Sgt. Pepper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2011

Meant2be

Dec 15, 2014
South Florida
Uh oh!! I'm definitely one of the people you say buy these without understanding battery safety. I have been using 2 of these batteries only using my Atlantis tank with absolutely no issues at all for 2 weeks now. I'm in vape heaven!!! But, I have no clue what I need to be aware of for safety. I like simple, so any help or advice is greatly appreciated. I've been ranting about how awesome this setup is and don't want to steer anyone wrong.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I don't understand the tank capacity issue. Refilling takes about 90 seconds. I wouldn't want my atlantis to be any bigger than it is now.

Some one on the board pointed me to 5 packs of 1.0 ohm coils for the Atlantis on Fasttech. I ordered some. If they work it should mean the Atlantis can be used on an iStick and similar devices assuming 20 watts is enough, which I suspect it will be for a lot of people including me.

I like Atlantis' easy draw and I suspect the large coil surface area contributes to the flavor, not just the heat it generates. I'm betting I'll see good flavor and vapor at 15-20 watts and I'd like to have that option. In a week I should have the coils and find out if I'm right.

Bman123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2014
Akron Ohio
The Atlantis is good, the battery is awful.

The atlantis works great, my juice gunks coils fast so i was going thru a coil every 5 days and that is not cost effective to me at all so I got rid of it but for what it is the atlantis is a very good tank other then what I say below

The sub ohm battery is down right crap. It does not do what Aspire says it will. The orange light does not come on at 3.4 volts it comes on around 3 leaving you to believe your still getting a good vape experience. It does not do 4 volts under load on a fresh charged battery it's more like 3.4 and you can do the math for a .5 ohm coil at 3.4 volts is like 23 watts.

The tank needs 35-45 watts to really shine. I have to build a .3 ohm dual coil on a dark horse with the sub ohm battery to get a decent vape. On a fresh battery at 4 volts I should be pulling about 53 watts and that is not the case. I put my darkhorse on my friends copper stingray with a fresh battery and it made me choke. The difference really is huge.

When I first got the combo I was happy with it, until I started doing research on my own after using a friend's rda setup and seeing how big of a difference it was. They could of done something great here .

The whole chimney thing was a damn joke. Aspire knew it wasn't all stainless and they tried to hide it. Needless to say i will never buy another aspire product. I bought the atlantis and the sub ohm battery and i got duped on each one, not a good way to keep me as a customer.

Last edited:

Danbrooks2k

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
Pensacola, Florida
I have to fill my Atlantis a few times a day at 6mg.

I ordered the 8ml capacity tank extender from kidney puncher. Its 29$ but comes with a spare glass and a nice carrying case.

Even with the small 2ml capacity of the stock tank I absolutley love it!

I do have a kanger subtank coming but until then I wont be vaping anything but my Atlantis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread