Quit smoking cigarettes last night!

Status
Not open for further replies.

onebadtwo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
Jacksonville FL
I have been lingering around here for a couple weeks. I decided last night to go visit one of the local shops. They happily set me up with a ego-c twist knockoff battery, a cheap tank, and a couple bottles of juice. I initially got a menthol flavor (like me traditional cigarettes) that I absolutely hated after taking a few drags. My salesman recommended I mix in a little blueberry which calmed down the heavy menthol.

Now for a couple quick questions.

1. How do you try a new flavor without completely cleaning and refilling your tank?

2. Do I need to hunt down another battery?

3. My sales man said I shouldn't lay my setup (what do you call it anyway?) down. How do you store and carry your setup around with you in your daily travels?

4. How do you decide what flavor juice to try next? What flavors mix well?

Thanks
Curt

somdfisher

ECF Veteran
I'm the same way with the menthol. I hate any of the juices with menthol in them and I was a menthol smoker. I look at the reviews of the juices that might peak my interest, but I found that going to a vape shop and trying them is best for me. You can also buy sampler packs for pretty cheap. My friend gave me an RDA to try juices with, but I quickly found it to stay on my rig instead of using a clearomizer. With the RDA I am able to change out the cotton pretty easily to change flavors. The vape shop I went to this past weekend had smaller atomizers with their flavors in them for sampling before you buy something.

omyeyes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2013
Las Vapors, NV
I have been lingering around here for a couple weeks. I decided last night to go visit one of the local shops. They happily set me up with a ego-c twist knockoff battery, a cheap tank, and a couple bottles of juice. I initially got a menthol flavor (like me traditional cigarettes) that I absolutely hated after taking a few drags. My salesman recommended I mix in a little blueberry which calmed down the heavy menthol.

1. How do you try a new flavor without completely cleaning and refilling your tank? Get a small drip atomizer

2. Do I need to hunt down another battery? Absolutely, ALWAYS have a back up for your backups!!

3. My sales man said I shouldn't lay my setup (what do you call it anyway?) down. How do you store and carry your setup around with you in your daily travels? It's a PV, personal vaper and it's no problem laying it down. It's probably a top coil feeder. Just keep your wick saturated.

4. How do you decide what flavor juice to try next? What flavors mix well? Taste is totally subjective. I can't handle menthol but you like it. See what I mean? You're going to have to experiment with different flavors and find what's right for you. We're all different.
Thanks
Curt

Glad you're here!! Congrats!!!

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago

1. How do you try a new flavor without completely cleaning and refilling your tank?

2. Do I need to hunt down another battery?

3. My sales man said I shouldn't lay my setup (what do you call it anyway?) down. How do you store and carry your setup around with you in your daily travels?

4. How do you decide what flavor juice to try next? What flavors mix well?

Thanks
Curt

1; best way seems to be a dripping atomiser; maybe just try smelling it?
2: YES
3: top coil tanks might leak if they are upside down; bottom coil tanks might leak if they are right side up;
4: experiment.

DavidAmonettNashville

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2014
Nashville,Tn
I kept my rig upright in a small glass cup until I got a fancy device at my local vape store that does the same thing....My taste buds came back to life after about a month of not smoking cigs and the juices I thought I was liking began to taste different to me...I no longer wanted anything that tasted like a Smoke and instead began to enjoy sweeter fruit flavored juices...Lots of twists and turns on this road we're on but it's a journey worth taking..Congratulations on deciding to quit and welcome to wonderful world of vaping...

witschnerd1

Jan 8, 2014
United States
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered supplier

ccubed

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
Denver, CO
Hi Curt and I'll echo everyone's welcome to ECF. And a big congrats on day 1 being analog free. That is great to hear. I'll also repeat what ohmyeyes said.....have backups and backups for your backups. You don't want an uncharged battery or equipment failure to give you a reason to go back to analogs.

Like has been said, everyone's tastes about juices can be different. I was a menthol smoker and have found 3 that I like and 2 that I don't like. Of the 2 I don't like, one of my co-workers loves it, so I gave it to her. One of the things that was suggested to me was to be open to expand my juice horizons and try some that had nothing to do with menthol or tobacco flavors. I thought I would not be open to that, but they were right. I rotate various juices in the evening. So far this evening I've vaped kiwi, peach and chocolate chip mint ice cream.

There are some on line vendors that do pretty reasonably priced sample packs. One on-line vendor I've tried and liked is Mr. Vape, and others here can suggest many others. I also have a local B&M that allows sampling, so I take advantage of it. So many juices, so little time.

Anyway, I hope you find this community and the folks here supportive, knowledgeable and experienced. I sure have. Plus, it's a fun place to hang out, share our experiences (good and bad) and learn from one another.

Hope to see you here as your vape world continues to expand and grow. Namaste.

LoriVanPelt

ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2013
Asspucker, Illinois
wonderful news !!!! congrats .. welcome to a wonderful site .... i am looking to get a lanyard for my next little purchase... i suck on the thing often and often misplace it so when i am home perhaps the lanyard is a good idea... a lot of things with this hobby is finding the things that work or do not work for you and the selection and items are a bit overwhelming at times lol...

rurwin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2014
Leicester, UK
What do I need to purchase to drip new flavors directly on an atomizer? I have one of the ego twist knockoff batterys if it matters.

The easiest, cheapest way is:
510 Standard Resistance Atomiser [VE9] - £4.49 : Vape Escape

That seems to say you need a drip tip, but they come with a plastic one anyway.

That's only cheap until you have to replace it of course, the long-term cheapest way is a rebuildable dripping atomiser (RDA), but you probably don't want to get into coil building just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread