Prodigy V2 Logo Contest :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ack

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
NY
Thanks indyjoey for the blank.
It made me curious so I made one of two of my adaptations.

Pv2I11-12.jpg

Ack

Applejackson

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Albany, NY
Here's my submission. Could be used vertically or horizontally. Vertically the lines would wrap around all the way, and horizontally they'd run the length of the tube. Just thought, whenever I hear the word prodigy used, it's almost always in reference to some composer like Mozart or Beethoven, and it matches the elegance of your other products.

Prodigy logo final.jpg

Click on the thumbnail for a much better view as it's an attachment, not an inserted image.

mgrimes

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2008
San Diego, CA
Superimposed on some blanks. I think they got a little pixelated when I shrunk them down to fit, but you get the idea.

You need to be composing your artwork as vector (e.g. Illustrator) and not raster images (e.g. Photoshop).

Vector can be scaled up without pixelation, though shrinking sometimes requires pixel hand-hinting.

Logos should always be vector images. Keep your source graphics as vector and then export them to intended size with touch up as needed if you like.

The forum murders these images. I've attached an example of one of my source images to illustrate the point - scale it up, scale it down, see how it behaves differently than a raster image like a png or a jpg.

I hope this helps people on here, and I know it will help Steve when it comes time for a final graphic for the device.

Attachments

• pv2-6.pdf
    19.9 KB · Views: 38

Applejackson

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Albany, NY
You need to be composing your artwork as vector (e.g. Illustrator) and not raster images (e.g. Photoshop).

Vector can be scaled up without pixelation, though shrinking sometimes requires pixel hand-hinting.

Logos should always be vector images. Keep your source graphics as vector and then export them to intended size with touch up as needed if you like.

The forum murders these images. I've attached an example of one of my source images to illustrate the point - scale it up, scale it down, see how it behaves differently than a raster image like a png or a jpg.

I hope this helps people on here, and I know it will help Steve when it comes time for a final graphic for the device.

I'm aware of this, but I'm not knowledgeable in vector software (on my list of things to do). I use photoshop a ton though. Not usually for logos, though as an all-media freelance artist, it occasionally happens. I tend to work in physical media more often. The treble clef is hand-drawn then scanned and filtered. Just way easier for me. I was a fine arts major and I've got wicked ADD. Vector is too technical for my way of thinking, but I gotta learn it eventually. Any logos I've designed have always had to be a physical product when I was finished, so I'll just use photoshop for the design, then create the physical piece (such as a sign or mural) from there using more traditional material.

Last edited:

Birdy

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2009
Houston

A lot of people don't have Illustrator. But it shouldn't stop them from throwing their ideas out there.

I'm sure once Steve chooses a design he can have someone do a vector of it.

mgrimes

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2008
San Diego, CA
I'm aware of this, but I'm not knowledgeable in vector software (on my list of things to do). I use photoshop a ton though. Not usually for logos, though as an all-media freelance artist, it occasionally happens. I tend to work in physical media more often. The treble clef is hand-drawn then scanned and filtered. Just way easier for me.

Yeah never enough time to learn everything :) No sweat man it looks great! I'm just trying to help you, Steve, well all of us out as we all want a logo that is as clean as the device it's etched on. I'd swear Steve's changed his last name to Jobs because this device unlike the V1 is the best kept secret.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread