Questions regarding the new Aspire Sub Ohm Series - Battery + Atlantis Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Guys
Currently i'm running an innokin MVP 2.0 with an aspire nautilus. I've had it for about 6 months and i love it, but i'm noticing more and more how obnoxious it is that the battery has the button on the front lol. Yes i know i can get a new battery but my question is

For 94$ i can get the Aspire Sub Ohm Battery + Aspire Atlantis + Charger. Is it worth it? In the sense of, taste better, longer lasting? I see its a 2 ML tank, which scares me, how fast will i blow through this? Currently i have 3.7 Volts on this setup with BVC coils and run through a tank in a day to a day and a half.

Thanks!

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
Worth it I am not sure, but at .4-.5 ohms I go through at least 12mls (sometimes more) a day of 6mg juice. I do tend to chain vape but that is the one thing that made me :confused: when I saw the Atlantis. Dropping the ohms and decreasing the tank capacity seems like shooting yourself in the foot. When I first vaped on the mini I would fill it at least two times a day so I am guessing in my case I would have to fill the Atlantis 4 times a day or more. Not a very good selling point IMHO.

Worth it I am not sure, but at .4-.5 ohms I go through at least 12mls (sometimes more) a day of 6mg juice. I do tend to chain vape but that is the one thing that made me :confused: when I saw the Atlantis. Dropping the ohms and decreasing the tank capacity seems like shooting yourself in the foot. When I first vaped on the mini I would fill it at least two times a day so I am guessing in my case I would have to fill the Atlantis 4 times a day or more. Not a very good selling point IMHO.

See that was my thought. You're going to burn more and have to refil more.. If i could go a day with one tank i would be happy but if i have to refil it sort of defeats the purpose for me. I don't typically chain vape unless i'm home at night.

This is all up in the air, i was going to order now from aspire website but 8-20 days shipping -.-

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
It's getting great reviews BUT every one of them talks about how small the tank is.

I would wait until they come out with a larger tank. As soon as this tank gets into the market in large numbers vapers are going to be pushing really hard for a much larger tank.

Lots of "first look" reviews on this:

1. A PBusardo Video - First Thoughts on the Atlantis
2. GrimmGreen - Aspire Atlantis + CF SUB OHM battery
3. Todd ecigreviews - ASPIRE Atlantis/CF MOD/CF SUB OHM
4. Suck my Mod - Vaping The Aspire Atlantis At 45 Watts!
5. VapingwithTwisted420 - Aspire Atlantis Quick First Look Impressions

It's getting great reviews BUT every one of them talks about how small the tank is.

I would wait until they come out with a larger tank. As soon as this tank gets into the market in large numbers vapers are going to be pushing really hard for a much larger tank.

Lots of "first look" reviews on this:

1. A PBusardo Video - First Thoughts on the Atlantis
2. GrimmGreen - Aspire Atlantis + CF SUB OHM battery
3. Todd ecigreviews - ASPIRE Atlantis/CF MOD/CF SUB OHM
4. Suck my Mod - Vaping The Aspire Atlantis At 45 Watts!
5. VapingwithTwisted420 - Aspire Atlantis Quick First Look Impressions

That was another thought of mine, do you believe they'll introduce a new tank ? A bigger one that is, i'm hopeing they will.

Norrin

Aug 29, 2014
Shetland
I don't know? 2ml is small but it's aiming for people who want the sub-ohm benefits without building coils IMO. So you can buy this or the huge Kanger with 4 or is it 4.5ml going to 6 in RBA mode, the kanger is 25mm which to me is a bigger negative than 2ml although I would just rather go for a kayfun type device I think.
Maybe when more devices come out like this the 2ml will be a negative, but until it has competition I think it will sell.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
That was another thought of mine, do you believe they'll introduce a new tank ? A bigger one that is, i'm hopeing they will.
I can't say.

Guess it will depend on how hard vapers push for a larger tank or how many vapers would purchase the product IF it had a larger tank.

ReigntheGamer

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
I don't know? 2ml is small but it's aiming for people who want the sub-ohm benefits without building coils IMO. So you can buy this or the huge Kanger with 4 or is it 4.5ml going to 6 in RBA mode, the kanger is 25mm which to me is a bigger negative than 2ml although I would just rather go for a kayfun type device I think.
Maybe when more devices come out like this the 2ml will be a negative, but until it has competition I think it will sell.

For sure it will sell, it's new and people love new "cutting edge" things, but 2mls is just so small even for a light vaper. And until it has competition it will sell but I think we all are looking for that great vape with minimal fuss and to me 2mls just doesn't convey that. I'm not going to mention what I vape on but 6mls a tank I can build on it below .5 ohms and it lasts half a day (or longer) without a battery change there's no reason to look at it twice.

I just think if someone want's to sub-ohm with a little research there are better ways to go about it. The one plus I will give it is for people who want the sub-ohm vape but don't want to put in the time to do it safely. Because it essentially does it for you, then it does have some merits. And whatever keeps the vape crowd safe benefits us all.

But I still don't see the reasoning in dropping the ohm's and making it smaller than a Nautilus full sized at the very least.

Sgt. Pepper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2011
For sure it will sell, it's new and people love new "cutting edge" things, but 2mls is just so small even for a light vaper. And until it has competition it will sell but I think we all are looking for that great vape with minimal fuss and to me 2mls just doesn't convey that. I'm not going to mention what I vape on but 6mls a tank I can build on it below .5 ohms and it lasts half a day (or longer) without a battery change there's no reason to look at it twice.

I just think if someone want's to sub-ohm with a little research there are better ways to go about it. The one plus I will give it is for people who want the sub-ohm vape but don't want to put in the time to do it safely. Because it essentially does it for you, then it does have some merits. And whatever keeps the vape crowd safe benefits us all.
But I still don't see the reasoning in dropping the ohm's and making it smaller than a Nautilus full sized at the very least.

I am in that market, which is why it is so appealing to me. Now to find a 40 DNA device or better to go with the Atlantis. I know Aspire sells a battery to go with this, but it doesn't interest me; however, I won't rule it out. Any suggestions?

ReigntheGamer

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
I am in that market, which is why it is so appealing to me. Now to find a 40 DNA device or better to go with the Atlantis. I know Aspire sells a battery to go with this, but it doesn't interest me; however, I won't rule it out. Any suggestions?

I saw them being ran on a Vaporshark that's a nice little mod. As far as other suggestions someone else maybe better suited to offer some I haven't looked at many regulated mods, I prefer mechanical mods at the moment.

Sgt. Pepper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2011
I saw them being ran on a Vaporshark that's a nice little mod. As far as other suggestions someone else maybe better suited to offer some I haven't looked at many regulated mods, I prefer mechanical mods at the moment.

thanks for the suggestion, Reign. I went to the vapor shark site and the price is in the range I am willing to pay. A few 40dna devices I looked at were $250-300+. Not that I can't afford it... it's just that I am not willing to pay that much for a mod. I will keep the vapor shark on my short list. thanks again.

jbnuke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2014
Trenton nj
Ok heres a good example for you. I last used a nautilus mini, then went to a rba with a subohm setup. My subohm setup I use at least double the juice a day that I used withthe mini. So I would carry a small bottle of juice with you at least until you figure out how much you will use a day. And highly recommend lowering the nic concentration because you probably will use more

ReigntheGamer

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
thanks for the suggestion, Reign. I went to the vapor shark site and the price is in the range I am willing to pay. A few 40dna devices I looked at were $250-300+. Not that I can't afford it... it's just that I am not willing to pay that much for a mod. I will keep the vapor shark on my short list. thanks again.

The prices can get steep pretty quick, and glad to help. :)

MrsMojoRisin

Verified Member
Nov 21, 2014
Commonwealth of Massachusetts
I literally just picked one up a few hours ago and so far I love it. It's a huge upgrade from the Kanger mini2 I have. I noticed I burned through the tank pretty fast but I was blowing huge clouds, my husband has been bogarting it too so it's not just me using it ATM. He's a little jealous. I am new to using anything but the cigalikes so I took the recommendation of the vape shop owner and am very happy right now.

freedogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Erie,Pa
SgtP....if you can hold off for a couple days VaporShark is having a 20% off sale. That's a smokin hot deal!!

I'm sure if Aspire doesn't come up with a larger tank, Beyond Vape will. I use one of their Silo tanks with bvc coils and absolutely love it.

Sgt. Pepper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2011
SgtP....if you can hold off for a couple days VaporShark is having a 20% off sale. That's a smokin hot deal!!

I'm sure if Aspire doesn't come up with a larger tank, Beyond Vape will. I use one of their Silo tanks with bvc coils and absolutely love it.

thanks, freedog. I happened to see that today on some thread. I believe it's a cyber Monday sale... correct me if I am wrong. I will be on the site early to take advantage of the 20% off for the rDNA 40. I am assuming you won't need a code to take advantage of the sale?

In reference to tanks, I'm going to pass on the aspire atlantis. Apparently, the chimney on the atlantis is chrome covered brass.

I really like the idea of the kangertech sub-ohm tank; it's both a rebuildable and bottom coil tank. I really haven't gotten into rebuildables, but this tank allows me to do both. Hopefully, they will be out next month.

Rizzyking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
East Midlands, United Kingdom
These new sub ohm tanks are not aimed at the current group of sub ohmers they are looking to attract the ego\clearomiser user who won't understand some of the pitfalls of sub ohming such as increased liquid usage and if people get into them with the aspire battery they don't even have to understand battery safety, ohms law and suchlike. These products are coming at the wrong time for vaping IMO its only a matter of time before someone is injured and the ants have a whole new load of ammo to use against vaping. Add in that many users don't come onto forums to get guidance and advice many relying on b&M's to give them good advice which all too many don't I don't think this is good at this moment in time. On a practical note for those buying this tank with the aspire battery's buy two battery's because charging them on an ego charger takes quite a while over four hours by my watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread