Status
Not open for further replies.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
if you're looking for a regulated device that lasts long, get the provari.

if you're looking for something that vapes great all day, every day and will last nearly forever and is easier than keeping a protank even vaping, then get a Reo Grand and a reomizer 2.0.

SOURCE: a guy who owns these...

100_5998_zps988d6ffa.jpg

notice the wifes MVP II in the background...

100_6013_zpscc3b98e3.jpg

p.opus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Coral Springs FL
I've seen people buying blem Provaris. Where do they have them on the Provape site?? I'm gonna wrap it anyway so it doesn't bother me if there are a few blems.

Tap'd from my LG G2

Blems are available occasionally in the "clearance" section of the ProVape website. There are none available at this time.

If you're going to wrap it, the best bet is a satin silver with a RED LED. At $159.00 it's the least expensive of the new ones and comes with free shipping.

Or start surfing the classies....

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
I had a Provari for about a year, it's a great device, very durable and dependable. I sold it to buy mech mods in anticipation of the zombie apocalypse.

I'm now getting ready to sell the mechs in order to buy more REOs.

As stated, you really can't go wrong either way, it all depends on you preferences.

Edit: Meant to add, I was unsure about using a box mod after years of using tubes but after a day when I couldn't put down the Grand, it didn't concern me anymore.

Last edited:

Garemlin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
In the Mist
Blems are available occasionally in the "clearance" section of the ProVape website. There are none available at this time.

If you're going to wrap it, the best bet is a satin silver with a RED LED. At $159.00 it's the least expensive of the new ones and comes with free shipping.

Or start surfing the classies....

I guess the blems go pretty quick.

I'm thinking satin silver but springing for the blue LED.

SINphul

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
Ashburn, VA
I have a Provari (VV) and a Dicodes Dani Extreme (VW). Both are amazing devices. I use the Provari when I'm out and about (because it's made to take a beating), and I use my Dani at home (for sub ohm builds, or anything that requires a high wattage, as it can hit 20 watts). The Dani is prettier and a fair bit smaller than the Provari in 18650 mode, but you'll have to import it from Europe. Can't go wrong with either.

mods.jpg

PeteC2

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2013
Bristol, CT
If your only concern is durability/reliability, and you do not need a high-voltage mod, then the Provari obviously fills the bill as one of the most durable mods out there.

If you are looking for higher voltage, or a mod with more advanced features then you may want to look elsewhere. No knock at all on the Provari, but personally, I change tanks frequently and prefer a device that has vw...but as long as the features of the Provari meet your needs, it is hard to impossible to find the combination of very rugged build combined with a warranty that is actually worth something.

Safe to say that you will not end up with a collection of Provari paper-weights.

Garemlin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
In the Mist
If your only concern is durability/reliability, and you do not need a high-voltage mod, then the Provari obviously fills the bill as one of the most durable mods out there.

If you are looking for higher voltage, or a mod with more advanced features then you may want to look elsewhere. No knock at all on the Provari, but personally, I change tanks frequently and prefer a device that has vw...but as long as the features of the Provari meet your needs, it is hard to impossible to find the combination of very rugged build combined with a warranty that is actually worth something.

I actually live life pretty simple. I don't actually use vw right now anyway and don't have any plans to do sub ohm coils. Just tanks AND maybe a Kayfun somewhere down the line.

But yes durability and reliability are my biggest concerns. Why spend $40+ every 3 to 4 months and not just get something worthwhile from the start. I'm sure I just got a bad MVP. I'm not planning on my other one dying quickly. But you just never know.

Tap'd from my LG G2

Garemlin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
In the Mist
I'm like you, where I want a well-built, durable mod for on the go. For me, my Provari Mini has been the answer to everything I was looking for.

I'm just worried that buying one will open up the flood gates. I buy one, Then a mini. Then a special edition. Next thing you know I have a collection of Provaris for each tank instead of a collection of inexpensive Chinese mods. LOL

p.opus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Coral Springs FL
I'm just worried that buying one will open up the flood gates. I buy one, Then a mini. Then a special edition. Next thing you know I have a collection of Provaris for each tank instead of a collection of inexpensive Chinese mods. LOL

That is a real danger. I went hog wild for a bit and before I knew it I had three standards. And was eyeing a mini as a 4th.

I was used to buying mods like VV3's and egos and was buying backups for backups for backups.

I found myself not really using two of them much because they didn't "look" as good with my Kayfun. Once I identified that I knew I needed to make a change.

I traded the black standard for a satin silver mini. I sold the Blue on the Classies and used it to pay off my Pay Me Later balance on my PayPal account.

The mini and the standard serve as backups to each other, Since I have the extension cap, I can use all the available battery sizes.

chrisbru

ECF Veteran
Verified Member

I know the feeling :D I'm working on the self control to stay with one, but I'll probably end up getting a full size at some point. Luckily, my Provari is so solid, that I find myself more focused on finding my favorite juice and tank rather than getting more mods now!

Garemlin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
In the Mist
I know the feeling :D I'm working on the self control to stay with one, but I'll probably end up getting a full size at some point. Luckily, my Provari is so solid, that I find myself more focused on finding my favorite juice and tank rather than getting more mods now!

LOL I am the type that likes to have several mods with several different tanks/flavors ready to go all the time. The Provari will primarily be for my big tanks and ADV flavors. I'll keep my VV 3's my other MVP and my cheapo ego for in the go with smaller tanks.

Tap'd from my LG G2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread