Question about battery charging

Status
Not open for further replies.

PghPuffer

Verified Member
Jan 6, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Hope this isn't a stupid question, but I want to make sure I understand this before I start using my newly arrived iTaste VV V3. Most of the manuals you get with a battery will say something like "make sure you charge for at least xx hours before first use," and usually xx is at least twice as long as the typical amount of time to charge the battery in a regular charge/discharge cycle. Also, most if not all batteries have an indicator that changes color/turns off/etc to indicate "charge full."

I was under the impression that when the full charge indicator comes on, there is a switch in the charger which turns off the circuit, cutting power completely to the device. If that is the case, would it be safe to use my device right after the indicator states a full charge? Or am I mistaken and the charger continues to "prime" the battery for lack of a better term?

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
I was under the impression that when the full charge indicator comes on, there is a switch in the charger which turns off the circuit, cutting power completely to the device.
Yes there is a shutoff switch in the charger but best not to leave it charging unattended just in case that chip fails and overcharging occurs. Very, very rare but better to be safe than sorry.

If that is the case, would it be safe to use my device right after the indicator states a full charge? Or am I mistaken and the charger continues to "prime" the battery for lack of a better term?
It's a pass through meaning you can vape while it's charging.

Dakota Jim

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
in a warehouse buried near Univille SD
you can use the vv3 right away as a pass through (you can vape while it is charging if you are just sitting in a stationary location)

but yes once the battery is charged you can take it off the cable and yes the charging circuitry will stop charging the battery when it is done

Fisheeboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2013
Colorado, USA
I think this is a great question! I just wish I had a great answer for you. But I'm sure someone will come along and give you one. My instructions said the same thing pretty much except half way through the 'break in' charge it said to vape with it for twenty minutes or so and then reconnect to charger for the remaining suggested hours. Any way I did as the manual said and I've been using the same two batteries for a year now with no problems.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
alot of "new" batteries are shipped in a low voltage situation and require a "first time" charge that is about 2 times longer than a battery that has had a previous charge. When I recieved my Kit, the original charging made the charger get quite warm and took several hours to complete the cycle. Now the recharge time is about 4 hours for the 3400mAh batteries...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread