doesn't fit a 18350 but is still shorter than a lot of 350 mods while using a 490 battery. That's the main selling point, imho. Also has a very comfortable button.

Thanks for the feedback :)

Sheila Michele 1971

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
It IS incredibly small even with a 650 in her. I have very small hands and it fits really nice.

As light as it is, I doubt theres any SS on it. Ill know for sure once I get down and dirty. Ive been using it since Ive received it without modifying anything (that WILL change)

A half filled RSST fired when I sat it down unlocked.
And yes, the button is nice especially considering how inexpensive it was.

I got this mainly because I do like the design of the original mod, but at this price I can 'play' around with it a bit.
Oh and the best thing.....there are no replica engravings or etchings.

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
No engravings is a definite plus. I could live without the tube engraving on the original, to be honest.

Not trying to be an "original snob". This one I really wanted, tho. Every couple/three months or so I convince myself I can pick up something nice (if there is something I really want) and spend about a third of what I used to on cigs... in one month. This one I rationalized as "voting with my wallet for shorter mods" :)

It's really unbelievable how short this thing is. Finally able to use 18490s on the go without feeling all too awkward. Ordered some 18650s to try also. Probably smaller than most 18490/500 mods :D

Last edited:

pmar4015

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2012
Long Island, NY
I tell you, I really like this mod (i.e. it is simply unbelievable how short the form factor is - not to mention the voltage drop is astoundingly low).

At any rate, my sole complaint is that the bottom button is somewhat "crunchy." In turn, I am curious as to whether anyone out there might know a fix for a crunchy button?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread